• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 Demo up on EU PSN Store now

SappYoda

Photo_020509_001.png

Yesss :3

cyberheater said:
Any chance you could expand on this a tad?

It's a just very short. The level is Corinth river. The one we have seen over and over already. You land in a drop ship. You blow up a bridge. You enter a warehouse. I've have seen GIFs on GAF of these scenes hundreds of times so I felt I played it before.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
PuppetMaster said:
It's a just very short. The level is Corinth river. The one we have seen over and over already. You land in a drop ship. You blow up a bridge. You enter a warehouse. I've have seen GIFs on GAF of these scenes hundreds of times so I felt I played it before.

I've deliberately stayed away from media so get the full impact. Does it (and yes, i'm going there) look like the famous E3 CGI trailer?

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
PuppetMaster said:

the whole game has been practically GIFed.

:(

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
PuppetMaster said:

It's actually only two parts of that first level, apparently.

Despite it being teaser-ish in length, I still really wish my download would hurry up :|

PuppetMaster said:
That's why I stood away from any KZ2 discussion, and even ignored any screenshot/movie news around the web. I want to be blown away by this game :D

Crye

Teaser length? ;(
Well at least I know to brace myself for disappointment in that regard, gonna take my time with it.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
So, this demo is the equivalent of getting a number from a beautiful woman with the stipulation that you can't call her for at least 3 weeks. *sigh*

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ugh...my download is crawling now. Think I'm gonna stay out of these threads until I play it myself.

Dibbz

Just to answer the length questions. I played the demo level from start till end (not just the 2 areas you guys have right now) and it took me a long time to get through it all. Havn't played the demo out now but I know which sections you guys are talking about.

Basically the length of the levels are fine and I honestly didnt feel like they flew by or anything.

FrankT

Demo was short, but sweet. Impressive for sure. I will have to agree with SamB on the controls however. Not my cup of tea or I need to get in there and try to adjust settings where possible.

Truant

WasabiKing said:
Once I finish downloading, I will delete and download it again.

Now excuse me while I pause and unpause my download a good 10 times

I tried this post. Didn't work.

traveler

Not Wario
Whoa. Did not expect it to end so fast. I'll be replaying it just to get used to the controls, but, yeah, quickest demo ever?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm buying this shit day one. Cannot fucking wait! The demo sold me.

Danielsan

Short demo but the gameplay is great, especially the shoot out in the warehouse. The first person cover mechanic is fantastic!
The graphics don't wow me anymore though. :(

nib95

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Demo was short, but sweet. Impressive for sure. I will have to agree with SamB on the controls however. Not my cup of tea or I need to get in there and try to adjust settings where possible.

Here are my tips.

- Don't adjust the sensitivity.

- Be sensitive and gentle with the sticks. Use the full extent of the range, not just far left or far right etc, but everything in between too. Sometimes the best and most accurate way to shoot in this game is with gentle touches to the analogues. This is also the best way to get head shots.

- Stick to very short bursts of fire. Literally only a few bullets and split second bursts in succession. Whether hip firing or using iron sights.

- When trying to hit ranged enemies, take your time aiming. Aim for the head wherever possible, and do this by combining tip 2 above. Remember to take your time, as you practise the rest will come easy. Before you know it the way you shoot and aim will be like art in motion. Use cover a lot, and you have more freedom to take your time.

Heh, the AI is actually pretty good IMO, at least when it's out of cover.

It ducks away if you shoot at them in the open, they actively move around and try to flank you, dodge grenades etc. They're usually pretty smart when it comes to cover, the problem being that they don't really react if they get shot them over the top (like in so many other coversystems), if you flank them they're quick to react and abandon it.

All in all, it reminds me of FEAR a little bit. It's a shame that there also seems to be those set-pieces where they behave more CoDish and just run to a spot and stand there.

The first person cover is also nice, works a lot like it did in MoH: Airborne, you never "stick" to it and it's very easy to use.

1-D_FTW

I was just assuming the Gamestop demo was gonna be multiplayer. But after seeing this thread and googling Gamestop, guess not. Not that I was ever gonna pre-order from Gamestop, but FU! Downloading from Euro PSN.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Seems pretty cool. I've played the demo, which is kinda short like already mentioned, twice. The second time I was more used to the controls than during the first try, obviously, so it played a lot better for me then.

But I think they should have let you play a little more than this or added some multiplayer.

WasabiKing said:
Once I finish downloading, I will delete and download it again.

Now excuse me while I pause and unpause my download a good 10 times
:lol

Just finished the demo for the 3rd time, really fun. I play on default controls and it worked nicely, love the feeling of weight as well.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
ItsInMyVeins said:
But I think they should have let you play a little more than this or added some multiplayer.

NO , a lot of people may/will get satisfied if it was big Demo full of feature and then won't buy the Game .

Akim said:
So the gamestop demo code was useless?

you won't believe how many PS3 owners that don't know shit about how to make Euro Accounts or even know that you can do that .

Jaagen

A nice demo, but a tad shorter than I had expected. Controlls worked fine once I got the hang of it(not that used to DA's anymore), and I like the cover mechanic.

I kind of wish I could get an objective marker though, because it was sometimes hard to keep track of where your comrade was.

Jaagen said:
A nice demo, but a tad shorter than I had expected. Controlls worked fine once I got the hang of it(not that used to DA's anymore), and I like the cover mechanic.

I kind of wish I could get an objective marker though, because it was sometimes hard to keep track of where your comrade was.
Press up on the d pad.

Top Bottom