• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

Doukou

Yeah Isahmel, interesting none the less, makes me feel like it's more Atlas pluggy, just a guess though.
Also is this the first time the characters name has been linked to an employee.

HAHAHAHA

No.

Edit: I fully expect this to be a somewhat polarizing theme, because while it's great it's very... off-kilter... from the other themes this season.

"Off-kilter", eh?

Very interesting. While most of the soundtrack to KI is hard rock, it is nice to hear the themes which break the mold. Themes like Sabrewulf's, TJ Combo's, and ARIA's come to mind. I'll be eager to hear what Celldweller and Atlas Plug are brewing up for our vampire lady.

Ishmae1

Well, the nature of composing and creating always varies by individual. It'll always be different from composer to composer.

Also is this the first time the characters name has been linked to an employee.
Unsure what you mean here? Mira? Because that's whom I speak of.

Dinjoralo

I have no comment on the music, since I've only started playing with season 3. Ya know, windows 10 version.

Say, have there been any input lag tests on W10 KI? I remember looking that up for SFV and being surprised with how much lag there was. KI defietly feels less laggy, at least.

Unsure what you mean here? Mira? Because that's whom I speak of.

I think he's pointing out how Mira's name hasn't been officially revealed yet, I don't think. We just know it because of that guy who randomly leaked a bunch of stuff in the season 2 thread.

Dr. Buni

Say, have there been any input lag tests on W10 KI? I remember looking that up for SFV and being surprised with how much lag there was. KI defietly feels less laggy, at least.
Haven't noticed lag or input lag at all so far. I had previous experience with the ggpo netcode on Fightcade and Skullgirls, so I was already expecting it to be good, but still, I can't help but be surprised by how good it is, especially after playing Mortal Kombat X's atrocious online.

BHK3

Banned
servers down?

dc838262d7.jpg

Dinjoralo

Haven't noticed lag or input lag at all so far. I had previous experience with the ggpo netcode on Fightcade and Skullgirls, so I was already expecting it to be good, but still, I can't help but be surprised by how good it is, especially after playing Mortal Kombat X's atrocious online.
I'm talking about input lag in general, not lag from netcode.

Gimme that Mira. I hope she's an asshole, superiority complex vampire and not a lame sexy one.

Her theme being divisive has me a bit concerned though. I was expecting Sabrewulf/Hisako spookiness. Not sure how something like that could rub people the wrong way. Really interested in hearing it though

ScOULaris

HAHAHAHA

No.

Edit: I fully expect this to be a somewhat polarizing theme, because while it's great it's very... off-kilter... from the other themes this season.
How do you feel about themes like that of Rash and presumably Mira going largely unheard by most people since they don't have a stage attached to them?

I fully understand why every character isn't getting their own stage this season, given the resources required to craft a stage and all of the new content that the team is stuffing into the game. I'm just curious as to what you and the devs think about some of the new character themes ending up hidden for the most part.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay so after a great deal of pointless shenanigans I have learned that when they say all costumes, accessories, and colors for the ultra bundle, they really mean all the alternative costumes, and then all the accessories and colors for said costumes. You still have to unlock the accessories and colors for the default costumes by leveling or KIG. So you pay for "everything" that is exclusively tied to real money, and still have to unlock half the stuff in the game the same way everyone else does. I suppose the 18k KIG helps for the Season 3 bundle, but that is a limited-time offer and that sort of thing was not with my Season 1&2 "complete" pack.

I dunno, personally I just think the reason you either pay a ridiculous amount up front or wait a year to get one of these complete bundles is because you don't want to mess with the whole F2P earn-your-way/microtransaction farming bullshit. You either pay out of it up front or wait it out. For there to still be half the stuff you're forced into the system for still... that's dumb. Then making it utterly vague as to what is unlocked and what options you'll have if you do/don't get the bundle so people have to rely on asking those who got the different ones, that's far worse. A person should at least have the information to clearly understand the actual proposition that is on the table.

.la1n

How do you feel about themes like that of Rash and presumably Mira going largely unheard by most people since they don't have a stage attached to them?

I fully understand why every character isn't getting their own stage this season, given the resources required to craft a stage and all of the new content that the team is stuffing into the game. I'm just curious as to what you and the devs think about some of the new character themes ending up hidden for the most part.

I'm still waiting on an announcement of all the content being stuffed in that took the place of additional stages. So far I haven't seen anything that we didn't get in a similar form during the previous two seasons. Also, as nice as the lighting looks it doesn't look so good that it should have received such a large amount of supposed resources for it.

I'm still waiting on an announcement of all the content being stuffed in that took the place of additional stages. So far I haven't seen anything that we didn't get in a similar form during the previous two seasons. Also, as nice as the lighting looks it doesn't look so good that it should have received such a large amount of supposed resources for it.

I'm guessing shadow lords is the content, unless they have more stuff they haven't announced yet

ScOULaris

Well, a total of 6-8 new characters, updating the lighting engine and re-lighting every stage and character in the game, Shadow Lords mode and some other new multiplayer mode that ties into it. That's all pretty substantial, especially considering that Shadow Lords is shaping up to be more than just a straightforward story mode. I can't wait until we find out more about it.

That being said, I would've loved for them to have been able to maintain the trend of each character having their own stage. It's one of many things that helped KI stand apart from other modern games in the genre.

vg260

That being said, I would've loved for them to have been able to maintain the trend of each character having their own stage. It's one of many things that helped KI stand apart from other modern games in the genre.

Exactly. It's so rare now and very much part of KI's identity. I'm very skeptical about this being a good trade-off. I don't really like the sound of Shadow Lords which has some element of crafting and using KI Gold to speed up whatever process is involved. I hope this chunk of pre-order gold isn't just going to be used for consumables, which I fear it does if they give us $40 worth. That's a lot, so it sounds like a money sink. I have no interest in an RPG mode if it's anything like those mobile phone games.

I don't think anyone would have complained about lack of modes if they kept to the same model that people like.

I don't think I've beaten a single riptor. I have absolutely no idea what to do. It's like the entire screen is a hitbox.

My advice would be to play as her for a little bit. I had absolutely no freaking clue what to do against Riptor and Wulf but after playing as them for about an hour a general strategy started to emerge.

As a Riptor player I would totally agree with the poor wake-up options. I've lost some really stupid matches due to not knowing what to do when pressured on knock down :(

Fraeon

So, um, this game is really crashy. I'm getting thrown back to the desktop like once every 45 minutes. It wouldn't be that bad but the whole "checking for downloaded content" takes half an age to finish. It really puts the damper of an otherwise enjoyable game. I haven't bought anything yet so far but shotoing with Jago is already plenty entertaining.

I do hope the quality of play is better in higher ranks. Bronze rank has people who have obviously played a lot (some are level 50) that are just jumping around back and forward and pressing hard kick, hardly doing any combos.

I do hope the quality of play is better in higher ranks. Bronze rank has people who have obviously played a lot (some are level 50) that are just jumping around back and forward and pressing hard kick, hardly doing any combos.
The ranks as of right now are a complete gamble. I've played against a straight up godlike Omen who I barely even got a single hit on in one match and a guy just spamming DP and jumping HP the next. People will hopefully settle where they belong soon enough.

.la1n

You do realize you can hit character level 50 for every character as well as player level 50 and still not use fundamentals used for multiplayer? I don't understand why people keep looking at those numbers as some beacon for high level competition. Stop.

Zafir

The matchmaking itself is rather a gamble as well.

I'm a new lowbie bronze and have been put against mostly silvers. Outside of that I got put against a few bronzes and a gold.

Dr. Buni

You do realize you can hit character level 50 for every character as well as player level 50 and still not use fundamentals used for multiplayer? I don't understand why people keep looking at those numbers as some beacon for high level competition. Stop.
Every single player who stomped me was a Lv. 50, so no I am not going to stop. Or better, I will stop when I get to the level I can have balanced matches against them.

Fraeon

It does mean they've played a lot. So as someone who'd be pissed if I didn't know what was killing me, it's surprising to see so many people playing a lot and not even caring they're losing.

At least that's what I gather.

zoodoo

Tired of getting wrecked by Rash so now I am playing him too. Surprised how many things he can get away with. You can basically keep attacking and if something hits, just follow with a combo. I thought good sabrewulf players were annoying as rush players but Rash is way worse cause he does not get punished easily.

IG will probably nerf him down the line
edit: the wrecking ball being a safe move is just insane

BHK3

Banned
The matchmaking itself is rather a gamble as well.

I'm a new lowbie bronze and have been put against mostly silvers. Outside of that I got put against a few bronzes and a gold.

When I first entered Silver I was being put against the best players I've ever faced, as I rose in silver it got progressively easier.

I wonder how much harder Gold is though, I definitely feel like I don't belong here lol.

I don't know how to counter break or shadow break so seeing the master tag on my name now is quite funny.

So far my worst matchups are Shadow Jago(this dude is 100% broken and very very unfun to play against, through and through) Sadira, Cinder, Rash and Aganos. I used to hate Tusk but I'm playing better against him now, though his damage output is dumb high and combo readability is still hard for me. Basically any character that acts like ibuki,akuma or seth from SF is what kills me, I loathed vortex nonsense in that and it seems like some of it is in here as well. Kim Wu's my favourite to fight against, so honest, so simple.

edit: the wrecking ball being a safe move is just insane

Don't forget armour as well!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I am in the same boat BHK

When I got to silver I was getting BODIED. I posted my record at first but i was like 14-36 at some point in the league. I kind of found my feet and tore up through the ranks. I feel that I definitely got better as I actually have a couple set ups now, worked the counter breakers into my game (something i never did with my Killer rank Thunder) and got better at fighting a few of the season 2 characters.

Zafir

Well my problem is I don't even have any fundamentals since I've never bothered playing a 2d fighter online before. :p

I dunno I guess I have improved slowly over the past week or so, but still a long way to go.

Warxard

Banned
Getting my ass handed to me in Silver. I also don't understand Hisako's combos, this is basically me trying to break one of them:

I-Have-No-Idea-What-Im-Doing-Dog-02.jpg

Don't break Linkers. Look at the second hit of each auto double to determine which one it is. bait out her counters often.

Remember that her command grab is invulnerable so it saves her from wake up attempts

Please for the love of god let the X1 stick patch be this month. Playing as Tusk without being able to reliably DP is hell and I'm too lazy to switch out my HDMI cable to my monitor every time I want to play.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked before. Ever since Season 1, I've only wanted to play Maya. If I buy her, and just her, (no season Pass or anything), how limited my progression will be? Will I be able to spend the points I earn on accessories, earn Achievements and stuff? Or do I need to purchase a whole Season to be able to cash in my rewards?

Warxard

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked before. Ever since Season 1, I've only wanted to play Maya. If I buy her, and just her, (no season Pass or anything), how limited my progression will be? Will I be able to spend the points I earn on accessories, earn Achievements and stuff? Or do I need to purchase a whole Season to be able to cash in my rewards?

Yeah you should be fine, you can still unlock Maya's related unlocks.

DedValve

Banned

You have full acces to the game for free. But you only play 1 character at a time.

If you buy a character you will have full access to all modes for free, the purchased characters and that 1 free rotational character.

I think the only thing you can't get are accessories or colors for characters you don't purchase (which makes sense as the only way to unlock them is to actually play them a ton).

So yes if you buy Maya you'll have everything Maya related. And all modes are always free.

Also my man, Maya is beast.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Yeah you should be fine, you can still unlock Maya's related unlocks.

You have full acces to the game for free. But you only play 1 character at a time.

If you buy a character you will have full access to all modes for free, the purchased characters and that 1 free rotational character.

I think the only thing you can't get are accessories or colors for characters you don't purchase (which makes sense as the only way to unlock them is to actually play them a ton).

So yes if you buy Maya you'll have everything Maya related. And all modes are always free.

Also my man, Maya is beast.

Thanks! So Maya it is.

... I only wish her theme on the OST was as good as her stage music :(

Top Bottom