• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
mr_nothin said:
Dante and iamcool

Just give it up and let him do his thang. That's his position on neogaf. "Mr Stir-it-up"
He posts certain things at certain times, just to stir the thread up and make the discussion more interesting. Then after he does that, he goes on to state how he really feels and nobody can take him seriously because of what he's said earlier in the thread. It seems like a flip-flop because of how he posts.

Just live with it lol

Haha naah I completely agree with you... I find his posts quite funny due to his earnest desire to be perceived as being above the general tone and form of this thread. Sometimes he gets a bit overbearing and preachy, but hey, who doesnt from time to time?

Also, how much piss does your conscience allow you to take out of someone who has Noel Fielding in his avatar? :lol

Dante

Rez>You said:
I answered that in the very post you quoted. PMs are your friend from here on out, like I told you the last time you took it upon yourself to question my "motives".

That's fair.

you are a fantastic poster.

If you PM your posts, then yeah...I'll Pm my responses back, but If you post publicly, I'll respond publicly. and yeah you can put me on ignore, but I'm pretty sure you'll see it posted in the quotation :)

mr_nothin

Banned
Rez>You said:
I answered that in the very post you quoted. PMs are your friend from here on out, like I told you the last time you took it upon yourself to question my "motives".

That's fair.

you are a fantastic poster.
:D
I know.
I mean, you basically said it yourself dude. I'm just relaying it to him.

gamerecks said:
Anybody see the Maxim review?
McLovin said:
Yes.. look at what they gave other games and you will see its not even worth mentioning.

qnodac.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Private Hoffman said:
Rez, I like you dude. You're welcome here. You genuinely like KZ2 and that's all that matters. You keep discussion interesting :)
cheers :)

TheGreatDave said:
I'm flattered you would remember any of my actions from 2 and a half years ago!
Nah, I just remember you looking to get one a while back when I was heavily invested in my Wii back then. Didn't mean much, your sarcastic quip just caught my eye that's all.

Dante

Rez>You said:
see you guys in the official thread

hooray?

Nobody wants you to leave, I guess I was just questioning why you are not consistent? The RE5 thread as an example. I mean there is a pretty overwhelming positive response to that game as well.

amar212

OK, February issue is out today, so I can post it officially:

GamePlay Magazine (Croatia)
Killzone 2 review

Graphics: 20
Sound: 19
Playability: 19
Longevity: 20
Overall: 20
final score description (roughly translated):
When compared to all other console titles - while on PC Crysis remains only true competitor regarding graphics - Killzone 2 takes every of it's moment to justify it is the first true and pure Next-Gen title in every mean imaginable.

(max score is 20)

img4942a174b2dc5.jpg

Unfortunatly, there is no online review published - print oly - but you can add it to the future databse of scores and such.

BeeDog

amar212 said:

Killzone 2 review

When compared to all other console titles - while on PC Crysis remains only true competitor regarding graphics - Killzone 2 takes every of it's moment to justify it is the first true and pure Next-Gen title in every mean imaginable.

(max score is 20)

http://www.gameplay.hr/uploads/img4942a1ae841e7.jpg

Unfortunatly, there is no online review published - print oly - but you can add it to the future databse of scores and such.

Cool I guess. How have they reviewed other famous/popular games to put this review into a perspective?

amar212 said:

Killzone 2 review

(max score is 20)

img4942a1ae841e7.jpg

Epic Megaton all over my face :lol :lol

Also... What info do they have on Uncharted 2? I have a very soft spot for that game in my heart... It competes with Killzone 2 as my most anticipated game! :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dante said:
Dare I ask.....Why??
to clarify deepbrown borderline started stalking me when he PM'd me about LBP. I explained myself to him and he continued to ignore my points. I told him to leave me alone.

amar212 said:

Killzone 2 review

(max score is 20)

img4942a1ae841e7.jpg

Whoa. I need to get this, for both the Uncharted cover story and the review.

Rez>You said:
to clarify deepbrown borderline started stalking me when he PM'd me about LBP. I explained myself to him and he continued to ignore my points. I told him to leave me alone.

I humbly suggest this issue be dropped asap. This has gone from vaguely hilarious to slightly creepy in the past couple of posts :lol

Nice score!

But I kind of take issue with the "first next gen title" comment, they're right in terms of graphics, which most people use as a measurement of generational leaps. But some things that I would have expected after "other" games this gen and the thing that I hoped for the most was co-op play. Not having it isn't a deal breaker, but it would have been incredibly awesome for playing with friends and getting them interested in the game and system overall.

Another thing is the recording feature that Sony implemented in the SDk which allows users to capture ad upload video of games onto Youtube.

This isn't to say that Guerrila didn't deliver or that something is missing, after all they most likely planned the game from the ground up to be single player, fun and just to work plain and simple.Now that they've gotten accustomed to the hardware and really delivered on all aspects of the game, I think they should go wild on the next Killzone or title and put some great features in with the extra horsepower that they've got left.

I do think though that some reviewers will dock some points especially because of co-op not being in, and they'll say: "Due to a lack of co-op play"...but it's not a lack, it's a design choice and probably occurred early on so it would have bee n pretty hard to implement smoothly.

But what do I care about scores? I just want great games to play. And as long as Guerrila gives me that, I'm set.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
KZ2's graphics are odd like that.

A review scores are an inherently subjective thing, but then can anyone really justify not giving KZ2's graphics a perfect score?

I don't think so, but it would be interesting/funny to see someone try.

hitoshi

My review was released also last Thursday

576 KByte (Hungary)
Killzone 2 review

Graphics: 5 (out of 5)
Playability: 5 (out of 5)
Lasting Appeal: 4 (out of 5)
Music / sounds: 5 (out of 5)

Overall: 9.7 (out of 10)

"Killzone 2 is one of the most gorgeous and atmospheric FPS ever released, surprassing easily everything the PS3 has to offer. It's easily one of the best games of 2009. What will happen with the franchise in the future? We hope that it will be successful, reaching heights of happines never reached before and bringing a real conclusion to the unfinished saga. When and how it will happen? Only God knows - he likes to be called Guerilla Games nowdays"

hitoshi said:

576 KByte (Hungary)
Killzone 2 review

"Killzone 2 is one of the most gorgeous and atmospheric FPS ever released, surprassing easily everything the PS3 has to offer. It's easily one of the best games of 2009. What will happen with the franchise in the future? We hope that it will be successful, reaching heights of happines never reached before and bringing a real conclusion to the unfinished saga. When and how it will happen? Only God knows - he likes to be called Guerilla Games nowdays" [/IMG]
:lol Nice ending comment. Did you get a chance to play through it again at your own pace now that that review at least is done? I remember you mentioning a while back that you had to hurry.

Dante

hitoshi said:

576 KByte (Hungary)
Killzone 2 review

"Killzone 2 is one of the most gorgeous and atmospheric FPS ever released, surprassing easily everything the PS3 has to offer. It's easily one of the best games of 2009. What will happen with the franchise in the future? We hope that it will be successful, reaching heights of happines never reached before and bringing a real conclusion to the unfinished saga. When and how it will happen? Only God knows - he likes to be called Guerilla Games nowdays"

Gotta admit, I'm pretty curious of what you guys gave FEAR 2 as I thought it was utter shit.

And why are all the small pubs the first with reviews?

WinFonda

hitoshi said:

576 KByte (Hungary)
Killzone 2 review

:lol
Awesome

hitoshi

CrushDance said:
:lol Nice ending comment. Did you get a chance to play through it again at your own pace now that that review at least is done? I remember you mentioning a while back that you had to hurry.

Not yet, I'm waiting for the final version to have a huge multiplayer test session, the normal SP playthrough is scheduled after that.

Damn. So, the scores so far are:

5/5, 20/20, 9/10, 9.9, and 9.7???

Gremlin?? This can't be happening?? You told me it wasn't going to score AAA????

Good reviews by the way. I guess the embargo is lifted in europe?

Dante

Private Hoffman said:

Gremlin?? This can't be happening?? You told me it wasn't going to score AAA????

You forgot Maxim!

:p

hitoshi said:
Not yet, I'm waiting for the final version to have a huge multiplayer test session, the normal SP playthrough is scheduled after that.
Ah I see. Well at least you already got a taste :D

Private Hoffman said:

He got banned for a reason you know.:lol

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Private Hoffman said:

Don't forget the 3.5/5 from Maxim!

edit: beaten

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
CrushDance said:
I do think though that some reviewers will dock some points especially because of co-op not being in

Both the single player and the competitive multi player components have so much quality in them that it would be unfair underscore for that "omission". It's not like campaign mode isn't awesome enough. And it's not like CMP mode is bare bones. They are almost at Uncharted and Warhawk levels respectively as far as effort put into them goes. If you get what I mean.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
so have we got direct confirmation of the demo being released in Australia at the same time as Europe, or are we just assuming as much based off of past demos?

TTP said:
Both the single player and the competitive multi player components have so much quality in them that it would be unfair underscore for that "omission". It's not like campaign mode isn't awesome enough. And it's not like CMP mode is bare bones. They are almost at Uncharted and Warhawk levels respectively as far as effort put into them goes. If you get what I mean.
I do. But it will happen, and the ensuing storm will be interesting to watch. I've always found it as almost an insult to developers when a review comments on another games feature and docking the other for not having it.

-Winnie-

Wow... I knew KZ2 would be better received than the previous installments, but this is kinda overwhelming to see such great scores. Congrats to Guerrilla Games for all the success. :D

And about the demo in Australia, there doesn't seem to be a reason that it won't appear on our PSN along with the European one.

-Winnie- said:
Wow... I knew KZ2 would be better received than the previous installments, but this is kinda overwhelming to see such great scores. Congrats to Guerrilla Games for all the success. :D

And about the demo in Australia, there doesn't seem to be a reason that it won't appear on our PSN along with the European one.

GamesRadar is going to have to change their "Most improved sequel EVARRRRR?" title to KILLZONE 2 and not Gears of War 2. :D

deepbrown

Rez>You said:

Lol. That's not how it went. I messaged you with my opinion about the Beta but you were set on it being crap upon release and nothing would change your mind that's all. Now he has a vendetta against my opinion on anything. But I still like him, he just doesn't like him. Australians are my cousins.

Anyway moving on...I've not heard of most of these magazines...BUT maybe that's a good thing. I don't think we should be relegated to listening to the opinions of American "journalists" all the time.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Private Hoffman said:
GamesRadar is going to have to change their "Most improved sequel EVARRRRR?" title to KILLZONE 2 and not Gears of War 2. :D
It's going to be interesting to see what direction they take.

If they give the game a high score, then they will be seen as caving in to the collective pressure of the GAF, if they give the game a low score, they will be seen as biased.

In a way, I feel sorry for them.

Who am I kidding, I can't wait to see those guys burn.

TTP said:
Both the single player and the competitive multi player components ... are almost at Uncharted and Warhawk levels respectively as far as effort put into them goes. If you get what I mean.

Holyshit.gif

Dante

I am kinda curious what some KZ2 fans thought of the FEAR 2 demo, I gotta admit it affected my enjoyment of the demo. I gotta say the animation, weight, and movement of the gun and body are what affected me the most.

I kept hearing nothing but praise for this franchise, easpecially from that one 1up guy.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Baloonatic said:
Do we know what the budget and development time for this game were?

KZ2 is making me seriously jealous of you PS3 owners D:
Buy one, then buy this, MGS4, Uncharted, LBP and Siren.

You won't regret it. ;)

Although not having the expendable cash at the moment would put a damper on such a brilliant plan.

amar212

deepbrown said:
Anyway moving on...I've not heard of most of these magazines...

Well, I can presume you didn't, because GamePlay is strictly Croatian magazine, published on Croatian language, with almost a 10 year tradition (before it was just console magazine, now it's multiplatform, with GP name for last 7 years respectfully).

It has a steady circulation around 20.000, and it's mostly read in Croatia and some neighboring countries that we partially share language with. I can presume it's similar situation with the Hungarian 575 Mag, which is published in Hungarian as I can see.

Also, since Croatia and Hungary are neighboring countries - and we share some very decent pieces of history together (Croatia was a part of Austro-Hungarian Kingdom back in history), I use this opportunity to say hello to Hungarian colleague :D

Rez>You said:
Buy one, then buy this, MGS4, Uncharted, LBP and Siren.

You won't regret it. ;)

I'm saving up as we speak, the number of exclusives I want to play has hit critical mass. I loved Forbidden Siren 1 and 2 so I'm very interested in the PS3 version.

NameIess said:
If the new 50 Cent game is better than SFIV & Killzone 2 I'm done with gaming...
I'm not hating on the 50 Cent game, but come on that's like most games based off movie licenses...

Don't you mean you're done with reading? Why would you stop gaming?

Haunted

Ah, the famous European leaks. :lol

Baloonatic said:
Do we know what the budget and development time for this game were?

KZ2 is making me seriously jealous of you PS3 owners D:
Around 200 million (€ or $, I don't know) and a minimum of 4 years (unveiled 05) last I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom