• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeZimatoR

Banned
deepbrown said:
Radiation?

Yeah, most probably something along those lines.

In KZ 1's intro you see a Helghast being treated or whatever and it looked like his hair had started to fall off because he still had some. That's what Helghan does to you I guess...

Those dirty higgs deserve it though :D

hc2

So what NPD/PAL/Japan numbers are people expecting? For say, the March NPD as an example? Think it will do MGS4 numbers?

Donos

deepbrown said:
So apparently Maxim's real review isn't available until Feb 2nd, because they are under embargo. It'll be a different review, by a different writer...meaning the first reviewer most likely didn't play the game.

so for what was this shi* ? just for going with the hype ? -_-

hc2

deepbrown said:
Who cares.
Curiosity. I can see it doing 900,000 to 1 million, at least, for March in the USA. They have good timing on the release, a PS3 FPS without much competition in the genre. If they do really well, they could start making plans for a continuation, maybe start work on some good DLC. Now if the Sony Games personnel would be quiet, that would help a lot. Just let KZ2 do it's thing.

deepbrown

hc2 said:
Curiosity. I can see it doing 900,000 to 1 million, at least, for March in the USA. They have good timing on the release, a PS3 FPS without much competition in the genre. If they do really well, they could start making plans for a continuation, maybe start work on some good DLC. Now if the Sony Games personnel would be quiet, that would help a lot. Just let KZ2 do it's thing.
Less quiet, more SHOUT LOUD - KZ2 IS HERE - THIS IS ITS GAMEPLAY INGAME GRAPHICS - YOU CAN PLAY THIS IF YOU WANT TO - JUST BUY THE GAME AND PS3 - WE WILL GIVE YOU FREE ONLINE.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
cameltoe said:
I care about KZ2 sales? Not so much but hey, you go girl!
whoops, wrong person. my bad. I think your avatar was distracting me

methane47

sophie howard "Her bra size was 34G, but around 2007 she lost weight and became a 32F.[5]"

HOLY CRAP ... /*google images*/ wow.. her knockers are really nice.

FirewalkR

What's this thread doing in page 2 (with 100 posts/page)?

Can't be, lemme find some random gifs.

2vcdxsl.gif

9ghdds.gif

33m4ape.gif

2r44qww.gif

noooo!!! I came this morning to read what went down in this thread and it was on the second page. ???

when is the official one going up? Cant wait for that one.

____

TrAcEr_x90 said:
noooo!!! I came this morning to read what went down in this thread and it was on the second page. ???

1 week before release.

-PXG-

I will try to snag more demo codes either today or tomorrow.

Not to start a shit storm, but we aren't expecting many pre-orders for this game (obligatory sad face). We got a TON of code slips, but don't want to risk not having enough for last minute pre-order customers.

____

-PXG- said:
I will try to snag more demo codes either today or tomorrow.

Not to start a shit storm, but we aren't expecting many pre-orders for this game (obligatory sad face). We got a TON of code slips, but don't want to risk not having enough for last minute pre-order customers.

Not surprising seeing as how Sony refuses to advertise.

DunpealD

TrAcEr_x90 said:

People are busy with the preparation for the clans. Here are the number of people currently in each division according to the Matchup Thread:

[GAF1] U.S. East/Central: 117
[GAF2] U.S. Pacific/West: 35
[GAF3] Euro GAF: 62
[GAF4] Asia GAF: 2
--------------------------------------
Total: 216

Not too shabby I'd say. Does know where the information about the 64 member limit comes from? The last time I heard of them talking about a limit was, that they wanted to keep it open end.

-PXG-

____ said:
Not surprising seeing as how Sony refuses to advertise.

I'm the only one at my store who promotes the game to customers. :lol I am what you call the atypical GS employee. Our store overall doesn't have any rabid fanboys, on the most part, except for two people who hate on (but don't admit it) the PS3 a little bit. Only the manager and I own all three consoles.

Kittonwy

Banned
Xater said:
Yep and the demo should be out for everyone from the beginning. Worst advertising for a probably great title ever....

They might want to get the demo out maybe a week before instead of a day before, but then this might have been done to maximize the pre-orders. I wonder if there is going to be any Qore demo before release.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Xater said:
Yep and the demo should be out for everyone from the beginning. Worst advertising for a probably great title ever....

Yeah. They should ALSO make the demo available right now for the people that already preordered.

I got that code a week ago and it sucks I cannot use it

DunpealD said:
People are busy with the preparation for the clans. Here are the number of people currently in each division according to the Matchup Thread:

Not too shabby I'd say. Does know where the information about the 64 member limit comes from? The last time I heard of them talking about a limit was, that they wanted to keep it open end.

Having an open limit might be nice but, given how the valor system works, smaller clans may be better. For the higher end players there is going to be a lot of pressure to have very tight knit teams and tactics. A 64 player clan gives you potentially 4 16-player teams per clan. Within a team you are going to have a few 3-4 man squads who generally stick to certain class types in order to tactically control the maps and game types.

I know that large clans are great so that you can always be playing with people on your clan, or you can set up clan private servers, however I think it is important to differentiate those people that want to casually play on a clan, and those that want to seriously compete within the valor system. A 64 player limit per clan seems ideal. If need be GAF can have a number of different clans in action - then we can challenge one another.

Kittonwy

Banned
DunpealD said:

Asia GAF is so pwn3d. >:p

AndyD

aka andydumi
Xater said:

They said week of release. And I think the game comes out Friday, so the demo maybe that Thursday? As long as the demo is out and there is advertising, I dont see a problem. Not every game needs to sell a ton day one, there is no extra profit day one from day 5 (aside from interest finnagling).

____

Xater said:

I'm likely to agree. It's like they don't want the game to succeed because they're not taking necessary measures. I mean...yea, the game is incredible, but who's gonna KNOW it? The lack of effort on their advertising front makes me ;[

-PXG- said:
I'm the only one at my store who promotes the game to customers. :lol I am what you call the atypical GS employee. Our store overall doesn't have any rabid fanboys, on the most part, except for two people who hate on (but don't admit it) the PS3 a little bit. Only the manager and I own all three consoles.

Honestly, there's only so much you can do. The burden should rest on Sony. It's sad to see them in this predicament. I mean...I can't really speak "yet" because the game isn't out yet, but based on past PS3 exclusive (huge) titles....I can predict how their ad efforts are gonna go. And that makes me ;[ also.

Rapping Granny said:
We should have a Canada gaf clan, I think there is enough of us. probably more than asia gaf lol.

I know the kitton doesn't want to join a Canada only clan, but I am down if there are enough people. I would still prefer to keep regions separated if possible.

Az

DunpealD said:

I got the 64 limit from here http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=13745
I mean Killzone devs post there so I mostly believe it.

Q: "Does Killzone 2 support clans?"

A: Extensively, it introduces the valor point system which your clan is rated by and can be bet against other clans. It can also be earned in tournaments. Clans have a higher limit of 64 members.

FirewalkR

I find it curious that after forcing Gamersyde to take their videos down, every site is now showing more stuff than I'd probably like to see. Intro, lots of gameplay... More and more I wonder what's going on at Sony marketing.

kle89 said:
http://www.gamekings.tv/index/videos...ersion-subbed/

41 minute documentary!! and im watching it.

To those who already watched it: does it contain SPOILERS? I have avoided the KZ2 intro and some of the latest SP campaign videos.

DunpealD

AzRim904 said:
I got the 64 limit from here http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=13745
I mean Killzone devs post there so I mostly believe it.

Which means East/Central is over the limit and Europe is most probably also over the limit by now. But even if we split up East/Central it won't be enough.

As the_prime_mover it sounds logical to split up the teams into a valor oriented clan and non-valor oriented clan. The problem is we don't know to what extend we'll be playing KZ2, yet.

AndyD

aka andydumi
DunpealD said:

Splitting US/Canada may make it manageable, and maybe able to have 1 for US East, 1 Canada, 1 US west (may have to take some US central guys).

tiddles

BruceWayneIII said:
To those who already watched it: does it contain SPOILERS? I have avoided the KZ2 intro and some of the latest SP campaign videos.

yes - there's footage from some of the later levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom