• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 BETA invites For Europe sent out! (stop begging for keys, you dirty ponces

KongRudi

Banned
I'm looking forward to this game.. :)

Everything I've seen from the game allmost make it seem like they have had dozens of designers on every single asset in the game. :)

It's crazy.
I'll soon starting to wonder if the blood inside the little blood-bags hanging on the side of the medic-belt here, will have realistic waves when the medic runs, and it will be less after beeing used on peoples, and similar. :-/

Nafai1123

Banned
Holy shit at those new pics! I cannot believe this game is still 4 months from release. By the time the game goes gold, the final blu-ray sent out to be pressed is going to collapse into itself, creating a rift between this world and the Helghast home world. Be prepared to fight for your freedom people!!

KongRudi

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Imagine if Carmack was given the same type of "limitation" mindset that the Crysis Team had, for RAGE.

Judging by his comments about how Cell is so impossiply hard to develop for as soon as he sees a microphone, I don't think we can expect him to have so much time leftover to develop a ground-breaking game-engine. :-/
I think Rage will probably be a game-engine as good as Raven Software is able to make it, wich is a good thing. But I think the most realistic thing we can hope for is if it will be a better engine than Unreal, and not expect it to compare with Crysis-engine, or whatever KZ2 seems to run at. :-/

ChryZ

Spiegel said:
Those pics don't even tell half the story.

F'ing NDA

nda.jpg

-Winnie-

Well, we all know Killzone 2 looks beautiful, but what do we know about the story? Will it be another throwaway piece of trash like Killzone 1 and Liberation? Honestly, the past Killzone games are quite fun but the stories are terribly bland. Half the time I played I asked myself, "Why exactly am I doing this?"

But know I'm still going to buy Killzone 2 just because it looks so good. :(

-Winnie- said:
Well, we all know Killzone 2 looks beautiful, but what do we know about the story? Will it be another throwaway piece of trash like Killzone 1 and Liberation? Honestly, the past Killzone games are quite fun but the stories are terribly bland. Half the time I played I asked myself, "Why exactly am I doing this?"

i hope this is the story:
kill the enemies.

Riptwo

KongRudi said:
Judging by his comments about how Cell is so impossiply hard to develop for as soon as he sees a microphone, I don't think we can expect him to have so much time leftover to develop a ground-breaking game-engine. :-/
I think Rage will probably be a game-engine as good as Raven Software is able to make it, wich is a good thing. But I think the most realistic thing we can hope for is if it will be a better engine than Unreal, and not expect it to compare with Crysis-engine, or whatever KZ2 seems to run at. :-/
Not that I generally like to respond to these comments, but you realize you're talking about one of the most visionary game programmers of all time, yeah? And honestly, Rage's megatexture tech alone is pretty much mindblowing.

Steroyd

-Winnie- said:

This ain't Half-Life or Bioshock, this is a game with 1 reason, blow every fucking thing in your path.

nelsonroyale said:
pick up crysis first...warhead is a great expansion, but crysis is clearly the better game. That picture is probably from crysis rather than warhead anyway, not that warhead looks worse. Well, the cutscenes look much better in crysis, but thats a big difference in the production values.

Yea but i don't think my PC can support Crysis. Warhead might run decent compared to the $700 Crysis PCs by Ultra.

Steroyd said:
This ain't Half-Life or Bioshock, this is a game with 1 reason, blow every fucking thing in your path.

I think your statement is missing a very crucial insertion of the word, "up". I might be wrong, but if that's the case I think we're hyped for two completely different games.

So, no one's going to tell me what a ponce is, huh?

Dizzan

MINI Member
Russian Steve said:

A ponce is just a name to put shit on someone. Sort of like calling them a pussy or telling them they are being a bitch. :D

Steroyd said:
This is a game with 1 reason, blow every fucking thing in your path.

Steroyd
Killzone 2: Best game ever!
(Today, 06:41 PM)
Reply | Quote

:D

Those textures... :O

I'm convinced that this game must suffer from bad Anisotropic Filtering, as that would explain the majority of the blurry textures in the official screens we've seen thus far. Any screens with a head on look at textures always look amazing.

It would also explain why no walkthroughs have mentioned weak textures, as bad AS would only be noticeable in stills, or maybe in games with a fixed camera.

Of course, textures like this were a logical conclusion for the game. You have to figure they'd be at LEAST as good as Uncharted's, given how Sony's devs are sharing tech these days.

I also expect KZ2 to have no install and no (or almost no) loading, just like Uncharted. :D

-Winnie- said:

Given the backstories they've been posting on Killzone.com lately, I'd say that this game will have quite an epic storyline.

Just read this baby:

http://www.killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_article=The First Extrasolar War

:O

shagg_187 said:
Yea but i don't think my PC can support Crysis. Warhead might run decent compared to the $700 Crysis PCs by Ultra.

If you can play warhead you can play crysis with custom configs...what are your specs? Post them in the crysis thread and people will tell you whats up... I have a dell laptop xp1530 and run the game on very good settings...frame rate isnt amazing, but Im playing through the original on delta settings and having no problems

Shawsie64

Banned
Russian Steve said:
I think your statement is missing a very crucial insertion of the word, "up". I might be wrong, but if that's the case I think we're hyped for two completely different games.

:lol

JimiNutz

Banned
Clinton514 said:
KZ2 will be playable again at Eurogamer's Expo this month. Anyone here in London or will / wants to attend?

When and where in London is it? I'd love to get my hands on KZ2 and finally be able to play it for myself.

No45

Russian Steve said:
Look it up on Urban Dictionary, there's a couple of decent descriptions in there along with the usual tosh. You should get the basic idea.

Steroyd

No45 said:
Look it up on Urban Dictionary, there's a couple of decent descriptions in there along with the usual tosh. You should get the basic idea.

Oh no you've confused him more by using the word "tosh".

It's all pish to me tallyho good sir.

Slamo

And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust
Hey, I'm gonna get you too
Another one bites the dust

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Damn you british blokes !
You and your totally awesome accent !!!! :D
My favourite bands are always british.

That youtube video : 0_o

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Amaaaazing.
Each screenshot looks like a render.
Im really liking the art direction and lighting.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Assembly Required said:
~Devil Trigger~
Currently has mouth wrapped around Kamiya's cock
(Today, 09:30 AM)
Reply | Quote

Too hasty?.. sarcasm maybe?... or simply a misunderstanding?

Great screenshots btw.

currently???...im at work

Rapping Granny said:
WTF ???!!

Robot in disguise!!!!

Billen

Banned
cameltoe said:
NEW??

*godcuntinglygreat.jpgs*

Personally, I hadn't seen those images. Really great stuff. The art direction is really awesome. Great lightning effects and EXCELLENT use of the colours grey and brown.

And yes, I was being serious.

Top Bottom