• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeDog

Damn the Gamersyde videos are awesome! This game has the most impressive use of lighting in a game so far, imo. And holy shit at the animation of the robot in the beginning of the 3rd video.

The Chef

k79 said:
Goddamn this thread is picking up steam again ... need to read the last 3 pages or so.

Anyhows ... gif-whoring people!!!

2daaeiw.gif

INSANE! that's a theater of war alright oO

editZorz : Wow @ EG review :D

HOLY SHIT
SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Xater

BeeDog said:
Damn the Gamersyde videos are awesome! This game has the most impressive use of lighting in a game so far, imo.

Yeah just finished watching them. Oh my god so awesome!

I also quite enjoyed the music...

Bojanglez said:
I assume they have let the reviews out this early is so that over the coming weeks they can litter their ads with review scores and quotes. I need to see some Killzone 2 ads in the cinema, it will bring new meaning to the word cinematic!
They should run the Ballet of Death during the previews for The Watchmen.

DMeisterJ

Banned
No one can ever talk shit on GG ever again. I think this ranks up there with the biggest improvement to awesomesauce from a game to it's sequel ever. Good job GG, you guys deserve it after all the shit you got for KZ1. Now go make us a KZ3. :D

Mrbob

Wow, congrats GG. I'm still skeptical, but it is positive to see many quality scores coming out. Warzone multiplayer mode definitely sounds unique.

Do I still have to use the archaic method of preordering to get a demo for this game? :/ Come on, Sony. Put it up on PSN for everyone.

Az

Some great reviews out there, if someone could put all the new ones together with the links. Would really like to read some of them.

Shadow780

k79 said:
Goddamn this thread is picking up steam again ... need to read the last 3 pages or so.

2daaeiw.gif

Jesus Christ...

Finished reading the last 3 pages....you guys....erm....you´re behaving as if it´s E3 and new awsome games were announced...

These are damn scores, sigh....omg, this industry will never grow up. Lol @ people that try to raise the aspect of games being art. Behaviour like in this thread destroys any chance for that.

Anyway, nice scores, hope the game is really that great.

roMonster

k79 said:

2daaeiw.gif

The only thing more chaotic than this thread is this gif.

amar212

dallow_bg said:
I made a summary.

Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN USA: 9.4
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor (swedish): 10/10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10/10
Eurogamer.es 10/10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5

Keep it rolling!

You're forgetting:

GamePlay (croatia): 20/20
576Kbyte (hungary): 9.7

plus

C.Redfield said:
french sites
jeuxvideo.com 17/20
play3-live.com 19/20

And probably even more reviews older than today.

Redd

Quick question KZ2 fans, even though I'm sure it's been asked hundreds of times but does this have an online Co-op caimpaign mode? Not big on shooters but they're tolerable playing them with friends.

Killzone 2 delivered, seems like this game could be worth purchasing for its graphics alone, but the SP and MP seems to be all kinds of good. 2009 started.

Xater

Redd said:
Quick question KZ2 fans, even though I'm sure it's been asked hundreds of times but does this have an online Co-op caimpaign mode? Not big on shooters but they're tolerable playing them with friends.

No.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AyuFanatic86 said:
Finished reading the last 3 pages....you guys....erm....you´re behaving as if it´s E3 and new awsome games were announced...

These are damn scores, sigh....omg, this industry will never grow up. Lol @ people that try to raise the aspect of games being art. Behaviour like in this thread destroys any chance for that.

Anyway, nice scores, hope the game is really that great.

t5nhno.jpg

Bojanglez said:
The Microsoft giftbags probably did no harm either.

Shsssssssssss....

They will hear you...

Seriously i don't think a PS3 game will get 10/10 on Eurogamer,Killzone 2 was the one suppose to and failed,LBP could not even that it got GOTY on the site,there is like a force field that no matter how great and big the PS3 game is,is not big enough for it look at MGS4 and 8/10 a game which some sites and even GA pick as game of the year,a miserable 80% by conversion is sad.

Just a note... there is no IGN UK review at this point (it appears Eurogamer had the UK exclusive). The review on the IGN UK site is the US review.

Strike

Haters owned, AAA title confirmed. Market the hell out of it, Sony. You don't get a lot of exclusives like this. Do whatever it takes to get this title the sales it deserves!

Doubledex

Banned
Tormentoso said:
Shsssssssssss....

They will hear you...

Seriously i don't think a PS3 game will get 10/10 on Eurogamer,Killzone 2 was the one suppose to and failed,LBP could not even that it got GOTY on the site,there is like a force field that no matter how great and big the PS3 game is,is not big enough for it look at MGS4 and 8/10 a game which some sites and even GA pick as game of the year,a miserable 80% by conversion is sad.
Don't forget: SONY killed SEGA and kicked Nintendo in the butt for two generations.
All these reviewers are old enough and a lot of them are "OMFG SONY bububu bad. Poor SEGA, omfg I raised up with a NES and SNES, Nintendo forever".
So every Myamoto game gets a perfect score.
SONY is evil

I_D

k79 said:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2daaeiw.gif[IMG]

editZorz : Wow @ EG review :D[/QUOTE]

While I disagree with IGN's review of the graphics, I can at least see where they are coming from.

It's readily apparent in this GIF, for example.

Look at the dust being knocked around by the aircraft lifting off. Then, when it reaches a certain distance, the dust suddenly vanishes, and it makes the whole thing look completely fake.

If that kind of thing is prevalent throughout the game, I can see why IGN wouldn't give the game a 10 in the graphics department.

That being said, though, the game is still quite gorgeous, and logically it should have scored higher than nearly any other game this gen, in terms of graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom