• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidSnakex said:
25f6ljc.jpg

2ufu0qc.png

It's not visible in this shot, but the Teletubbies are having a party in the room to the right.

:p

(im pleased with the light here. I have issue with Visari Square alone. Which, oddly, has yet to be grabbed and posted here)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
OK... I miss two things: The grain, and Sev's fucking mohawk. :lol

I can live without the grain (though I really liked it), but dude really needs his old hair back. Probably too late to do because of cutscenes and shit though. Bad call on that change.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
TTP said:
It's not visible in this shot, but the Teletubbies are having a party in the room to the right.
That's when you thrown the grenade into that door, right? Loved that moment, such a good looking explosion.

Speaking of explosions, has anyone noticed the new, directional explosions? Welcome 1 video has one such, when the rocket hits some building from the right. The explosions + smoke don't just go up like they almost always do in games, but the have this arched, directional look to it.

Oh and yeah, flamethorwer looks pretty bad. Almost shamefully so considering the insanity of other particle effects in the game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lord Error said:
That's when you thrown the grenade into that door, right? Loved that moment, such a good looking explosion.

I was checking if there was still that clipping bug which shows the smoke from the explosion going through the wall.

It's still there.

antiloop said:
Looks to be gimped. Maybe it would be too powerful?

sorry jett, maybe we could shop them a bit to fix it. ;(

Maybe you could adjust and open the valve on the flamethrower, the more you open it, the more powerful the stream is and the faster it'll run out, if you want it to last longer, it'll be less powerful and look like the piss stream that we see now.

AranhaHunter said:
Maybe you could adjust and open the valve on the flamethrower, the more you open it, the more powerful the stream is and the faster it'll run out, if you want it to last longer, it'll be less powerful and look like the piss stream that we see now.

That would make sense and could be really cool.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
AranhaHunter said:

u cant do anything like that in the preview code.

seriously, if GG can't make it look as "hot" as it needs to, I'd rather have it removed completely. perhaps add some fire grenades instead.

gantz85

Banned
recklessmind said:
OK... I miss two things: The grain, and Sev's fucking mohawk. :lol

I can live without the grain (though I really liked it), but dude really needs his old hair back. Probably too late to do because of cutscenes and shit though. Bad call on that change.

I'm pretty sure they're all in-engine, and real-time.

Rikyfree

I like with what they are shooting for with the flame thrower, where its more like napalm than just plain flames, but the stream could use a little boost. Hopefully an easy fix. I was just happy to see the animations from the guys on fire and the effect produced from the flame thrower.

antiloop

TTP said:

seriously, if GG can't make it look as "hot" as it needs to, I'd rather have it removed completely

I sure hope not. Looks like fun with all the helghans on fire and the way the burn look really good.

TTP said:

seriously, if GG can't make it look as "hot" as it needs to, I'd rather have it removed completely. perhaps add some fire grenades instead.

Yeah I was just suggesting a way to tweak it.

jett said:
I had forgotten all about the KZ2 multi beta...dear god I had no idea the difference between multi and SP would be this big.

Yeah I still don't understand why we can't get MP graphics and have split screen or co op, but oh well.

J-Rzez

antiloop said:

Upgrades confirmed. Sorry "downgradeton" people LOL. But seriously, what do some people want here?

33eou8y.jpg

I feel so robbed looking at that picture...

The game is vastly superior visually to every other console shooter, and if you take atmosphere/direction into account, one's opinion that it's the best looking overall package of a shooter anywhere would be hard to dismiss. Then there's the ungodly audio that I can't wait to pour out of my 7.1lpcm rig.

But anyways, the media is so full of shit. They want something new, they got it, now they want to knock it for not being like CoD4/Halo. Seriously, "most" of these "journalists" are jokes. It's a shame it's not MP or exclusive to the other machine, that way these people can gush over it like they really would want to. I mean come on, they took the two best implementations we've experienced in shooter individually, the Class/Hybrid with leveling up, thrown in with in game rotating objects along with those other two, the game is the total package.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
roMonster said:
Maybe, they lack the greasy next-gen look that we're all used too.

And bloom dont forget the next gen bloom effect. :lol

edit: oh crap oh crap, is all of that really in game? oh crap.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
antiloop said:
I sure hope not. Looks like fun with all the helghans on fire and the way the burn look really good.

that's why I suggested the fire 'nade. you get the same effect, without the pissing.

Dante

HOLY SHIT :O

Best graphics ever. Can't believe people are saying God of war 3 is suppose to easily surpass this visually.

WOW.

The new models look way better.

I_D

PuppetMaster said:
You've got it backwards. The ones that say preview code on them WITHOUT the grain is the CURRENT build.

I don't have it backwards.

The new build has better faces (by a mile), better lighting, better textures, better animations, and the list goes on...

However, it also has that weird smear-ish brown look to it, which the previous build didn't have. It's not a *bad* look, but I prefer the crisp look of the previous build.

zeloe326

Man its going to be really hard to tear this game apart with negetive comments about the graphics. You have to be either blind, or dumb to not see this game looks amazing.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Colors matched. Although it's not really fair comparing caps from a 14mbps video to a block 4mbps one.

zodilf.jpg

jr6420.jpg

Raist

Banned
Dante said:
HOLY SHIT :O

Best graphics ever. Can't believe people are saying God of war 3 is suppose to easily surpass this visually.

WOW.

The new models look way better.

Paging Jaffe paging Jaffe

zeloe326 said:
Man its going to be really hard to tear this game apart with negetive comments about the graphics. You have to be either blind, or dumb to not see this game looks amazing.

Or a TXB member

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.php?p=11704444&postcount=404

well after watching the campaign vid a couple times ive noticed that this game looks very different from its tech demo and still shot we've all seen. yeah, yeah, i know EVERY game does, right? well, it just seems alot of the effects are off or downgraded when everything is running, especially in the smoke, explosion, and fire. the AI seems very suspect in almost every area and in most cases it looks worse or equal to a current COD game in terms of reaction and overall intelligence. they seem very slow and sometimes confused to asses a simple situation.

the animations look good and art direction and overall feel of the game seem interesting, but its not enough to pull me towards it. its the same old shoe almost with a fresh coat of paint, the style is unique, but i felt that way about the first KZ
as mentioned above the sound effects seem very weak considering the game's visceral enviroment. i dont mind the reticle that much, but conidering this game takes place 200 years from now....why are the weapons still the same as now? and yeah, ive shot almost every modern rifle there is, including the M4, which seems better than the main scope gun in this game?

multiplayer does look like it could be fun, but im very dissappointed in the single player, and i wasnt expecting very much to begin with

to me, this looks like a game that almost any decent developer could pull off on either system easily, especially considering the time they've had to work on it. it looks good, but nowhere near what we needed to sway most 360 owners over imo.

lol wut? :lol

zeloe326 said:

But, but, but I saw a jaggie! :lol

Graphics 2/10

It'll happen, you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom