• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollan

So Guerrilla has been showing off their upcoming magnum opus Killzone 2 to the press for the last couple of weeks. The press has gotten their hands on the Beta which they're sharing with about 30000 other people. The press has also gotten to try out 6 chapters from the singleplayer campaign (full game has ten). New media is starting to appear and I will try to cover it all as best as I can. Sit back and enjoy and watch the lackluster skills of the gaming press have a go at it.

Multiplayer media:
Embargo ended.
Singleplayer media: Embargo ended.

Please note, testers are still under MP NDA. We don't encourage people to spill info and you do so at your own risk.

Release date: Europe - February 25th, North America - February 27th

• Killzone Storyline

Reviews:

NEW! OPM(US) - 5 out of 5
"The buddies alongside you in each battle have been expertly tuned to provide just enough cover and support to actively get your back on occasions, while never making it feel like they could acchieve every objective alone."

"...the believability and consistency are hallmarks of the Killzone 2 expereince. None of the circumstances, weapons you find, locations you visit, or frankly any of the details in the world feel arbitrary. The world is consistently realized in its unappealing flavor."

"...filled with moments that can handily be described as inspiring awe"

- bots in offline multiplayer "perform pretty well"

"Without a doubt Killzone fans, action, and shooter fans of any stripe will isntantly tag this sequel as a powerful contender for teh best game of 2009"

Media:

• NEW! Leaked Intro and 4D loading screen (SPOILER) @ Youtube

• Art and HD Audio Interview @ Gametrailers
• Tech Interview @ GameTrailers
• AI Interview @ GameTrailers

Singleplayer Campaign (obligatory SPOILER warning):

• 13 HD videos (including lady char) @ Play3-Live
• Nail Gun and Flamethrower @ G4TV
• Campaign Footage @ GameTrailers
• Special Delivery @ GameTrailers
• Position Holding @ GameTrailers
• Landing @ PlayStation Only
• Nail Gun @ JeuxVideo
• Action @ JeuxVideo
• Action 2 @ JeuxVideo
• Desert Combat @ PlayFrance

Multiplayer:

• MP Videos @ IGN
• Salamun Market MP @ 1UP
• Blood Gracht MP @ 1UP
• Death Dealing MP Video @ GameTrailers
• Level UP MP Video @ GameTrailers
• MP Footage by TTP @ Gamersyde
• MP Gameplay @ Gamepro
• MP Footage 1 @ GameTrailers
• MP Footage 2 @ GameTrailers
• MP Footage 3 @ GameTrailers

• Helghan Trailer 720P @ FZ
• Helghan Trailer 720P @ Killzone.com
• Helghan Trailer @ 1UP

Text:

Singleplayer:

• SP Preview @ IGN
• SP Preview @ Eurogamer
• SP Preview @ Gamespot

Multiplayer:

• MP Preview @ IGN
• MP Preview @ Gamespot
• MP preview @ Eurogamer

Cover art NA:
3133267773_1cc10316c6.jpg

Cover art PAL:
522px-Killzone2_Box_Art.jpg

Fan service:
DSC04186.jpg

zeloe326

Can't wait to see some single player footage. From the awesomeness multiplayer, I can only expect greatness from the single player.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
iceatcs said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/iceatcs/Killzone2Pillar.gif[IMG]
Just one this time.

But damn GT player play so poor :S. At least more actions.[/QUOTE]Wow.

I love how smooth the animation of the shadow is when he throws the grenade too.

xaosslug

full of fucking win, indeed. I watched those vids in the other thread (I couldn't even do in in HD!) and was fucking blowed away!

StuBurns

Banned
Yo'all gonna be seeing me all up in dis thread... Tru dat.

Yeah, currently my most 'hyped' game, it's stunning, I need it. And am loving the recent media spill out.

Guled

The beta is fun, but the SP is what I'm really looking forward to. The trailer looked really nice, any word on coop?

Guled said:
The beta is fun, but the SP is what I'm really looking forward to. The trailer looked really nice, any word on coop?
Unfortunately, the word is no co-op.

There were some rumors that maybe it would get patched in later, but I don't know how strong that possibility might be.

Wollan

I'm simply awestruck by those Gametrailer videos.

And I'm talking about the playing ability of the staff. I swear, my nongaming sister could have played better than this.

-viper-

Banned
Those GT videos are awesome. The graphics look better than anything I've seen. The lighting is out of the world, the image quality is superb and the textures also look fantastic.

Honestly, nothing comes close. I cannot believe these are the MP graphics. Looks better than almost ANY other game (SP included).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom