• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - Re-Emergence Thread May 2008 - HD gameplay footage up

Wollan

featured_image_playstation_day_2008.jpg
newkz2logo-1.jpg

Killzone 2 @ PlayStation Day, London May 6th 2008

INTRODUCTION PRE RE-EMERGENCE

The last build the public witnessed was from E3 07 (which also made an appearance shortly after at Leipzig). It's been quiet ever since.

Well. It's time again. Killzone 2 is fully playable for the press at PlayStation Day in London on May 6th. It's a totally new level from recent code.
After 10 months(!) of waiting it's finally time to take another look. As always, this OP will continuously be updated with the latest info.

RE-EMERGENCE

Updated Info

New release date: February 2009

New level, Corinth River, was playable at show.
People were walking around in Helghast uniforms.
LittleBigPlanet has Helghast sackboys.
More than 20 weapons confirmed.
In the Attract mode video you can see small glimpse of player using a tank.
'Online is very very strong' Dev said in E3 EGM mag.

• Killzone Lore @ Redesigned official website
• TTP Impressions @ NeoGAF
• m0dus Custom Avatar Resource
• Lots of NeoGAF GIF Captures

zbugx.gif
dvonir.gif

killzone-smoke.gif

Media

• July (pre E3) 1UP Exclusive 3+min 720p gameplay

• DIRECT FEED 720p Trailer @ Gamersyde
• Great Quality 4min Video (Stream) @ JeuxVIDEO.TV
• Great Quality 4min Video (Download) @ JeuxVIDEO.TV
• 720p Gameplay Video @ Gamersyde
• Direct Feed LittleBigKillzone @ Gamersyde
• High res Gameplay footage #1 @ Gamersyde
• High res Gameplay footage #2 @ Gamersyde
• Attract mode video looping @ Gamersyde
• 12min Gameplay Video @ Jeux-France Slooow.
• Streaming Gameplay Video @ tv.multiplayer.it
• Screens @ IGN

67b66ceefc.jpg

vlcsnap-9702244.jpg

kz2d.jpg

vlcsnap-9705088.jpg

KZ1201.jpg

helgh11.jpg

psday08_01.jpg

• Eurogamer Hands-on Impressions
• Gamespot Hands-on Impressions
• IGN preview
• Important guy assigned to AI
• Official E3 2007 Reveal Thread
• Killzone 2 @ Leipzig Resource Thread
• www.killzone.com (Totally redesigned, July)
• http://www.guerrilla-games.com/ (Company Website)

KZFooter.gif

eznark

Banned
I never played the first one but the reviews don't seem that impressive. What is it that makes this game have such a rabid following?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
February, hmmm. I guess Resistance 2 gets the FPS audience all to itself this holiday.

JayDub

Hey Wollan, I was back in IGN a long time ago when there was a guy named E. Wollan who started the "Kin (Hype/Speculation" thread. I remember that a lot of the hype originated from there, are you the same guy? That thread was huge and created the Halo-killer title for KZ.

Guileless said:
February, hmmm. I guess Resistance 2 gets the FPS audience all to itself this holiday.

It only makes sense -- why have two games from the same company compete against each other when you can release the more hyped title (KZ) later next year when it doesnt need a holiday release for it to gain maximum sales?

Resistance, while it has a devoted following, isn't garnering the same attention that KZ is getting.

Darkpen

Banned
what was with the audio warping midway through the video?

Also: despite video artifacting, and the lame ass opening, the explosion effects were pretty sweet from what I could tell. Animations are amazing.

eznark said:
I never played the first one but the reviews don't seem that impressive. What is it that makes this game have such a rabid following?

Three things.

1. Some liked KZ1 anyway

sony_playstation_logo.jpg

3. This one looks absolutely fantastic. At least visually. Gameplay today by the sounds of it!

Dali

Holy crap! Gamevideo doesn't look so much like ass anymore. Wish it would load the trailer, though.

kbear

Still the best looking console game this gen, despite the terrible quality trailer. I love all the shit going on in the sky... really adds to the atmosphere.

2009? WTF!!! Insomniac can make 3 good looking PS3 games before these guys can finish 1? I'll still buy it but im losing any hope/interest for this game. MGS4 and Gears!!!

Kyoufu

tigeroreilly said:
2009? WTF!!! Insomniac can make 3 good looking PS3 games before these guys can finish 1? I'll still buy it but im losing any hope/interest for this game. MGS4 and Gears!!!

To be fair, KZ2 is on a whole other level of wowness. I don't mind the delay now. We have R2 for our FPS needs until February.

And yeah, still the FPS of this gen. I expect positive hands-on impressions.

KZObsessed

Terrible quality trailer, we need a HD one ASAP. Get on it Sony.

But despite the poor quality footage the game still looks unbelievable. I still can't believe a console game looks that good. The animations and the way the enemies react floor me everytime.

JayDub

FFObsessed said:
Terrible quality trailer, we need a HD one ASAP. Get on it Sony.

But despite the poor quality footage the game still looks unbelievable. I still can't believe a console game looks that good. The animations and the way the enemies react floor me everytime.

Its amazing, all the animations help to immerse. People helping others get off the floor, soldiers actually responding to getting shot, explosions that look awesome. If the quality of the textures and colors don't get through in the low-quality video (and they dont), than the animations compensates until the HD video is released.

Top Bottom