• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER INSTINCT - Sadira trailer - ORCHID TEASE

Silky

Banned
SHEYA

VXZZ2dd.png

Sponge

Banned
After watching the trailer again, I do kinda like Orchid's new design. I just miss her headband the most. I'm not sold on her goggles just yet.

kunonabi

orchid looks alright. much better than her terrible ki2 design at least. outfit makes her look a little younger than i would have liked.

Jezan

Wait her tiger is a pet, I thought it was her..inner something or whatever. She looks like a character from Borderlands, not sure if gusta, would need to see more.

I called this. Fulgore is going to be released in March when the story mode is released. Makes sense as he is the most vital character in the KI story.

Mesoian

I'm so glad her new design isn't crap. I was legit worried that every girl in this thing was going to be a tube top/thong combination.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, do we see a load of Sadira accessories in that vid? Looks like lots of mask designs for around her eyes, over her mouth, etc. There seems to be a lot of web effects, and beyond just her launcher, she also has a "cartwheel enemy behind her" kick, which reminds me of something out of Tekken, lol.

Her stage looks pretty great, it seems to be full of stuff. Are we getting a tease of how story content will look? There where lots of scenes in the vid that aren't obviously, easily paced on the stage just by looking.

I... don't mind the Female faces, so far. Orchid has some attitude, they have decent lips, and Sadira almost looks like a new character with the recolored eyes. They've done a good job minimalizing the "Mortal Kombat" feel some.

I reallylike the fact Orchid's Laser Cat is represented, even if it ends up being a separate part of her, rather than a "WTF?" random Morph like it used to be before. A bit of a sassy animal-tamer is a nice twist.

Worth the wait :)

kunonabi

just noticed her weapons. nice compromise between the lightsabers and the tonfa.

looks she is more of the inventor type than the secret agent/spy that she was

RedAssedApe

Banned
maybe its just all the green...but i was thinking this would be how ubisoft would sex up the design for jade from beyond good and evil hah

skdoo

Banned
I miss the classic KI look - these characters look quite a bit different than I remember back in the day. Orchid looks like Lara Croft - not a bad thing, but definitely different.

Dahbomb

At least the KI devs are better at making female faces than NRS devs. Both Sadira and Orchid look good although I kinda liked the masked Sadira.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I miss the classic KI look - these characters look quite a bit different than I remember back in the day. Orchid looks like Lara Croft - not a bad thing, but definitely different.

Just swap the goggles out for a bandana and she's kinda close to her old design

Remember the old designs were lacking ANY type of model detail... She's a spy/agent

Besides, its better Lara croft than Janet Jackson

LTWheels

What if Orchid plays similar to a P4A or JoJo character where the pet is controlled separate from the main character.

Double Helix did say that they want the first 6 characters to each have a different play style.

Top Bottom