• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 is selling like crazy, 50,000 concurrent players expected by tomorrow

Email was sent out by Tripwire Interactive recently:

Sorry everyone, let me try this again, without accidentially hitting send in the middle of the e-mail :)

So the good news is Killing Floor 2 is selling like crazy, and bumped GTAIV off the Steam top sellers in about 15 minutes. The bad news is, 17,000 people are trying to play KF2 right now (and it's going up a couple thousand every few minutes) and we've got enough servers up to handle about 7,000 players. Success is a good problem to have, but wow this really blew away our expectations.

As such we're in dire needs of LOTS of servers up. Right now there are enough servers to handle about 5,000 players, and we have over 16,000 people playing right now. Within the next few hours we'll likely pass 25,000, and by tomorrow we could be at 50,000 players.

Can you all get servers up to help us meet this initial peak? The game is selling like crazy, but we're really in serious need of servers as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone!
John Gibson President Tripwire Interactive

Source of email: http://np.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/33egt7/killing_floor_2_is_expected_to_have_25k_to_50k/

Zoned

Actively hates charity
That's what a good FPS is supposed to be unlike cashgrabs like COD.
FPS genre is too competitive now on PC. 60$ yearly title will see dust.

Nokterian

I am very happy for tripwire. Even with the struggle i got to play a few matches..even before it went live it's so damn polished all ready for a early access it is done right and hella fun worth every penny. The thirst is real!

Heh+killing+floor+references+_a79d24af55c977dc46d54bf148b6785d.jpg

Jesus, that demand. Wondering if I should hold off and see how things go tomorrow. Don't wanna buy and not be able to get into a game :/

I've played two games online no problem. Probably a different story if you try and play on the official servers though.

Congrats to Tripwire, glad to see their diligence in making a great product paid off.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'll wait til they sort it out to dive in but I'm happy for Tripwire. Killing Floor was shockingly good to me and I liked it much better than l4d.

ElTopo

Banned
Can't players host their own servers? Or is that not possible in the Beta?

Is the game that different from the 1st? I liked it, but I found it pretty repetitive. I also hate it that you can't pass through dudes, so it lead to trolling in certain levels where a troll would block the entrance into the shop.

Those waiting for a console version, if you have a old PC it could run fine for you. Min specs on steam page are very forgiving.

Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz or Phenom II X2 545
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTS 250 or Radeon HD 4830

Game runs perfect a 60fps with max settings @ 1080p on my machine. i5 3570k, GeForce 780.

Nzyme32

#Dosh

I'll probably have to keep waiting since I'm poor, but without a doubt it is one of those games that even in early access seems destined to be big. KF was amazing and things are looking great so far

Nokterian

#Dosh

I'll probably have to keep waiting since I'm poor, but without a doubt it is one of those games that even in early access seems destined to be big. KF was amazing and things are looking great so far

There M.E.A.T system is fucking amazing all the head and popping body parts flying away is wonderful thing to see also in zed time. And the blood and gore will stay everywhere during the duration of the match. The atmosphere when you're in a dark tunnel and putting on your flashlight works really well and game looks beautiful.

I've played two games online no problem. Probably a different story if you try and play on the official servers though.

Congrats to Tripwire, glad to see their diligence in making a great product paid off.

I'm optimistic but still a bit wary, will keep an eye out in the OT tomorrow and see how things are running. Its been too damn long since there's been a decent dismemberment system in a game. Very excited.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
They given any date for PS4 version?

Don't think so, specially since it just entered Early Access. And PC players would feel pretty betrayed by such an early announcement. It'll come most likely after the official release on PC.

Nordicus

Getting to over 3 million sales of Killing Floor 1 paid off, even if most of those copies were bought for 5 bucks or less (heck, a lot were given for free).

Dunno if I'll wait for Demolitions perk before biting myself. It was my main in the first game

Is Killing Floor 1 still worth playing or is it tumbleweeds now that the sequel is out? I have it in my Steam backlog along with some DLC but haven't even played it yet (got it ultra cheap a while back). How does it compare to L4D? I was/am a L4D fanatic (probably have, oh, I dunno...200+ hours on X360)....

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Its not like L4D. Its like a much more complex and interesting survival mode but even thats selling it short.

The only similarities between L4D and KF:
- Co-op
- You kill humanoid monsters

They're really different. I personally find KF much more replayable.

what's so great about the game?

The best gunplay in any FPS
Strong co-operative element (lone wolves wont survive)
Wildly differing classes (blades/shotguns/explosives/pistol experts etc etc)
Hard as nails on higher difficulties
Large array of enemy types
Amazing developer support
Even better modder support for new maps/modes etc

KF is the kind of game some people will pick up and play for 5 minutes and go "ugh" cause theyre put off by all the classes and think its too hard, and other people will pick up and pour hundreds of hours into levelling every class and trying to beat every map on Hell on Earth difficulty

daniels

The best gunplay in any FPS
Strong co-operative element (lone wolves wont survive)
Wildly differing classes (blades/shotguns/explosives/pistol experts etc etc)
Hard as nails on higher difficulties
Large array of enemy types
Amazing developer support
Even better modder support for new maps/modes etc

The last fps i really had fun with was shadow warrior :) i guess this game is even more gory.
That sounds awesome but can you play this solo?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I simply don't have time to buy it and try the game but I'm really happy with the response it gets. Very fond memories of the original. And the Doom-like boxart is glorious.

Don't think so, specially since it just entered Early Access. And PC players would feel pretty betrayed by such an early announcement. It'll come most likely after the official release on PC.

Comments like this make no sense? Certain players feeling betrayed over an announcement on another console when you can already play it on your system? I must be crazy but I would love for more people to play this game on PS4 or PC.

Is Killing Floor 1 still worth playing or is it tumbleweeds now that the sequel is out? I have it in my Steam backlog along with some DLC but haven't even played it yet (got it ultra cheap a while back). How does it compare to L4D? I was/am a L4D fanatic (probably have, oh, I dunno...200+ hours on X360)....

I haven't checked but I'm sure you could still get into KF1 games. KF2 is almost base complete but content light. It runs great, few bugs, but its only got 4 of 10 classes, 3 maps, and missing entire categories of weapons. I have no doubt people will be playing KF1 in good numbers at least till EA is over for KF2 just because of the sheer amount of content that exists.

jesse1996

Neo Member
going to hold off on the steam version, my laptop is the only source for playing PC games and it doesn't do it, will pick up the PS4 version day 1 though.

Top Bottom