• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 BETA invites For Europe sent out! (stop begging for keys, you dirty ponces

nelsonroyale said:
crysis also has incredible artistic direction.... this looks more like a movie, crysis looks more realistic...Im equally impressed with both to be honest...games with good graphics make me happy

crysis looks amazing, has amazing gameplay and a very good art direction.

the same goes for kz2 and i really hope that the gameplay will rock too.

tfur

The art direction is incredible. It reminds me of oil paintings by Jean Leon Gerome... and I am a huge Gerome fan...

Beautiful...

indie85

Banned
InsertCredit said:
Agreed to a certain extend.

It still beats KZ's mud textures though ;)

1b6edd9f4655190511.jpg
Lol, edited out the crappy bits?

10o4j9h.jpg

2mdgeh5.jpg

KZ2 still wins :D

-viper-

Banned
InsertCredit said:
Agreed to a certain extend.

It still beats KZ's mud textures though ;)

1b6edd9f4655190511.jpg
If you spend more than triple the amount of cash on a PC than you would on a PS3? Than yes, of course it will look better.

But I personally think:

Warhead>Killzone 2 > Crysis

I can run Crysis on High/Ultra-High and I prefer the look of Killzone 2. It simply looks better to me.

____

mr_nothin said:
Yea they were

I fixed the links for high quality versions

oops. thanks. ^_^

~Devil Trigger~ said:
....insane

just insane

indeed :D

TTP said:
The guy PSN ID is clearly visible in the vids. Why do people commit beta suicide? Idiots.

No way in hell I would do something like that if given the chance to be in the beta.

I'm not so sure I'd even let my friends come by and watch. ~_~

lupinko

Hey can we still trade for keys or no?

Because I have a spare LBP beta code if anyone wants to trade a KZ2 beta code.

If not then that's ok.

I'm not going through the whole thread for impressions, so can someone tell me how the gameplay is? Good? Bad? Buggy? Great? Freezes? Framerates? Voice chat? 2 players on the same PS3 (Like Warhawk)? Etc...

alba

Little is the new Big
lupinko said:
Hey can we still trade for keys or no?

Because I have a spare LBP beta code if anyone wants to trade a KZ2 beta code.

If not then that's ok.

You can't trade since it's a private beta unlike LBP/Socom

AranhaHunter said:
I'm not going through the whole thread for impressions, so can someone tell me how the gameplay is? Good? Bad? Buggy? Great? Freezes? Framerates? Voice chat? 2 players on the same PS3 (Like Warhawk)? Etc...

Everyone in it is under NDA, and Sony is apparently coming down hard on those that break that.

sTaTIx

FFObsessed said:
The info said it supports 1080p, must be upscaled tho.

50%!
Is it a fact that Killzone 2 supports 1080p (upscaled or otherwise)? Where did you get this information?

My HDTV doesn't support 720p, so it's absolute necessity that this game supports 1080p or 1080i (upscaled).

sTaTIx said:
Is it a fact that Killzone 2 supports 1080p (upscaled or otherwise)? Where did you get this information?

My HDTV doesn't support 720p, so it's absolute necessity that this game supports 1080p or 1080i (upscaled).

Sounds like you need a new TV j/k.

slider said:
The answer's on this VERY PAGE!!

Except I'm asking something else, if I login to someone's account that has the beta, can I download it and play? There is a rumor that you can

And note again: I'm not asking if someone's key will work on my account.

slider

Lovely Salsa said:
Except I'm asking something else, if I login to someone's account that has the beta, can I download it and play? There is a rumor that you can

And note again: I'm not asking if someone's key will work on my account.

In that case, I think Wollan or TTP said it's possible. It's a few pages back I think but given how I misunderstood your original question I'm not gonna bother searching for you. :(

shagg_187 said:
JESUS CRYSIS! Is that a real pic or is it really crysis? :lol

its crysis...business as usual.. Seriously, if the visual side of gaming is important to you, Crysis is a must play...its a great game and just stunning

slider said:
In that case, I think Wollan or TTP said it's possible. It's a few pages back I think but given how I misunderstood your original question I'm not gonna bother searching for you. :(

eh, if it works, anyone want to trade with me?!

I offer 50 bucks, I was born to play this beta!

sTaTIx

cjtiger300 said:
Sounds like you need a new TV j/k.
I paid ~$3k for this TV just a couple years ago. And to be honest, it has better image quality than just about any new LCD you can buy today.

Don't feel too sorry for me though, because every other component I own, including the 360, is compatible with my TV. It's just that the PS3 is a little deficient in that regard.

nelsonroyale said:
its crysis...business as usual.. Seriously, if the visual side of gaming is important to you, Crysis is a must play...its a great game and just stunning

Damn! I just got a new PC (installing all the drivers, softwares, backups and whatnot) so once I'm done with it and once my midterms are done (this upcoming week), I'm picking up Warhead :D

Wow, the game looks really good, and I love the design of the map in the beta. You guys are lucky to play it before anyone else!

shagg_187 said:
Damn! I just got a new PC (installing all the drivers, softwares, backups and whatnot) so once I'm done with it and once my midterms are done (this upcoming week), I'm picking up Warhead :D

pick up crysis first...warhead is a great expansion, but crysis is clearly the better game. That picture is probably from crysis rather than warhead anyway, not that warhead looks worse. Well, the cutscenes look much better in crysis, but thats a big difference in the production values.

Top Bottom