• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
TTP said:
The viewing angle part is kinda bullshit and unrelated to display panel quality. Of course the 3D effect goes "off" if you place yourself in a different position since perspective doesn't change (you see from the side what is actually recorded from the front). This is not an issue with 2D since there is no depth at all.

Imagine looking through a window, then moving to the side and seeing the very same thing, even perspective-wise. You brain goes "wtf?"

"Ghost" issue has nothing to do with angle either. It's cross-talking, and occurs when left and right image overlap due to hi-latency of a display.


strap a PS Move to your head and you could change the viewpoint as you move your head too. Like that MIT guy did with the reverse wiimote thing.

That'd be fantastic combined with 3D.
 

Shred0r

Banned
...with a preview on KZ3 and there is a rocket launcher depicted in several setup variations (as far as i can make out of it). So this could be an indication that the weapons in KZ3 might be upgradable, at least for the multiplayer part (as an unlockable upgrade).
Not sure if that has already been mentioned...

I would appreciate it as it would add more variation to the game but on the other side could also harm the multiplayer part when some weapon+upgrade mixes cause some balance issues due to being overpowered and what not (but i have faith in GG). I guess if there will be any weapon upgrades there will be weapon class specific to avoid balancing issues. Sometimes too many weapons at your disposal just could harm the overall gaming experience. How i would imagine it: Basic rocket Launcher with only one powerful rocket emission. A mod/upgrade would make a triple-launcher out of it that fires 3 less powerfull rockets at one time that can cover a bigger target area. So, that way the player could adopt the weapons to his needs or what the current battle situation demands...
I would be a welcome upgrade to the "standard" weapons system of KZ2. BFBC2 says hello.
 
Shred0r said:
...with a preview on KZ3 and there is a rocket launcher depicted in several setup variations (as far as i can make out of it). So this could be an indication that the weapons in KZ3 might be upgradable, at least for the multiplayer part (as an unlockable upgrade).
Not sure if that has already been mentioned...

Orly?

Edit: Just saw it and says "WASP" underneath it. I'm not sure it shows the reload process or different variations. Interesting enough.
 

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
banKai said:
sorry to ask this old question, but what about burn-in on the current plasma tvs?

It's not just the burn-in. AFAIK plasma displays lose brightness over time.
 

Sethos

Banned
I had my Plasma for over 3 years now and haven't had a single burn-in, only slight temporary image retention and as for the brightness, it's still as clear and bright as the day I bought it.

Buy quality.
 
Acid08 said:
Can't wait to play this but FUCK 3D.

why? you dont appreciate extra additional features that interest others? this 3D hate is really unjustified and most likely due to being misinformed.

TTP said:
It's not just the burn-in. AFAIK plasma displays lose brightness over time.
IIRC over time the phosphorus gas that creates colored light "degrades", but quality televisions may take over 5 years to notice a difference.
 

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sethos said:
I had my Plasma for over 3 years now and haven't had a single burn-in, only slight temporary image retention and as for the brightness, it's still as clear and bright as the day I bought it.

Buy quality.


I might, if Panasonic saw fit to release one <50" in the UK
 

KTallguy

Banned
Yoboman said:
That combined with 3D would be quite interesting. Would be useful to peak around corners and such

That kind of stuff has already been in arcades for almost 10 years. It's kind of cool for a bit, but it gets annoying after a while. Also if the detection fucks up mid-way it's really frustrating. Haven't any of you ever played that Japanese police cop game in the arcades? Do you want to be doing that at home?
 

Yoboman

Member
KTallguy said:
That kind of stuff has already been in arcades for almost 10 years. It's kind of cool for a bit, but it gets annoying after a while. Also if the detection fucks up mid-way it's really frustrating. Haven't any of you ever played that Japanese police cop game in the arcades? Do you want to be doing that at home?
Well I'd assume it an optional alternative to simply popping out from cover and firing
 

pixelbox

Member
rockets seem to be part of the old design model in killzone 2 when it had tanks, maybe vehicles will make a return. dibs on the jetbike!
 

Raist

Banned
KZObsessed said:
Rocket launchers return in KZ3 multiplayer? sigh

edit: if it's the WASP, I doubt that will be included in MP somehow :p

Well, if there are verhicles in MP, they're probably gonna include the WASP as well...
 

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
TTP said:
It's not just the burn-in. AFAIK plasma displays lose brightness over time.
It takes many years for this happen with TVs sold nowadays.

Burn in is also a complete non-issue with Panasonic plasmas (ironically, my PC monitors at work, Dell LCDs, developed permanent burn in for whatever reason...), so I think since they have better 3D display capabilities as confirmed all over the place, plus generally better color quality and natural look of picture, they are a logical choice now even more so than before - unless you happen to need to use a TV as a huge PC monitor, a task for which plasmas are not so good.
 

pixelbox

Member
Raist said:
Well, if there are verhicles in MP, they're probably gonna include the WASP as well...
Redundancy. Anywho if this site is the least bit accurate " http://www.gameguru.in/general/2009/04/what-to-expect-with-the-next-guerrilla-games-engine/ ", one can only assume they will be using those extra polys for bigger environments. As i posted before, the engine can render sev's model without resorting to a deferent one in 1st person as showed when sev kicked. Previews also confirmed bigger levels so vehicles will be in mp. It's just how and what balancing acts are they will to perform. And i wonder if cover is in there?
 

Varth

Member
Dubbedinenglish said:
Orly?

Edit: Just saw it and says "WASP" underneath it. I'm not sure it shows the reload process or different variations. Interesting enough.

I guess it refers to the dual fire mode of this particular weapon. First one is basically the Javelin (lock on, high arc and strike from above, good for tanks). Second one is a swarm of small missiles. Event demo had a section specifically to present it.
 
TTP said:
The viewing angle part is kinda bullshit and unrelated to display panel quality. Of course the 3D effect goes "off" if you place yourself in a different position since perspective doesn't change (you see from the side what is actually recorded from the front). This is not an issue with 2D since there is no depth at all.

Imagine looking through a window, then moving to the side and seeing the very same thing, even perspective-wise. You brain goes "wtf?"

"Ghost" issue has nothing to do with angle either. It's cross-talking, and occurs when left and right image overlap due to hi-latency of a display.

Doesn't matter what causes it. If it doesn't work, fuck it. I'll let the tools jizz about it on the forums and wait until the tech is eventually polished enough to consider it. And then probably only come to the conclusion that the tech still has it's flaws and that initial reports reports didn't equal the experience I will be having with it.
 
TheFatOne said:
Yea I can't wait to see the perfectly balanced vehicles in K3 multiplayer.
Hopefully they do a MP beta for help with seeing what is balanced out in the wild, In halo reach for example they changed how vehicles take and deal damage quite a bit from halo 3 and it made them worse, they all felt like they were made out of cardboard.
 
Diablohead said:
Hopefully they do a MP beta for help with seeing what is balanced out in the wild, In halo reach for example they changed how vehicles take and deal damage quite a bit from halo 3 and it made them worse, they all felt like they were made out of cardboard.

They did a beta for KZ2, so I expect them to do the same with KZ3. Especially if the multiplayer is more complicated (e.g. more classes and/or addition of vehicles), since balancing would be much more difficult than KZ2.
 

Click

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:
They did a beta for KZ2, so I expect them to do the same with KZ3. Especially if the multiplayer is more complicated (e.g. more classes and/or addition of vehicles), since balancing would be much more difficult than KZ2.

Maybe this time, GG will listen to the beta testers and actually properly balance the MP.

KZ2 MP was a really fun game but the classes, weapons and even maps were imbalanced.
The class imbalance was the worst though.
 

AndyD

aka andydumi
Click said:
Maybe this time, GG will listen to the beta testers and actually properly balance the MP.

KZ2 MP was a really fun game but the classes, weapons and even maps were imbalanced.
The class imbalance was the worst though.

I think taking out or controlling the rocket launcher would have made a huge difference. Other than rocket spam, it played very well for me.
 

Nizz

Member
Is it just me or does the FOV seem wider in this game? From that off screen footage, it seems like the view's not as tight as in K2.
 

Click

Banned
AndyD said:
I think taking out or controlling the rocket launcher would have made a huge difference. Other than rocket spam, it played very well for me.

Must I refer you to that gigantic post I wrote 3 or 4 months after release?

I know I've been posting it over and over and it may be annoying for some people to see / read, but it's a good reminder of how fucked up KZ2 MP was. GG might have patched a lot of the things I wrote about later on (at least I hope they did), but at the time, KZ2 MP was extremely flawed. I just hope they learned from their mistakes and improve everything in KZ3.
 

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
purple cobra said:
Is it just me or does the FOV seem wider in this game? From that off screen footage, it seems like the view's not as tight as in K2.
Bigger environment equals needed change.
 

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
http://www.toysonfire.com/killzone-action-figure-series-1-set-of-2.html

Saw it on www.amiami.jp as well; should appear at other places which sell figures I think.

 

Schrade

Member
Those are so bought. I'm not usually one who buys stuff like that but for Killzone 2, I'll make an exception. Especially because they are badass Helghasts.
 
Click said:
Must I refer you to that gigantic post I wrote 3 or 4 months after release?

I know I've been posting it over and over and it may be annoying for some people to see / read, but it's a good reminder of how fucked up KZ2 MP was. GG might have patched a lot of the things I wrote about later on (at least I hope they did), but at the time, KZ2 MP was extremely flawed. I just hope they learned from their mistakes and improve everything in KZ3.
Let's just say that I think you're being massively nitpicky with most of the stuff you've written there (and that's not including the many things that GG did patch later on), but I still think that that post as a whole was a good thing. I'm willing to bet that they've read through it and noted down at least some of it; hopefully they'll incorporate that into KZ3.

Got a feeling they might be going for the "bigger is better" approach though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom