• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER INSTINCT - Sadira trailer - ORCHID TEASE

Glad to hear we'll have full patch notes, but I'd honestly like to be notified if I'm playing on an updated version. At least a dialogue box or something.
Yeah, I'm with you on that. From what I'm getting from this, they'll be able to change stuff behind the scenes (balancing stuff) and just apply it without the users being any the wiser. So one day we might be playing and all of sudden a move is nerfed or a character is hitting harder than before? Is this a correct assumption?

Yeah, I'm with you on that. From what I'm getting from this, they'll be able to change stuff behind the scenes (balancing stuff) and just apply it without the users being any the wiser. So one day we might be playing and all of sudden a move is nerfed or a character is hitting harder than before? Is this a correct assumption?
You mean DURING a match? I don't think that's how it would work. It would probably be in between matches at the most frequent.

Jarlaxle

Glad to hear we'll have full patch notes, but I'd honestly like to be notified if I'm playing on an updated version. At least a dialogue box or something.

Doesn't it basically say here that they won't just do it without letting you know something has been changed:

With great power comes great responsibility, and Rettig is quick to add that they won’t be making frequent changes just because they can. The game can be tweaked without player knowledge, but that doesn’t mean it will be. Rettig says developer notes will always post alongside changes.

No no, I mean you played yesterday, then go to play today and notice things have changed since yesterday.

Oh, yeah! Like I said, I'd bet it would happen as soon as your next match started even. No need for a download, since it probably loads the changes with every match that loads. That's my uneducated guess at least :p

.la1n

Obviously I'm not in the know but given how receptive DH has been to fan suggestions I think at least a dialogue box is possible since it would be an easy feature to implement.

ThaGuy

I will find this game a big kick in the nuts if Fulgore isn't a playable character. Mind you, I haven't been keeping tabs on this game so if im wrong please correct me.

I will find this game a big kick in the nuts if Fulgore isn't a playable character. Mind you, I haven't been keeping tabs on this game so if im wrong please correct me.

Fulgore isn't available at launch. Two more characters are coming, and will be available before March 2014. The current roster is:

Jago
Sabrewulf
Glacius
Thunder
Sadira
Orchid

There is also season 2 with 8 more characters coming Fall next year

ThaGuy

Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like my x1 purchase will definitely wait until next year. This, Halo, and maybe titanfall was my choices of when to buy an xbox. Looks like all my games will release next year.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So anyone got an idea on when we will get the Orchid reveal?

Thunder was shown around August 16th.
Sadira was shown around Sept 24th.
Ken Lobb made a comment last stream about "Maybe Oct. 25th" in conversation.

Most seem to be thinking closer to the 25th, than the 15th.

I wonder if Orchid would show up with the premiere of accessories? The next 2 characters aren't going to be there on release, so they could hold off on teasing them until closer till release.

Orchid should be shown this week because outside of NYCC I can't think of any other event for them to actually show off the game. Plus they said in the last stream the want the orchid Sadira build to be in the xbox tour soon so they have to do that within the next two weeks.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like my x1 purchase will definitely wait until next year. This, Halo, and maybe titanfall was my choices of when to buy an xbox. Looks like all my games will release next year.

Same. This game looks incredible. I'm amazed at the graphics and the animation. Fantastic stuff.

Fulgore's availability may well get me to buy an Xbox One.

Fulgore isn't available at launch. Two more characters are coming, and will be available before March 2014. The current roster is:

Jago
Sabrewulf
Glacius
Thunder
Sadira
Orchid

There is also season 2 with 8 more characters coming Fall next year

I don't think they ever said Season 2 has 8 characters

FTF

Will this game be at NYCC?

I sure hope so, I'll be there this weekend. Would love to see both X1 and PS4 in person finally- though Sony usually doesn't have much at NYCC right? Haven't been able to make it there the past year or so.

Timu

Orchid should be shown this week because outside of NYCC I can't think of any other event for them to actually show off the game. Plus they said in the last stream the want the orchid Sadira build to be in the xbox tour soon so they have to do that within the next two weeks.
Agreed with this.

Jarlaxle

I have to agree that Orchid should be coming sooner than later. I would not be surprised to see her tomorrow during the stream.

There are only 6 more weeks of streams so even if they show Orchid tomorrow, they still have a bunch of other stuff they need to show off and can show on other weeks.

They still need to show Shadow Jago, alternate costumes, accessories, the modes of play, and characters 7 & 8. I have to imagine character 8 (Probably Fulgore) would be shown around 11/14 while character 7 would be shown 11/07 or earlier.

Either way, should still be a pretty exciting last couple of weeks.

hwalker84

I have to agree that Orchid should be coming sooner than later. I would not be surprised to see her tomorrow during the stream.

There are only 6 more weeks of streams so even if they show Orchid tomorrow, they still have a bunch of other stuff they need to show off and can show on other weeks.

They still need to show Shadow Jago, alternate costumes, accessories, the modes of play, and characters 7 & 8. I have to imagine character 8 (Probably Fulgore) would be shown around 11/14 while character 7 would be shown 11/07 or earlier.

Have they said we'll even know who the 7th and 8th are before launch?

Logash

Have they said we'll even know who the 7th and 8th are before launch?

Yeah, they said in the stream that they wouldn't sell you something without you knowing what you will get. They said we will know who the last two characters are before launch.

hwalker84

Edit: Damn double post.

shandy706

Sadira 85 Hit Double Ultra by Max (or from Max...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95AGf060OSA

That music :-O

woah.gif

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

I wouldn't expect to see Orchid in tomorrow's stream. I think we'll get a reveal video no earlier than this weekend during NYCC. Then maybe we'll get a full breakdown in next week's stream. Who knows though. We might get lucky.

hwalker84

Edit: Triple post. Damn neogaf server crashes.

This a great video showing off the current characters' ultra enders but I can't help but feel that Glacius is the only one that has a really powerful ender. I love the throwback to Sabrewulf's flip kick, but it doesn't look like it packs much of a punch even though the opponent goes flying. I know its purpose but, save for Glacius, they don't look that flashy. Then again, maybe they're not supposed to be.

derFeef

This a great video showing off the current characters' ultra enders but I can't help but feel that Glacius is the only one that has a really powerful ender. I love the throwback to Sabrewulf's flip kick, but it doesn't look like it packs much of a punch even though the opponent goes flying. I know its purpose but, save for Glacius, they don't look that flashy. Then again, maybe they're not supposed to be.

I agree, Glacius one is like "aaaaaand BOOM!" The other ones just feel like cuts in the middle of the animation. Some wind up to them would be much better.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing them get flashier. Thunder's could hit and have multiple lighting strikes (Or, y'know, PHOENIX), Sadira's could wrap you in the spiders she has on her stage, before kicking you away, Saberwulf's could have some of that energy his normal attacks have on them...

But that's all stuff that could be patched up fairly easily. I like the general idea of them, And the fact they're all pretty unique. I think adding more dynamic blood to them (such as a tiny trail as Jago's nd Sadira's knock you across the screen, and maybe a more obvious spurt on hit impact) would also help sell them a bit more.

Well, that's one less thing to be highlighted on stream tomorrow!

Agreed. Other than Glacius's, they all lack some punch. Like Thunder's ender would be better if it had multiple lightning strikes. Maybe if they slowed the final action down a bit and /or did some dramatic camera angles or movement. Nothing too fancy, just maybe like zooming in a bit on Thunder's face as he puts the rage in to that last hit with lightning blasting around him or tilting the camera low and up on Glacius's to emphasize how huge that ice spike is and how high the opponent is being knocked up.

Agreed. Other than Glacius's, they all lack some punch. Like Thunder's ender would be better if it had multiple lightning strikes. Maybe if they slowed the final action down a bit and /or did some dramatic camera angles or movement. Nothing too fancy, just maybe like zooming in a bit on Thunder's face as he puts the rage in to that last hit with lightning blasting around him or tilting the camera low and up on Glacius's to emphasize how huge that ice spike is and how high the opponent is being knocked up.

Great description, 100% agree. They do look cool, but they're missing that MMPH!

Glacius does have the best one.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
When is tomorrow's stream scheduled? I always miss it.

Last weeks have been around 4~5 pm EST. Last week, they told us KI Streaming would start at 2pm.. only to appear with Ascend streaming instead, which lasted for 2 hours or so? And then after an hour break, finally KI!

So no matter what PlayXBLA says... you can't trust them until it's finally ON, lol. Best way to know if to follow their Twitch page, as it'll actually email you with a message when they go live for streaming.

Logash

Last weeks have been around 4~5 pm EST. Last week, they told us KI Streaming would start at 2pm.. only to appear with Ascend streaming instead, which lasted for 2 hours or so? And then after an hour break, finally KI!

So no matter what PlayXBLA says... you can't trust them until it's finally ON, lol. Best way to know if to follow their Twitch page, as it'll actually email you with a message when they go live for streaming.

That's perfect! I had no idea about email notifications. Thanks.

Top Bottom