• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead PC specs/requirements (Releasing May 23rd)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Seriously? FUCKING SERIOUSLY? I literally just bought a PS3 copy for $20 a few hours ago.

Mad salty right now. Oh well at least it came with the artbook and soundtrack.

Why would they release this just a few days before Watch Dogs?

They aren't competing for the same audience, also not expecting megaton sales. This didn't do that well on the consoles either.

More importantly, Dynasty Warriors 8 XL CE also releases on Steam the very same day lol. A rather costly day for me.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
They announced this PC release months ago.
I'm not a very smart man.

Oh well, I'm sure it performs well enough on PS3. Not expecting Crysis 3 or Metro Last Light levels of disparity between consoles and PCs.

I'm not a very smart man.

Oh well, I'm sure it performs well enough on PS3. Not expecting Crysis 3 or Metro Last Light levels of disparity between consoles and PCs.
The console versions of this are kinda rough. It has like 100% screen tearing during gameplay. Its kind of a technical disaster zone honestly, I was glad to hear a PC ver is getting put out.

The game that needs a PC ver the most is still Dragon's Dogma though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Is the DX11 stuff BS?

The game started out on PS3/360 which were Directx 9 equivalents. I don't get what they hope to achieve beyond that unless it uses DX11 for performance boosts (i.e anti-aliasing).

It's 2014, upgrade from Windows XP already.

Astarte

No one has!
none of them have been by Suda

But yeah, this is easily the best post-Suda GHM game I've played.

This endless cycle of tears, every time in every thread.

Buying to support Grasshopper studios
and misogyny hurr hurr

Gbraga

Why would they release this just a few days before Watch Dogs?

Eh, I don't think it's the same crowd. I have the game on PS3 and I'd rather double dip on PC than get Watch Dogs. Even if it was also $20.

They aren't competing for the same audience, also not expecting megaton sales. This didn't do that well on the consoles either.

More importantly, Dynasty Warriors 8 XL CE also releases on Steam the very same day lol. A rather costly day for me.

Ok, that hurts >_>

Bronetta

The console versions of this are kinda rough. It has like 100% screen tearing during gameplay. Its kind of a technical disaster zone honestly, I was glad to hear a PC ver is getting put out.

The game that needs a PC ver the most is still Dragon's Dogma though.

Goddamn. Guess I'll double dip during a steam sale if I really like it.

Agree on Dragons Dogma. I couldn't take the garbage framerate after a few hours and ended up quitting.

JordanN

Banned
It's 2014, upgrade from Windows XP already.
Oh don't worry, I already have.

I just find it very strange to label something DX11, if nothing in the game resembles it.

Like imagine if a PS1 game got ported to PC tomorrow and the specs says "Pixel and Vertex shaders required".

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Oh don't worry, I already have.

I just find it very strange to label something DX11, if nothing in the game resembles it.

Like imagine if a PS1 game got ported to PC tomorrow and the specs says "Pixel and Vertex shaders required".
Pretty sure UE3 has an optimized DX11 path now. It's just easier to support the game when there are less configurations to worry about.

Top Bottom