• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
146zvr.jpg

BOOYAH!

Lince

Banned
for the graphics whores in this forum:

the graphics engine is just plain spectacular... with such huge amount of particles, special effects, texturing and geometry converging at the same time on screen you'd think the framerate would bog down to a crawl in any moment... but this is not the case for Killzone 2, the engine is so much powerful and robust that it can beat any stress test you put it under (the last level in the game will teach you what "amount of different elements on screen" means), locked 30 fps throught the game, be it 2 or 12 enemies firing plenty of bullets and the shells flying about, with lots of ATACs hovering around and grenades and rockets exploding everywhere... this is the most overwhelming technical achievement of the generation.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AranhaHunter said:
Why are you surprised? I remember a Swedish Magazine (can't remember name) giving R1 a 3/10 and R2 9/10 :)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I made a summary.

Keep it rolling!
Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN USA: 9.4
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor (swedish): 10/10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10/10
Eurogamer.es 10/10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5

Doubledex

Banned
Finally Guerilla Games had the right hardware and = best looking console game to date and a "outstanding" game

Good job, guys! Awesome game

skyfinch

All over my face and it's dripping down my chin but what's still on my lips, I'm blowing bubbles with it.

And I don't even own a PS3.

careksims

Lince said:
for the graphics whores in this forum:

the graphics engine is just plain spectacular... with such huge amount of particles, special effects, texturing and geometry converging at the same time on screen you'd think the framerate would bog down to a crawl in any moment... but this is not the case for Killzone 2, the engine is so much powerful and robust that it can beat any stress test you put it under (the last level in the game will teach you what "amount of different elements on screen" means), locked 30 fps throught the game, be it 2 or 12 enemies firing plenty of bullets and the shells flying about, with lots of ATACs hovering around and grenades and rockets exploding everywhere... this is the most overwhelming technical achievement of the generation.

Holy moley! Argh! It makes the wait even more longer XD

AranhaHunter said:

And people say they are not anti PS3...:lol

Resistance even without online co-op delivered one of the most smoothest and cleanest online experience i have ever enjoy,yet Fable 2 is a 10/10..:lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Congrats GG and Sony on the positive reviews. Now, please break street date and get this baby in my hands asap.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ChrisGoldstein said:
Just release the WW demo today and make us climax already!
No stupid demo, kthx.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Seiken said:
Now for the sales...

Was just thinking the same thing, the review scores are only half the battle, look what happened with LBP, although overall sales for the game don't look too bad now it was slow off the starting line, and that was one of last years most highly rated games, in fact as far as I remember it was the highest rated exclusive title of last year. I'm really happy for GG with regards to the scores that are coming in but more than anything considering how much this game must of cost to make I really hope that it sells extremely well.

Arnie

Tormentoso said:
And people say they are not anti PS3...:lol

Resistance even without online co-op delivered one of the most smoothest and cleanest online experience i have ever enjoy,yet Fable 2 is a 10/10..:lol
You really do live up to your tag.

Great scores, congratulations GG!
Can't wait for the 27th got my LE ordered from ShopTO!

ph15h

Neo Member
I'm probably one of the few PS3 owners that won't buy this game =/ I have no doubt in my mind it'll be an atleast decent game, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

careksims said:
Holy moley! Argh! It makes the wait even more longer XD

Makes me wonder since IGN did not gave it 10 in graphics,blaming some technical issues other than FPS what other technical issue can they refer to,since i haven't hear about any screen tearing or something like that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jett said:
GG must be ecstatic

2e4eywi.gif

Can't wait for this game...
Totally offtopic, but yesterday i saw the Dark Knight... now understand that
'Why so serious' quotes all over the place! :lol

hc2

AranhaHunter said:
What did Eurogamer give some other games, for comparison purposes.

I think they bumped Halo 3 up for sentimental reasons, part 3 of the trilogy and all that.

And yet, hype machine aside, cutting through the crap about console wars and the like, what we find in Halo 3 is quite simply this - the best game yet in one of the best FPS franchises of the era. Better than either of its predecessors, Halo 3 still can't quite escape the category of flawed masterpiece - but this time around, the flaws are so minor that even the most churlish of reviewers would be hard pressed to mark the game down.

10/10

Lince

Banned
roMonster said:
Where is that from?--I can't keep with all the reviews.

(Spanish) Meristation.com review, the reviewer is a graphics whore himself, so he took the time to put the engine into every wild stress test only dark10x would think of.

Sin

Happy Killzone 2 is getting the scores it deserves.

Me personally would give it a 9.8 out of 10.

Multiplayer alone will keep me going back to this game for ages.

Props GG for the awesome work. :)

k79

Banned
Goddamn this thread is picking up steam again ... need to read the last 3 pages or so.

Anyhows ... gif-whoring people!!!

2daaeiw.gif

INSANE! that's a theater of war alright oO

editZorz : Wow @ EG review :D

-ARNiE- said:
You really do live up to your tag.

Great scores, congratulations GG!
Can't wait for the 27th got my LE ordered from ShopTO!

Dude i am not complaining about the Killzone 2 score,9 is a damn fine one,is about what they gave to Resistance that one dud quote with a WTF.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Shadow780 said:
Now let's get the ads rolling SCE!

I assume they have let the reviews out this early is so that over the coming weeks they can litter their ads with review scores and quotes. I need to see some Killzone 2 ads in the cinema, it will bring new meaning to the word cinematic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom