• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 BETA invites For Europe sent out! (stop begging for keys, you dirty ponces

Dante

Spiegel said:
Posted?

10o4j9h.jpg

28i2ds8.jpg

For the new page

BeeDog

Pistolero said:
That's...incredible...Is the IQ this clean ? What kind of AA did they apply ?

These seem like good downsized off-screen shots (no captures), so don't take them as the truth.

Nizz

Fersis said:
oh daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.
That is amaaaaaaazing!!!!

Im happy to have a BRAVIA :D
Not to derail, but which Bravia do you have? The one that has the "floating glass" design? I f'ing love that tv! If I wasn't so broke right now, I'd be trying to get the 40" one. God, I can just imagine this game in motion, it's gotta look fantastic....

fps fanatic said:
Not to derail, but which Bravia do you have? The one that has the "floating glass" design? I f'ing love that tv! If I wasn't so broke right now, I'd be trying to get the 40" one. God, I can just imagine this game in motion, it's gotta look fantastic....

Not answering on his behalf, but I am playing this beauty on a two weeks old Bravia 46" W4500 - and this game really looks incredible in terms of image quality and effects. My TV's really busy these days :D

Nizz

BruceWayneIII said:
Not answering on his behalf, but I am playing this beauty on a two weeks old Bravia 46" W4500 - and this game really looks incredible in terms of image quality and effects. My TV's really busy these days :D
Nice! Congrats on the tv, too.. ;)

Ploid 3.0

That that wooden object on the second picture isn't casting a shadow. Kittowny, and other people will start stunning people. :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ploid 3.0 said:
That that wooden object on the second picture isn't casting a shadow. Kittowny, and other people will start stunning people. :(
:lol
'that woodenz object doesnt do self shadowignz ,stunnerz Fersis... raaawr !!111'
Just joking , i like that crazy orange cat

Steroyd

Kuroyume said:
Man, I hope there are maps in the game that look like that and take place at night with falling rain or snow.

Didn't Guerilla mention that they were planning on having the Helghast manipulate the climate, like the electric anti aircraft rail gun thing for example.

Would be nice if they had some type of ice beam cannon. :lol

Nafai1123

Banned
Look at those multiplayer vids, this game reminds me a lot of COD4...in all the right ways. :D
The more I see it, the more I'm convinced that Guerrilla has really pulled it off. Naysayers be damned, this will be THE FPS of 2009!

slider

Beta testers, if you're able to share your views on the following that'd be great. No probs if not of course.

Given how super fab great this looks + destructible environments... where the environment isn't as interactive does it jar at all?

I don't wanna be a Dougie Downer but being the naturally cautious and pessimistic type I'm trying to manage my own expectations.

Thanks.

Durante

BeeDog said:
Might I ask where you read this? :D
It's quincunx, not quinix, but otherwise correct. For all technical questions considering KZ2 consult this first:
http://www.guerrilla-games.com/publications/dr_kz2_rsx_dev07.pdf
Awesome presentation, and it explains why the game is so far ahead of all other console titles visually. The specific info you're looking for is on page 18, but all is well worth reading. Personally I wish that effort was expended in a genre I care for, but hey, you can't have everything.

JimiNutz

Banned
Everyone's said it already, but those pictures are fucking amazing!
How long is this Beta running for?
Do you guys think they'll maybe do another open one closer to games release, maybe around January?

Private Hoffman said:
Looks better than Crysis...much better artistic direction. Crysis may be more technically demanding, but it's bloated and unoptemized.

crysis also has incredible artistic direction.... this looks more like a movie, crysis looks more realistic...Im equally impressed with both to be honest...games with good graphics make me happy

mr_nothin

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
crysis also has incredible artistic direction.... this looks more like a movie, crysis looks more realistic...Im equally impressed with both to be honest...games with good graphics make me happy
Crysis, when outside...in the forest
Looks like a REALLY REALLY GOOD videogame.

Killzone looks more like CG with its post-processing based looks.

Now...Crysis (in the zero-g) level and the ice levels....
that's a whole 'nother story.

Private Hoffman said:
Looks better than Crysis...much better artistic direction. Crysis may be more technically demanding, but it's bloated and unoptemized.
Agreed to a certain extend.

It still beats KZ's mud textures though ;)

1b6edd9f4655190511.jpg

Leatherface

Blimblim said:
I just saw some footage of the beta (no, I can't put it online anywhere), and goddamn this game looks amazing. There are still a few small issues, but overall it's *really* incredible looking.

:D

was looking for the BLIM post. I am satisfied. :D

Foil

Looks amazing.

I just hope Killzone 2 has the same amount of environment diversity that the first game had. With this being set on Helghan I'm not sure if we'll get that to the same extent. I want to see this engine do stuff like snow areas, blizzards, thunderstorms, beaches, swamps, fields, forests, etc.

mr_nothin said:
Crysis, when outside...in the forest
Looks like a REALLY REALLY GOOD videogame.

Killzone looks more like CG with its post-processing based looks.

Now...Crysis (in the zero-g) level and the ice levels....
that's a whole 'nother story.

heh, maybe in warhead, but in Crysis, the forest levels, assault, the reckoning, awakening and ascension look much much better than the ice level... the ice level is the least impressive...core, the alien ship looks fantastic as well... best graphics are assault, the reckoning and onslaught (the tank level)....the ice level is not that impressive. I agree though crysis looks more like a videogame/realistic at some points...KZ2 is more movie like... Although the detail in crysis does trump some cg from the ps2 era...the character models are insane

Jeseus

Steroyd said:
Didn't Guerilla mention that they were planning on having the Helghast manipulate the climate, like the electric anti aircraft rail gun thing for example.

Would be nice if they had some type of ice beam cannon. :lol

10o4j9h.jpg

Top Bottom