• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 Demo up on EU PSN Store now

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Totobeni said:
NO , a lot of people may/will get satisfied if it was big Demo full of feature and then won't buy the Game .

Nah, I don't think so. First off, I don't think playing 20-30 minutes is gonna make people tired of this game in comparison to 10-15. On top of that, the controls needs some getting used to, so a little more time to get adjusted to them (by adding 15 minutes of gameplay) would leave a better impression on someone who only plays through the demo once.

Dreweyes

So control setting "Alternate 2" is the closest control setup to Call of Duty 4 available.

I turn up X and Y axis sensitivity all the way since the game is a bit sluggish compared to CoD4, but plays awesome!! :D

DMeisterJ

Banned
Won said:
Hmmm....explosive barrels.....on a bridge.....how convenient.

vio7dy.jpg

Nemesis_

Brilliant graphics. Still gotta work out which control scheme is best for me (since I cannot stand the original default.)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck my University accommodation and not allowing me to access PSN

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What a disappointing demo. Short level, very unsatisfying other than blowing up a bridge, you can't even change the friggin difficulty...what the hell is that crap? If Killzone 2 is really a 5 out of 5 game, they sure picked the wrong level to demo it. It did nothing for me.

And why can't I change the difficulty instead of playing it on "Don't Hurt Me" difficulty? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Good lord that was short... damn. I spent longer downloading it than playing it. I really, really wish I could change the FOV too. It's like the main char has no arms with just a gun sticking out. :lol

Still, all quite impressive. I really like the effects, and especially the way the enemies move.

Won

After playing through the demo twice:

Looks great and after adjusting the sensitivity it even plays decently enough. Only thing that bothered me was the cover system.

And why is the demo so damn short? Would love to play a bit more before I make a decision on a purchase.

Truant

Won said:
After playing through the demo twice:

Looks great and after adjusting the sensitivity it even plays decently enough. Only thing that bothered me was the cover system.

And why is the demo so damn short? Would love to play a bit more before I make a decision on a purchase.

I'm still getting it, but I was left a little underwhelmed. Just before I got a hang of it, it ended. There should have been five more minutes of shooting, in my opinion. Graphics look amazing, though.

spwolf

Truant said:
I'm still getting it, but I was left a little underwhelmed. Just before I got a hang of it, it ended. There should have been five more minutes of shooting, in my opinion. Graphics look amazing, though.

i think the whole idea was to left you wanting :)

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Anyone else have what feels like a 500ms delay on your inputs? Looks gorgeous, but man these controls are near unplayable.

Also, thanks for ending the demo right as I felt like maybe I was getting a handle on the controls :(

Downloading. Finally an excuse to muddy up my users list.

I feel sorry for the people that probably overpaid for the game at Gamestop to get access to it, though.

Lince

Banned
played 5 times, already my fav fps

- looks ace, better than anything out there in consoles, can't see my decent PC doing this
- frame rate, do what you want, it never drops
- audio is better than graphics, my 5.1 headphones are crying sweet tears of love and joy
- cover system is simply designed for me, I loved FEAR "lean system" so what can I say
- AI is so-so, but hey the demo is easy mode all the way
- guns feel real, weight, recoil, feedback, amazing and satisfying
- PS3 vindicated, I never will doubt you again.

Finally it's downloaded. Installing now. But the hype has been pretty much killed by reading this thread. Probably a good thing.

Tailzo

Well, I played through the demo. It plays like I would expect from a shooter, and I am not very good at it as usual. The visuals are very good, and most of all the lightning and smoke are of higher quality than what I've seen before.

The dialogue was bad, even for a game. "This is ****ed up!". Uh, I just didn't care about the story at all. I guess yopu shouldn't listen to a non fps player like me. For what it's worth, I did enjoy this demo more than the re5 demo, where I even had trouble controlling the character. It's more natural and fluid in Killzone 2.

Again, I hardly play any shooters, so don't mind me. I do try to test out all the demoes I can anyway though.

dejan

Just finished my second playthrough. Presentation is great and that's about it. Really hate the sluggish controls.

Downloaded just in time to have to attend a business meeting... I'm kind of surprised about the feedback so far, I'm dying to get my own impressions.

Core407

Banned
dejan said:
Just finished my second playthrough. Presentation is great and that's about it. Really hate the sluggish controls.

It seems different from the MP beta. I don't know what it is, maybe it's because its SP. They could have adjusted the movement speed and similar aspects for the SP.

Played through it once.
I liked it but didn't love it.
Controls take a lot of getting used to. In particular, I can't stand clicking the left stick to sprint. I know CoD4 and WaW had it but I don't like it.
Pretty vanilla level for a demo other than that.. it looks beautiful and is a lot of fun.

PnCIa

dejan said:
It seems that the slight "lag" is intended, they haven´t changed that since the Games Convention demo...back then i thought this happens because the framerate wasn´t that steady. The more i play the more i´m getting used to it, while it kinda flows with the overall more realistic (and therefore slightly indirect) walking feeling, i wish the game would do what i want instantly.

Does anyone see any difference between 720p and 1080p output? I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me.

But the game is amazing. Graphics are mouthwatering. I have no problem with standard 1 controls since this is my first fps, but the only thing that bothers me is running feels awkward with L3.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
DevelopmentArrested said:
Controls take a lot of getting used to. In particular, I can't stand clicking the left stick to sprint. I know CoD4 and WaW had it but I don't like it.

same here. i absolutely hate push stick to sprint. sucks that there's no alternative here :(

Core407

Banned
Darunia said:
same here. i absolutely hate push stick to sprint. sucks that there's no alternative here :(

You only have to keep it down though, you hold up, click, and keep holding up and he'll keep running. It's not like you have to hold the L3 button down.

Mrbob

Toggle sprint? Good. All games should toggle sprint and crouch if they are required to use on the sticks.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Core407 said:
You only have to keep it down though, you hold up, click, and keep holding up and he'll keep running. It's not like you have to hold the L3 button down.

I just discovered this while playing through the demo again. makes a huge difference indeed :)

Something needs to be done about the very strange feeling of disconnection between what's happening on screen and your input. It feels like an out of body experience, or perhaps what Ratatouille felt like in Linguine's hat.

Absolutely stunning apart from that though. Really shows off some of that "untapped potential" we've all been hearing about.

Also, the dialog is Gears of War retarded. I feel slightly dumber after experiencing it.

cyberheater said:
Can you Americans kindly bugger off and allow us Europeans to download the demo unencumbered by your bandwidth stealing.

Thanks for your understanding...
You can thank GameStop for diverting American traffic to your shores.

Treo360

ScrabbleBanshee said:
Something needs to be done about the very strange feeling of disconnection between what's happening on screen and your input. It feels like an out of body experience, or perhaps what Ratatouille felt like in Linguine's hat.

Absolutely stunning apart from that though. Really shows off some of that "untapped potential" we've all been hearing about.

Also, the dialog is Gears of War retarded. I feel slightly dumber after experiencing it.

The controls are the reason why I cancelled the pre-order, it's just not any fun for me.

Top Bottom