• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead (Grasshopper, 360/PS3) screens

Zekes!

I passed on Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw, but I'm definitely going to pick this up. Really does look like the initial trailer for No More Heroes

oh god yes oh god yes oh god YES

I passed on Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw, but I'm definitely going to pick this up. Really does look like the initial trailer for No More Heroes

Shadow of the Damned is fantastic. lolipop chainsaw didn't click with me though. Choppy combat and too... over the top/sexualize even for a parody

JDSN

Banned
Im glad to see Suda at the helm, I hope the publisher is WB again, seeing as it did wonders to Chainsaw Lolipop and it could eventually lead to a WiiU version.

Arklite

AU2Qh_zps9d4858a7.gif

All over this

Hiltz

Is this a spiritual sequel to Killer 7, or a new game?

Killer is Dead is an original IP. It has nothing to do with Killer7. The game looks cool, but hopefully Grasshopper Manufacture has more going for it than just nailing the audio and visual side of development.

Any chance of this coming to PC, Wii U or Vita?

Well, we know Suda 51 didn't have a Wii U dev kit as of April 2012. However, he's teased us about bringing No More Heroes 3 for it eventually. Grasshopper's had a lot of games released these last couple of years so hopefully he has cleaned off his plate and ready to focus on new projects that include other platforms.

Killer is Dead is an original IP. It has nothing to do with Killer7. The game looks cool, but hopefully Grasshopper Manufacture has more going for it than just nailing the audio and visual side of development.

isn't that the same ip though,the same name and guy from the other game.

Nibel

Art style is amazing, any info about this game? what platforms? what kind of game it is? genre?

Anything?

Story

Only a short time in the future, where we travel to the moon and remodel our bodies, one day main character Mondo Zappa receives a notification of employment from the secret state agency called “The Execution Office.” Here, he is tasked with executing assassins around the world.

Gameplay

The battle basics are primarily close proximity attacks with swords. Weapons unfold in acrobatic movements.

In addition, the main character’s left arm has been modified and can change from a drill to a gun, etc. It can be upgraded as you progress. Mondo lost his memory of modifying his left arm.

By absorbing your enemy’s blood, you can utilize a powerful attack called “Adrenalin Burst.” A large quantity of blood gushes when you decapitate your enemies.

There is a component where you can transform people into dark matter, too. The Adrenalin Burst move seems to change the dark matter included in the blood into energy.

Setting

The moon appears in various images.

Stages are set in various places around the world, including old Western style buildings and an alleyway with Japanese style homes.

Characters

Mondo Zappa: 35-years-old, born in America, the main character. He is the man with the black suit and glasses which appeared in the first public artworks of the game. He regards executing as his job and carries out his work without fear. He is a man of taste and likes to seduce women. His favorite food is half-boiled egg.

Vivian Squall: 25-years-old, born in England, a member of Brian’s execution office, and the younger boss of Mondo. She is a young blond woman who wears a tight, sleeveless outfit. She is usually calm, but can lose her composure when it comes to private topics.

Mika Takekawa: 20-years-old, born in Japan, and Mondo’s assistant. She met Mondo at a certain event, and because she is good at making half-boiled eggs, the two get along and live with each other. She’s a natural airhead.

Victor: A criminal who steals talent from musician jubilees, which play songs of manipulated human emotion. He releases sounds of evil intent from a huge tower, so that he can fill the world with malice. He usually appears like skin and bones, but he’s very robotic when he transforms.

Brian Roses: 65-years-old, born in America, and chief of the execution office. He carries pride in his work, but is indifferent towards his management. He was the best executioner, having had his flesh turned into a cyborg once, but he’s retired now.

Killer is Dead is due for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this summer.

Source (Gematsu)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Art style is amazing, any info about this game? what platforms? what kind of game it is? genre?

Anything?

Famitsu published the first concrete details about Killer is Dead in its latest issue. We have the information below,

- Features a unique shaded graphical style
- Upgraded visuals from No More Heroes
- Takes place in a near-future
- Lunar tourism and cyber-enhancements have become commonplace
- Mondo Zappa takes the starring role
- Mondo is a 35-year-old man who suddenly receives a job offer from the Brian Execution Firm
- Brian Execution Firm: undercover national organization run by the half-cyborg Brian Roses
- The group sends Mondo around the world in order to execute a variety of assassins, from cunningly evil geniuses to people who seem to actually seek out death at Mondo’s hands
- Plot may sound a bit similar to No More Heroes
- Mondo has no experience with executing
- Mondo can use two weapons: a sword in his right hand for close-quarters combat, and a weapon embedded in his left arm Mega Man-style that can be converted into guns, drills, and other objects as you go through the game
- Embedded weapon can absorb blood from enemies
- Unleash an “Adrenalin Burst” sword strike to one-hit kill foes
- Releasing this summer in Japan
- More details in an interview with Famitsu next week

Head past the break for commentary from Grasshopper boss Goichi Suda.

“Development has already been ongoing for an extended period of time. It’s the first game in the ‘assassin’ series that Grasshopper Manufacture has worked on in a while, a title that picks up where Killer7 and No More Heroes left off.”

“It’s not trying to regress into the past. We’re trying to make a game that we’d only be able to make right now, at this point in time. The result is seen in our unique high-contrast shading seen in the graphics, as well as the high speed wrestling-like action.”

“It’s the story of a man who doesn’t show himself much in the public world, but still worms his way into society and mercilessly eliminates the evil dispersed in it. It’s a personal story, not one that’s conscious of the chaos going on in the real world at the moment, but you might get more than a taste of that in the end anyway.

Source? i can't, it has scans on it.

Okay, I like the look of what i'm seeing here.

Shadow of the Damned is fantastic. lolipop chainsaw didn't click with me though. Choppy combat and too... over the top/sexualize even for a parody

I would agree with most of this, though my beef with LC is entirely down to its gameplay, well it's humour didn't seem too strong either.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck, killing assassins, sword fighting, a motorcycle, a hot blonde, No More Heroes 3 finally!

Beckx

Man, I love the look of those.

Though I am wondering what Eva is doing in this game. Metal Gear crossover confirmed!

Top Bottom