• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor sold 1 million copies!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
DOSH, GRAB IT WHILE IT'S HOT

The firm also provided some other nice stats as well:

Nearly 2 million Killing Floor DLC packs have been sold.
45 million hours of Killing Floor have been played to date.
440 Million Zeds have been dispatched in Achievements alone – including more than a quarter-million Christmas Santa.
Zeds are being killed at the rate of over 20,000 an hour.
Hundreds of custom maps have been created by the community.

I wish they didn't fuck up RO2. Killing Floor is a pure joy to play. I hope these news hint at the sequel.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/02/14/kil...on-copies-on-pc-players-log-45-million-hours/

EDIT: mods, pleeeeeease, change the title. 1 mirrion copies!

Dug

Banned
7H3fc.jpg

subversus

I play that doom2_V7 map in launchbreak@work. Game is dope

(shh!)

KF is the only modern game where custom maps are actually fun (even those who weren't included in official updates) and there are plenty of them!

edit: I haven't played Reach, so this might be not the only modern game with good custom maps.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's raining money! (sort of beaten, but fuck it)

Anyways, this is well deserved. I'd love to see a KF2 with updated visuals and new maps, weapons and classes.

Game has some legs. I have played it a bit from time to time, but I'm really waiting for that new PC so that I can fiend on it all day with my cousin.

Kudos to the devs.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
If you have Steam installed and don't own Killing Floor you are a horrible person. There I said it.

Prezhulio

really enjoy kf. whenever there's a steam event around it i have a blast playing.

if i didn't have so many other games to try/beat i'd put a much bigger time investment into it.

ZoddGutts

If they make a sequel (They will) hope they add new modes. Like the current one in KF but want something new in the sequel as well. More than one boss as well that require different strategies to take it out. That way they would be some suspense not knowing which boss your team will have to take on, if you don't have the right weapons/items, the boss will be harder to take out.

sgossard

Awesome game in a very basic, visceral, fun way.
It is not a poor man's Left 4 Dead. It's a whole different beast.

Today's sale is the perfect excuse to buy copies for friends.

subversus

If they make a sequel (They will) hope they add new modes. Like the current one in KF but want something new in the sequel as well. More than one boss as well that require different strategies to take it out. That way they would be some suspense not knowing which boss your team will have to take on, if you don't have the right weapons/items, the boss will be harder to take out.

A good idea

Wolfie5

It´s been a while since I played it, but there is one line I still haven´t forgotten and probably will never get it out of my head:

"Money, money, money"

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Impressive, even if 3/4 of those were at like $2.49 or what not. Wasn't it part of an indie bundle as well?

demolitio

Here's to Killing Floor 2!

And I agree about RO2. I was so hyped for that game that I spent a long time working on the OT here but even my love for tactical shooters couldn't prevent me from being disappointed. So buggy and unoptimized and then they had the balls to blame everything and everyone else and then take detail out of the game for EVERYONE instead of fixing the actual problems themselves as if a top of the line PC should struggle with that game, especially since it's not the prettiest game out there.

I'm excited for the mods for RO2 though so my OT will be updated when those mods start releasing.

demolitio

That lever rifle is just plain amazing. almost the only gun I use.

If you dont own this game, BUY IT NOW.

Agreed on both accounts. I'm a headshot machine so that weapon is perfect for me. Usually I have the Crossbow though to 1-hit kill most of the higher level enemies and since it can through one and kill others saving a lot of ammo, lol.

I actually recently switched to berserker just for fun and I've been on a rampage since. I joined 4 rounds late and still ended up with 240 more kills than the next highest person and they weren't doing bad by any means. There's just something so awesome about KF and you feel beastly when you pull off crazy shit as the last one alive.

Mrbob

This game is really fun. I always tell myself I should play more of it. The online co op is amazing.

Good for Tripwire.

Dennis

Banned
Congratulations.

Didn't play the game. Its the kind of game I haven't been able to care about for about 10 years now.

But I am glad to see small budget games can break the million barrier.

And with all the talk of piracy, this is quite impressive.

Also, woohoo! Lana Del Rey!

Giard

Thought about buying this, considering it's at 3 bucks.
I've heard that custom maps don't give out XP anymore? Is this true?

Top Bottom