• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 BETA invites For Europe sent out! (stop begging for keys, you dirty ponces

Does anyone remember when 1up was going on and on about COD4 looking better than this.
I played some multiplayer COD4 last night and its not even in the same league.

Spiegel said:
2qd5wli.jpg

6dsoix.jpg

2s150nr.jpg

osbm3d.jpg

Got to have it for the new page.

Keikoku said:
Yeah, compared by a bunch of fanboys. Crysis eats this.

eh, I think it is comparable on purely visual terms, not on teh overall power of the tech though...Im playing warhead now by the way, on enthusiast... so yeah, opinions biatch

to me its the art plus tech that pushes it up there...in motion it has a very cinematic feel...definitely above what crysis possess...crysis takes the cake though for the micro detail with massive vistas...the textures are also better in crysis. crysis doesnt really posses environments with the cityscape presented here though so it is difficult to compare...none of the modern city scapes found in the mods look that impressive graphically yet...

Pistolero

Did they implement some textures streaming recently, because they look so much
more impressive now...
Killzone II is my "this generation MGS2".

Those shots look really good.

Also, there is only one upcoming game that could trump Crysis and that's Rage, something everyone can get behind. Killzone 2 does look very good and is probably the best looking console game up there with Gears 2, Uncharted, and the rest of the usual crowd.

Linkzg said:

Also, there is only one upcoming game that could trump Crysis and that's Rage, something everyone can get behind. Killzone 2 does look very good and is probably the best looking console game up there with Gears 2, Uncharted, and the rest of the usual crowd.

I think Gears 2 and Uncharted are incredible but again I think KZ2 is the next level for this generation.

Nihilism said:
I don't see what the big deal is with those images. I think they look fine, but they're hardly jaw dropping.

Glasses help

or owning a PS3, I suppose.
People that don't own one tend to downplay graphics like this by saying things like "hardly jaw dropping"

h3ro

2qd5wli.jpg

Seriously? Seriously?!

Can they even add even more polish to this thing? Amazing to think that they now have like four months to finely tune the gameplay and online features... so awesome.

Linkzg said:

I dont agree with this at all.... crysis looks more impressive than what Ive seen of rage, plus, subjectively, I think the art in crysis is much better.... what exactly is rage supposed to have over crysis anyway.... It does have some nice effects in the trailers lacking in crysis...then again its a trailer...the intro to warhead looks superior to the game. The textures in the vids dont look better than crysis either. I like both though, rage is a far more fantastical design, while crysis is realistic

Thing about crysis also is that the ceiling hasnt been reached...the original GDC vid looks better than anything Ive seen of any game so far

h3ro

Nihilism said:
I don't see what the big deal is with those images. I think they look fine, but they're hardly jaw dropping.

Nihilism
(Today, 07:44 PM)
Reply | Quote

nelsonroyale said:
I dont agree with this at all.... crysis looks more impressive than what Ive seen of rage, plus, subjectively, I think the art in crysis is much better.... what exactly is rage supposed to have over crysis anyway.... It does have some nice effects in the trailers lacking in crysis...then again its a trailer...the intro to warhead looks superior to the game. The textures in the vids dont look better than crysis either. I like both though, rage is a far more fantastical design, while crysis is realistic

Thing about crysis also is that the ceiling hasnt been reached...the original GDC vid looks better than anything Ive seen of any game so far

There is a 'could' in there because I'm not sure it could surpass Crysis, but I do think that it certainly has the potential to do so. Believe in the Carmack.

Nihilism said:

To each their own I guess. I personally don't see how anyone could agree with you but meh ... to each their own.

Artstyle plays such an important role in graphics that to me this is far more aesthetically pleasing than Crysis, which relies entirely on a bloated engine of high resolution textures to get across its photorealistic look.

WTFing

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
I think Gears 2 and Uncharted are incredible but again I think KZ2 is the next level for this generation.
This generation began with Uncharted, then MGS4, then Wipeout HD, then LBP beta.
The next new gen will begin with Killzone 2, so true. Then will see :D

J-Rzez

Linkzg said:

I'm a big fan of Uncharted, but KZ2 is clearly head and shoulders above "Gears2, Uncharted, and the usual crowd" from the media I've seen, which means it would look even better on my HDTV.

It's downright unbelievable how good the game looks. Post processing jazz, clever and great art direction, who cares. Bottom line, it's the most incredible looking game I've seen overall, and yes, I have Crysis and a good machine to play it on. While Crysis has more going on seemingly, it is plagued by some horrid art, which hurts the overall eyecandy of that game.

J-Rzez said:
I'm a big fan of Uncharted, but KZ2 is clearly head and shoulders above "Gears2, Uncharted, and the usual crowd" from the media I've seen, which means it would look even better on my HDTV.

It's downright unbelievable how good the game looks. Post processing jazz, clever and great art direction, who cares. Bottom line, it's the most incredible looking game I've seen overall, and yes, I have Crysis and a good machine to play it on. While Crysis has more going on seemingly, it is plagued by some horrid art, which hurts the overall eyecandy of that game.

Yeah it stands alone right now.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Alright, I did it, I switched my GH:WT preorder to KZ2, and I can't say that I'm feeling too bad about it after seeing those screenshots.

GSG Flash said:
Alright, I did it, I switched my GH:WT preorder to KZ2, and I can't say that I'm feeling too bad about it after seeing those screenshots.

?

KZ2 comes out in february.

Switch that GH:WT pre order to R2, MS2, and LBP!

J-Rzez said:

Personally I think crysis has some of the most incredible art in fps...some of the vistas are incredible...

Also, regards to rage, Doom 3 was more impressive when released than far cry in some ways, not in many others...it might be the same here...but crysis is a huge step above far cry

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Private Hoffman said:
?

KZ2 comes out in february.

Switch that GH:WT pre order to R2, MS2, and LBP!

I think my bro will be getting R2, I'm not really interested in MS2 (don't like extreme/ATV/mud/whatever racing games all that much), and I'm gonna wait on what my friends are gonna do regarding LBP before I buy it.

Really though, KZ2 is the one I'm most interested in.

Truespeed

Kagari said:
Keikoku
Surrender to PS3
(Today, 07:37 PM)
Reply | Quote

Damn bastard gets a tag line for shit like that. Where's my tag line! What do I need to say? Who do I need to upset?

I've seen better textures on a Kaypro - and it didn't even support graphics!

Damn, that was low.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok, i will be very technical on my comment, i will use all my tech knowledge :
nom nom nom nom.:D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
VaLiancY said:
/comes in for a discussion about gameplay

hai guys...oh wait.

/leaves disappointed
Hey you're that guy I never see in PS3 thread who doesn't have one? If so then update your pro.

Mind you it's under NDA.

nelsonroyale said:

Regarding RAGE, the use of it's tech is what makes it more impressive in that regard than something like Crysis than simply tech, if you get my meaning. RAGE looks the way it does and is set to run 60fps across the board. Even at 30fps that game would still be impressive on the hardware but they didn't settle. Crysis never has such a set limit to it's programing tech, it can be as impressive as it wants cause they didn't bother accounting much for the released tech to begin with.

Imagine if Carmack was given the same type of "limitation" mindset that the Crysis Team had, for RAGE.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Regarding RAGE, the use of it's tech is what makes it more impressive in that regard than something like Crysis than simply tech, if you get my meaning. RAGE looks the way it does and is set to run 60fps across the board. Even at 30fps that game would still be impressive on the hardware but they didn't settle. Crysis never has such a set limit to it's programing tech, it can be as impressive as it wants cause they didn't bother accounting much for the released tech to begin with.

Imagine if Carmack was given the same type of "limitation" mindset that the Crysis Team had, for RAGE.

yeah, things the world moves on though...I definitely understand what you are saying, but its not like carmak was the only dev inovating with graphics...I remember playing outcast on the pc, and that impressed me as much as quake 3 when it was released...but honestly, crysis has impressed me more than anything ID released in terms of graphics, and Ive played most of their games on day one...Im hoping rage matches up though, its looked excellent in some of the clips, but Ive noticed some less than impressive elements in recent showings...especially in the vehicle stuff, the only gameplay shown...low res textures etc... Not a big deal at all as the game looks great...but believe me playing warhead on enthusiast graphics, everything looks good.

Im really looking forward to playing KZ2 myself though, it really does look alot better technically than any other console fps Ive seen (though Resistance 2 also looks great)

Top Bottom