• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 - new screens

Moofers

LOL @ the few Negative Nancy's in here. Obviously you nerds haven't played the original or you'd be excited with the rest of us. I've been playing the original via Steam for like what, 5 years now? The events and support for it have been incredible. Tripwire really thanked the shit out of us for playing their game.

I do wonder whats the deal with all the black and white shots though? I know there's some color in those pics, but is that like an adrenaline shot or near death or something? I wouldn't want to see it lose the look the original had because it spends too much time in black and white.

I'm so happy this is coming to PS4. My PC just wouldn't be strong enough to run this thing, I'm sure. I will be there day one for this. Do we have any release date placeholders yet?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
LOL @ the few Negative Nancy's in here. Obviously you nerds haven't played the original or you'd be excited with the rest of us. I've been playing the original via Steam for like what, 5 years now? The events and support for it have been incredible. Tripwire really thanked the shit out of us for playing their game.

I do wonder whats the deal with all the black and white shots though? I know there's some color in those pics, but is that like an adrenaline shot or near death or something? I wouldn't want to see it lose the look the original had because it spends too much time in black and white.

I'm so happy this is coming to PS4. My PC just wouldn't be strong enough to run this thing, I'm sure. I will be there day one for this. Do we have any release date placeholders yet?
The flushed out color look that looks black, white, and red is the new Zed Time effect.

Tripwire confirmed you can mod everything in this game and remove the effect, make it rainbow, or whatever you want, though, but it's the base in-game effect.

(For those who don't know what Zed Time is, it's a mechanic in Killing Floor 1 where time slows down for a few seconds, can also be charged up and activated by one of the classes).

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The flushed out color look that looks black, white, and red is the new Zed Time effect.

Tripwire confirmed you can mod everything in this game and remove the effect, make it rainbow, or whatever you want, though, but it's the base in-game effect.

Wow rainbow Zed Time sounds stellar yes please.

Kinthalis

Banned
PC features some cool graphics stuff from Nvidia, right?

Looking forward to that and more crazy multi-player!

Give me 60 FPS 1440p or give me... well a console I guess..

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
PC features some cool graphics stuff from Nvidia, right?

Looking forward to that and more crazy multi-player!

Give me 60 FPS 1440p or give me... well a console I guess..

Fun fact, Killing Floor 2 and all of its animations are actually rendered at 240fps, according to the devs. This is to make Zed Time (speaking of which) look awesome.

watchdog

I put in quite a few hours into the first one so I'm looking forward to the sequel. However, I'm kinda disappointed that the creature designs are pretty much the same. Overall, however, it looks good.

Been looking forward to this. Especially since some friends got into it with the recent Steam sale.

Tripwire, shut up and take my dosh already.

nowarning

Looks great, this is one game I'm really looking forward to.

I'm sure Tripwire said somewhere that the game is coming to early access early 2015.

Moofers

Aw man that sounds killer. I want it in rainbow! I mean seriously, just to see it!

WMx5PiN.gif

Druz

Going to be so damn fun.
edit: for those who haven't played this game. The guns are the most satisfying-to-shoot weapons I've used in a video game. But you're using a controller so I don't know if any satisfaction translates.

Moofers

Going to be so damn fun.
edit: for those who haven't played this game. The guns are the most satisfying-to-shoot weapons I've used in a video game. But you're using a controller so I don't know if any satisfaction translates.

Seriously, the shooting is awesomely satisfying. Nailing headshots on Clots is only equaled in headshotting Grunts in Halo. Pulling off like 4 or 5 in a row is the kind of "feel good" thing that keeps you coming back to Killing Floor for years.

My mate and I are hanging for this game hard! We never played the first one but my take is it is just like Horde mode on Gears of War correct?

Do you have to stay in the same spot and defend or are you moving through the level like Left 4 Dead? It looks awesome btw so I hope it delivers. Monster designs are real freaky as well haha.

I am sooooo starved for a game like Left 4 Dead right now!

Gonna cave and pickup Evolve even though the pre-order crap is quite shady....but I need some co-op stuff badly.

Top Bottom