• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 BETA invites For Europe sent out! (stop begging for keys, you dirty ponces

slider

Linkified said:
If SCEE loved us they would make everything public open beta

Maybe in unrealistic world (dammit slider, you can do better than that). I can totally understand why a firm would want to roll out it's own product as it wants to. Not entirely happy about it but they'll have their reasons.

Cheers.

fanboi
Full Recovery
Trevelyon
Lovely Salsa
Kal
Yurinka
Igo
McBradders
Dirtyshubb

Hate to be of those people who ask for a key but i would really like to try this out if anyone knows of a spare.

Just please dont post that south park picture at me or i'll feel like some annoying hobo begging for change :(
*waits for the inevitable post just to spite me* ;)

slider

Fersis said:
Speak for yourself buddy ,im screaming like a schoolgirl.. and my boss is not happy.:D

:lol

Remember folks, as Wollan said, this is a private invite beta - the passing of codes may infringe on some very powerful clause in the TOS.

Linkified

slider said:
Maybe in unrealistic world (dammit slider, you can do better than that). I can totally understand why a firm would want to roll out it's own product as it wants to. Not entirely happy about it but they'll have their reasons.

Cheers.

When you think of the way ms stuff to do with halo 3 beta that yoiu had to buy a disk to get in was very smart. I'm astouded my all these betas sony as doe and not a public open beta yet. All been public closed betas. Meh I'm off to the pub.

Steroyd said:
Well that's all i can say without breaking the NDA, it's a private beta, not a public one.

Oh yes they are going to subpoena GAF and GAF's ISP for your IP address and personal information and come down on you hard for breaking their cotton candy NDA that they are counting on you to break.

slider

Linkified said:
When you think of the way ms stuff to do with halo 3 beta that yoiu had to buy a disk to get in was very smart. I'm astouded my all these betas sony as doe and not a public open beta yet. All been public closed betas. Meh I'm off to the pub.

Yeah, that's a good point. Maybe it's indicative of MS and Sony's modus operandi or something. After all, Sony are very good at keeping their cards close to their chest. MS, in comparison, are very leaky... Gawd bless 'em.

FirewalkR

slider said:

Cheers.

It's not that they roll out the product as they want to, it's that they roll it out as they NEED to. They're doing this right now not only to test client-side stuff like graphics trouble, glitches, bugs etc, but also to test the network code/infrastructure. If they were to open the beta to everyone from the get go, there would possibly be lots of problems due to the network load alone. They need to test stuff piece by piece. Eliminate small problems before and then start letting more people in and see if things hold on.

sw1tch

I don't want to be an ass, but you shouldn't share your key, it's a private beta not like LPB, you might lose your beta status if you share it.

slider

FirewalkR said:
It's not that they roll out the product as they want to, it's that they roll it out as they NEED to. They're doing this right now not only to test client-side stuff like graphics trouble, glitches, bugs etc, but also to test the network code/infrastructure. If they were to open the beta to everyone from the get go, there would possibly be lots of problems due to the network load alone. They need to test stuff piece by piece. Eliminate small problems before and then start letting more people in and see if things hold on.

Indeed. It pretty much amounts to the same thing for the end user though. In this case their wanting (wanting because they need to!) and needing result in the same thing. And I didn't wanna make a fool of myself by trying to get technical and saying "stress test" over and over; although I did have your points in mind.

Word.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
LiquidMetal14 said:
Quit begging for a share or codes. This is a closed BETA.
Im not begging, just crying...

Rikyfree

People who need codes list:

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy
fanboi
Full Recovery
Trevelyon
Lovely Salsa
Rikyfree

Anybody else, just quote, remove the quote tags and add your name. ALL WELCOME.... i guess

As usual I'm never NEVER chosen by Sony for stuff like this...

If anyone has a spare key I'll take one, remember that I gave 8 SOCOM keys and 1 LBP keys to GAF and haven't been given a single one yet.

slider

There's just been a load of bannings in the LBP thread (for list posters) so I reckon you stop asking people. I'm not in and I do feel for you but it's not really a very interesting topic of conversation.

Peace.

slider said:
There's just been a load of bannings in the LBP thread (for list posters) so I reckon you stop asking people. I'm not in and I do feel for you but it's not really a very interesting topic of conversation.

Peace.
I believe it's a different situation, no one's actually talking about the KZ2 beta atm so there's no disruption, the problem with the LBP thread is that the people playing/talking about the game couldn't follow the thread.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Hmm I wonder when the US invites will go out. So to the people who have invites... is it already up and running and you can play? Or is it like MGO where you have to wait. Also I don't remember if I ever even signed up to this. Anyone have a link to the US beta registration? I'm pretty sure I did sign up though, I just need to see the site to remember.

Pachimari

Instead of asking for a betakey as that might never become a reality as it is a closed beta testing. I would rather ask, where to register to have a chance to get in? I think there were some kind of website (or was that resistance2?); anyway, how to get in?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Great. Got an invite for the SOCOM Beta while I was no vacation, no MotorStorm 2, no LBP, no KZ2, it's a goddamn conspiracy!

Billen

Banned
I got into the beta of Motorstorm 2 after having been on the toilet, so I can pretty safely say that Sony watches your feces for evidence of Stilton cheese and let you into betas depending on their findings.

zaidr

where are you guys signing up for this stuff? any links for future betas? (or if I have a chance for the NA beta for KZ2?)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
-viper- said:
I would truly love a K2 beta invite.

I think Sony hates me. They have never given me any BETA or demo of any sort.

Play online more, get wipeout HD add me: neojehuty and we can play online and maybe sony will see you have an interest in playing online. :D

Dibbz

Holy crap this week is totally awesome. Sony are one fire.

LBP Beta
Wipeout HD
Killzone 2 Beta

Only thing that can make this even better would be if Sony released HOME next week.

Zeliard

Anastacio said:
Instead of asking for a betakey as that might never become a reality as it is a closed beta testing. I would rather ask, where to register to have a chance to get in? I think there were some kind of website (or was that resistance2?); anyway, how to get in?

This. Come on beta testers, at least tell us if you signed up anywhere. :p

I'm. Just. Out. Of. Words...

I mean, when people got into the early Home beta and I didn't, I just gave up on getting into any beta programme. And during the last month or so, I got Socom, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet and now Killzone 2. I feel shell shocked even before firing my first shots :D

Downloading... It's only 300 and something MB.

Edit: Sorry, 459 MB

Top Bottom