• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomGyver

In order to have a CANADA GAF Clan, Each and every one of you who are already on the list has to PM me and tell me you want in it. Because I don't remember who is all canadian. I know kitton and a few want to stay in US east and that's fine. But I will need PMs from all of you Canadians.

(I'm guessing there is about 20-25 canadians already on the list)

BruceWayneIII said:
To those who already watched it: does it contain SPOILERS? I have avoided the KZ2 intro and some of the latest SP campaign videos.
No there really isn't too much gameplay most of it we've seen already. They mostly talk about the technology, art design, inspiration, and multiplayer.

Az

DunpealD said:
Which means East/Central is over the limit and Europe is most probably also over the limit by now. But even if we split up East/Central it won't be enough.

As the_prime_mover it sounds logical to split up the teams into a valor oriented clan and non-valor oriented clan. The problem is we don't know to what extend we'll be playing KZ2, yet.

Yea, this needs to be done when Killzone 2 comes out. Or divide it by players interests since some like to play strictly bodycount and others are more into the tactic search and destroy games. I am more of the tactical search and destroy player, and I am tired of COD4 so Killzone will have all of my attention.

ChryZ

DunpealD said:
People are busy with the preparation for the clans. Here are the number of people currently in each division according to the Matchup Thread:

[GAF1] U.S. East/Central: 117
[GAF2] U.S. Pacific/West: 35
[GAF3] Euro GAF: 62
[GAF4] Asia GAF: 2
--------------------------------------
Total: 216

Not too shabby I'd say. Does know where the information about the 64 member limit comes from? The last time I heard of them talking about a limit was, that they wanted to keep it open end.
Numbering in clan tags is pretty much the shittiest thing ever. Don't even consider it.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dante said:
I should prob be on the West coast clan being I'm in Cali :p

Bububut Ima draftin u fer teh east coazt!
angry.gif

Dante

Kittonwy said:
Bububut Ima draftin u fer teh east coazt!
angry.gif

I wanna stay in the East...That clan is by far the most badass :D And well, I am from Jersey. I wish we could all be in one uber clan with sub-divisions.

tfur

BruceWayneIII said:
^ so, it's going to be:

NAGAF
EUGAF
ASGAF

That's...ahem...maybe not going to work for everybody :D

I might suggest to put the gaf first...

GAF_US
GAF_EU
GAF_AS

With the number limits it may need to be something like this for time zones..

GAF_US_C
GAF_US_E

but that may be a bit too much...

A.R.K

Dante said:
I wanna stay in the East...That clan is by far the most badass :D And well, I am from Jersey. I wish we could all be in one uber clan with sub-divisions.

TRAITORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!
angry.gif
angry.gif

We shall have our vengence upon theeeeee
angry.gif

AndyD

aka andydumi
BruceWayneIII said:
^ so, it's going to be:

NAGAF
EUGAF
ASGAF

That's...ahem...maybe not going to work for everybody :D

I think they should start with GAF, so alphabetically they all come together.

GAFA - Asia/Australia
GAFC - Canada
GAF - NA East/Central
GAFE - Europe
GAFW - NA West

tfur said:
I might suggest to put the gaf first...

GAF_US
GAF_EU
GAF_AS

With the number limits it may need to be something like this for time zones..

GAF_US_C
GAF_US_E

but that may be a bit too much...

Don't most games limit the Clan tag to 3/4 characters?

UGAF = EU
WGAF = west coast NA
EGAF = east coast NA
CGAF = Central NA (looks like east will have to be broken up.)

morlock

Septimus said:
I caved and watched the intro... Holy fucking shit! Gave me chills... :D
It sure is nice, although I actually liked the preview-intro showed at CES more with just the awesome music and Cox/Visari at the end. :)

SolidSnakex said:
What does RE5 have to do with KZ2?
The comparison I'm making is that RE5 is a survival action game, which have a history of no multiplayer never mind local multiplayer.
Killzone 2 is a FPS which have a history of both extensive local and and online multiplayer.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
lol, you guys are letting Full Recovery lead/manage the clans? That's a BIG mistake. Dude sucks balls. He's more likely to frag you than fight alongside you.

Zeouterlimits said:
The comparison I'm making is that RE5 is a survival action game, which have a history of no multiplayer never mind local multiplayer.
Killzone 2 is a FPS which have a history of both extensive local and and online multiplayer.

They aren't willing to sacrifice the graphics quality so they aren't going to do it.

Zeouterlimits said:

I still fail to see your point. The didn't put in it there. They focused on a kick ass SP and a kick ass online MP. They even included bots, something not many games do anymore.

People who play LAN game with their friends are a dying breed.

DunpealD

ChryZ said:
Dibs on [GAFY] or [YGAF], for Yurop and other obvious reasons:

zt9d3b.jpg

:lol
Nice insinuation.

We won't be able fit all into one EU clan, if the information is correct, which means we have to think of at least 2 clan names.

Aladuf

Banned
Just watched the opening video. Very awesome.

RSTEIN said:
lol, you guys are letting Full Recovery lead/manage the clans? That's a BIG mistake. Dude sucks balls. He's more likely to frag you than fight alongside you.
:lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom