• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 BETA invites For Europe sent out! (stop begging for keys, you dirty ponces

RavenFox

Banned
Riptwo said:
Not that I generally like to respond to these comments, but you realize you're talking about one of the most visionary game programmers of all time, yeah? And honestly, Rage's megatexture tech alone is pretty much mindblowing.

And George W Bush is our President. There are many well known people out there that tend to do things you know like, human. What Carmack says as what he thinks of cell isn't gold for your purse.

cameltoe said:
33vm06o.jpg

157y9mv.jpg

:lol so fricken ridiculous.

iceatcs

I like they did the blood splat on the wall. It is indeed really gore feeling cos it is all dead.

The tank is beautiful, I would like to see if the ripsaw working and rip the soldiers apart or break through to the wall.

What's so cool about this picture is the blood look like dripping down the step.

Also again :p
EyePet-monkey-wow.png

ChryZ

mr_nothin said:
Wow, the sound effects...

The whole atmosphere, awesome.
You're getting it. The video showed a rather small amount of players ... so now imagine this map with 32 fuckers running around. To quote Guerrilla, "theater of war".

Riptwo

RavenFox said:
And George W Bush is our President. There are many well known people out there that tend to do things you know like, human. What Carmack says as what he thinks of cell isn't gold for your purse.
I'm guessing this made more sense in your head. I'm not saying that Killzone 2 isn't gorgeous, nor am I saying that Rage's possible success is somehow detrimental to the PS3. Just because Carmack doesn't shower a console's architecture with praise doesn't mean that it isn't capable hardware. I just think that people discrediting the man who has generally shaped modern 3D gaming over offhand comments regarding his *multiplatform* engine are a little off.

That being said, that mud screenshot in this thread kind of blew my mind.

burnfout

Nafai1123 said:
The guns sound so fucking awesome! And that little sound that you hear when you kill someone=win.

That sound is one of the best little touches I've ever heard in my life.

spwolf

Riptwo said:
I'm guessing this made more sense in your head. I'm not saying that Killzone 2 isn't gorgeous, nor am I saying that Rage's possible success is somehow detrimental to the PS3. Just because Carmack doesn't shower a console's architecture with praise doesn't mean that it isn't capable hardware. I just think that people discrediting the man who has generally shaped modern 3D gaming over offhand comments regarding his *multiplatform* engine are a little off.

he is not dissing ps3, he is dissing multi-anything design, because it is a lot more work. He would like to have single core 10Ghz cpu/gpu that he wouldnt have to do much optimizations on. ooops, suck to be him, because every hardware manufacturer is going multi rute, and it is going to get a lot worse for him after PS3...

RavenFox

Banned
Riptwo said:

Wasn't picking on you either just wanted to make sure you weren't showering him with drooling praises. I see we're both cool on the subject. Yes I respect him to.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I never played the first one online so my question is this. If it can be answered.

Does it take a few shots to take someone down ala CoD4?
Or is it a rain of bullets and dodging ala say Resistance, UT3?

I really prefer the former.

KZObsessed

Midas said:
I'm stuck at work today. :( It's 9:19 pm and I'm still here. It sucks.

OUCH!

Well some invites for clan games have been sent out scheduled for 10:00pm UK time. (about 1hr 25 minutes from now.) If they actually get accepted you might make it back for them.

k79

Banned
dallow_bg said:
I never played the first one online so my question is this. If it can be answered.

Does it take a few shots to take someone down ala CoD4?
Or is it a rain of bullets and dodging ala say Resistance, UT3?

I really prefer the former.

Not in the beta myself, but based on the leaked footage, it's the former. Killzone 1 was the opposite if i remember correctly.

Also, holy crap @ the new shots :O

Crayon

Firewire said:
I haven't seen them anywhere else.

I want to see more big pics. In big pics you can see the effect of the QAA. It makes everything look abit wooly. You don't see it in motion that much. Even though it's technically a negative arifact I kind of like it. Reminds me of late genesis games.

spwolf said:
he is not dissing ps3, he is dissing multi-anything design, because it is a lot more work. He would like to have single core 10Ghz cpu/gpu that he wouldnt have to do much optimizations on. ooops, suck to be him, because every hardware manufacturer is going multi rute, and it is going to get a lot worse for him after PS3...

Actually it's troublesome for most developers in general, it's just that Carmack is heated enough with his thoughts about the subject, but regardless, he's extremely talented enough to still tackle a multi-platform engine that involves different structured mult-core designs to run well anyway. It sucks worse for devs less talented than him, which is a whole bunch of folks.

Midas

FFObsessed said:
OUCH!

Well some invites for clan games have been sent out scheduled for 10:00pm UK time. (about 1hr 25 minutes from now.) If they actually get accepted you might make it back for them.

I took a cab home!

ghst

thanks for the laugh
wow, there's alot of positive reinforcement in this thread.

visually, it looks pretty good, but nothing astonishing considering the contained environments and the seemingly low numbers of objects on screen. nice ground texture though.

certainly doesn't look particularly interesting as a game. i remember similarly boner jamming threads in the prelude to the repetitive dross that was gears of war.

crysis, beautiful as it looks/runs on gtx 260 rig, is all about how its engine compliments and enhances the gameplay. but regardless, i still find mario galaxy and team fortress 2 to be 'better looking', as in more visually arresting games.

Nafai1123

Banned
Stantron said:
Please explain further.

watch the new video

At the end, it makes a sound when he kills someone, kinda like a trophy/achievement reward sound.

edit:

ghst said:

visually, it looks pretty good, but nothing astonishing considering the contained environments and the seemingly low numbers of objects on screen. nice ground texture though.

certainly doesn't look particularly interesting as a game. i remember similarly boner jamming threads in the prelude to the repetitive dross that was gears of war.

crysis, beautiful as it looks/runs on gtx 260 rig, is all about how its engine compliments and enhances the gameplay. but regardless, i still find mario galaxy and team fortress 2 to be 'better looking', as in more visually arresting games.

:lol :lol :lol

I respectfully disagree, but to each his own.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
dk_ said:
Wow looks gorgeous. Best graphics on the market, hands down.

someone has yet to visit the crysis warhead thread.

KZObsessed

We're playing the DoA clan at 23:00pm, they accepted! :D

Tho I think they're the best guys so we're gonna get toasted.... mmm nicely toasted.

cameltoe

ghst said:

i still find mario galaxy and team fortress 2 to be 'better looking', as in more visually arresting games.

you sir are a, oh whats the word??.....dipshit! Yup, thats the one.

J2d

After watching the vid again I really hope that you can somehow disable that propaganda voice that runs through the speakers since it will probably get old fast.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Loudninja said:

if you're going to attempt to contend my point, you'll have to try a little harder than that.

cameltoe said:
you sir are a, oh whats the word??.....dipshit! Yup, thats the one.

OH PHEW, man, for a second i thought you were gonna call me gay.

what's with the hilarious drunken cowboy rag doll deaths too? every time someone takes a bullet it turns into a grade school production of hamlet.

spwolf

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Actually it's troublesome for most developers in general, it's just that Carmack is heated enough with his thoughts about the subject, but regardless, he's extremely talented enough to still tackle a multi-platform engine that involves different structured mult-core designs to run well anyway. It sucks worse for devs less talented than him, which is a whole bunch of folks.

thats a lot of positive thinking.. we will see what happens when it comes out.

Problem for Carmack is that all hardware manufacturers are going multi-core in the future, for both cpu and gpu, so he should be thanking PS3 for making developers learn how to code properly.

ghst said:
if you're going to attempt to contend my point, you'll have to try a little harder than that.

Who says he was trying to contend some point your were making? It looked to me as though he was simply expressing confusion over the comment that you made. I'm pretty sure he's not alone in his confusion. Who the hell compares Mario galaxy to this? Who the hell says a MP map of a game is enclosed and doesn't have much on screen when it's still in beta and doesn't have 32 people running around? Have you even seen footage of the SP? There's plenty going on and it's plenty big ...

Even the people who think this looks better than Crysis all know that it's technically not as impressive. People just tend to like the cinematic look and feel more than Crysis.

Top Bottom