• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - New trailer this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Wollan, did you try sending him a PM? Maybe he just missed it in the forums there. More than likely it'll be a no comment regardless.

deepbrown

ChryZ said:
Yeah? How so? If it's press only+embargo=NDA, NDA+spilling the beans=trouble, no?
Well if there's an NDA then I won't. But I might be able to say if I saw something new. Who knows....depends what they tell me there.

Dear Wollan,

Seems like you have failed this time. I've been waiting for this day for a long time. You seem to be the important person on GAF. I have a feeling all that will change now with this little failure assumption of your's.

PS Leave E0N alone.

Edited because of the know it all madman.

TylerPwnsYou1986 said:
Dear Wollan,

Seems like you have failed this time. I've been waiting for this day for a long time. You seem to be the important person on GAF. I have a feeling all that will change now with this little failure assumption of your's.

PS Leave E0D alone.

WTF is this?

Evazan said:
Dont be such a negative nancy LeeRoy.

Ha I am such a damn realist!

Madman

TylerPwnsYou1986 said:
Dear Wollan,

PS Leave E0D alone.
I hope this is a joke post, given the fact the guy's name is E0N and the first words in the OP are:
Wollan said:
Keep your pants on for now. Nothing is confirmed.

TylerPwnsYou1986 said:

Well that post failed at bringing the laugh. Remember man even though you might be typing it with a big grin on your face thinking "OH MAN THIS IS HILARIOUS!" We get no visual feedback from a text message.

THE MORE YOU KNOW! dooon doooon diiiiiing!

But yeah my money is on this is some internet BS.
Sony have shown so far they only want this thing showed in the most high profile way possible and this certainly isnt.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Well that post failed at bringing the laugh. Remember man even though you might be typing it with a big grin on your face thinking "OH MAN THIS IS HILARIOUS!" We get no visual feedback from a text message.

But if my post count was 25,000 you would have known it was a joke right?

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
BruceLeeRoy said:

Practice what you preach!!!! You lacked visual aide.

more_you_know1.jpg

Firewire

Banned
Any idea why there having this thing at Wembley Stadium? Seems like a rather large venue for this event. Must cost an arm & a leg as well.

I think it will be a recut of the old trailer with a few more gameplay segments tossed in, but overall no new footage or area's.

That's what I think anyway.

FirewalkR

msdstc said:
wait wtf... I just noticed they closed up the reveal thread. Why the hell would they do that?!

Sp0rsk got tired of it. Pity, really, if this proves to be a new trailer, it would have doubled the number of posts in it heh.

Firewire said:
But Wembley Stadium?
Well, it doesn't mean it's in the football field area, concert-like... perhaps it's just in some other area inside the stadium.
However, being open to the public, as stated here http://www.play.com/campaign.aspx?campaign=4791&cid=6219706&dpr=0 , I expect they'll need all the space they can get.

Wollan

Both MotherH and E0N have been active today but somehow failed replying to the trailer thread (which is constantly near the top).

Firewire

Banned
FirewalkR said:
Well, it doesn't mean it's in the football field area, concert-like... perhaps it's just in some other area inside the stadium.
However, being open to the public, as stated here http://www.play.com/campaign.aspx?campaign=4791&cid=6219706&dpr=0 , I expect they'll need all the space they can get.

Sounds like this event can have a rather large turnout then. Anyone know if Sony will have an official presence at this event, or is it just individual dev's?

iceatcs

360 view of Great Hall in Wembley Stadium

And the floor plan but it is not from Play.com. It came from the official stadium website for display. It will give you some ideas how big it will be.
Stadium-plan.gif

It should be that location on the ground floor where it is in the front of stadium with arch.
It can hold up to 2000 people, that's why they split for half day ticket.

JimiNutz

Banned
jeremy_ricci said:
I think it will be a recut of the old trailer with a few more gameplay segments tossed in, but overall no new footage or area's.

That's what I think anyway.

I'm trying to remain realistic and am hoping that they at least give us a 'new' trailer set in the same level. It would be cool if they use a more recent build to show off the same level so that we can see if/how the game has progressed since E3.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
FirewalkR said:
Sp0rsk got tired of it. Pity, really, if this proves to be a new trailer, it would have doubled the number of posts in it heh.

Oh cmon. I'll once again make reference to that damn smash brothers thread... they kept that thing open FOREVER so why can't we keep the killzone one open? That was a classic thread.

Wollan said:
Both MotherH and E0N have been active today but somehow failed replying to the trailer thread (which is constantly near the top).

that's gotta mean something good right? Wouldn't they have shot down the rumors?

KZObsessed

Firewire said:
Any idea why there having this thing at Wembley Stadium? Seems like a rather large venue for this event. Must cost an arm & a leg as well.

Well you do have to pay for tickets, so it's not just Play.com footing the whole bill. The publishers probably had to pay for space there too.

KZObsessed

msdstc said:
Oh cmon. I'll once again make reference to that damn smash brothers thread... they kept that thing open FOREVER so why can't we keep the killzone one open? That was a classic thread.

Should be archived, it was legendary.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Firewire said:

http://www.play.com/campaign.aspx?campaign=4791&cid=6219706

£6 for Saturday morning ticket, £6 for Saturday afternoon. Same prices for same times on the Sunday.

I'm actually tempted to go for some reason, considering I get paid on Friday. Anyone know off the top of their head how much plane tickets are between Edinburgh and London?

xaosslug

Souldriver said:
Lets hope so. Gaf exploding is always nice. :)

OMG trailer ---> OMG reactions ---> No way this is real-time ---> Yeah it is --->
py4iu.gif
---> 30 page bitch fight ---> conclusion: OMG trailer!!! --->
py4iu.gif

fix't.

andycapps

Interesting that they're both avoiding that thread. If you don't get a PM back, that's confirmation. Whenever I've PM'd either of them, they've been pretty prompt at either saying no comment or telling me what the deal was.

BruceLeeRoy said:

Gotta love that internet sarcasm.

Wollan

Some rumblings.

www.killzone.com now connects up to your PSN account as of just now.

Motherh & E0N, online several times a day on the forums still avoid every thread speculating about the potential new trailer this weekend...

KZ2PSNOMG.jpg

JimiNutz

Banned
OMG new trailer is coming and they're asking you to link your PSN account in preparation for the beta:D

please be true

andycapps

Wollan said:
Some rumblings.

www.killzone.com now connects up to your PSN account as of just now.

Motherh & E0N, online several times a day on the forums still avoid every thread speculating about the potential new trailer this weekend...

KZ2PSNOMG.jpg

Very interesting. I linked my accounts, here's hoping for something big to come out of this.

Wollan

While a PS Underground/GAP account or alternatives are probably the most likely places to get a chance to join a future KZ2 Beta, I don't think it could hurt exactly to sign up here for those interested.

nib95

Banned
I think it is a BETA. I linked my PSN, they have favourite map/weapon details and everything. For what game? I'm guessing killzone 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom