• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
IGN is such a waste of online space. Today I find this article on their site about the top 10 things they want to see improved in the game.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1093756p1.html

What's the point of making an article like this when all the shit they listed is already known to be being worked on. Better 3D, less cursing, more story, better controls, more varied environments. Where's IGN been for the last week.

IGN should have read my posts regarding KZ2's MP flaws, and paraphrased what I said, if they wanted some hits.

patsu said:
I don't know how Insomniac will perform in the future, but RFOM is right up there as one of the best PS3 titles. If the GAF clan played it continuously for close to 2 years every day, it means we liked it. ^_^

If you can't appreciate the title, then so be it. R&C is a very fun franchise too. If you prefer something else, then by all means go buy other games, but there is no reason to berate Insomniac, or people who enjoy the games.

Even if they fail at a future title, it does not imply RFOM is a bad game. :lol

It's pretty obvious that he's a troll, trolling in a thread that's not even about the developer he's trying to troll. :lol

Violater

Man as for swearing in games, I played conviction this weekend, and the enemies swearing for every single issue was just laughable.

Mr_Brit said:
What's so funny? Name a game with better AI.

People can fault Halo for a lot of things but AI is definitely not one of them.

Halo, Half Life and KZ easily have the best AI systems of any fps I have played.

mr_nothin

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:

Halo, Half Life and KZ easily have the best AI systems of any fps I have played.
Add the 1st FEAR to that list. Cant forget about FEAR =]

roMonster

BruceLeeRoy said:

Not that it matters but I think the AI in the Half Life series is largely scripted.

roMonster said:
Not that it matters but I think the AI in the Half Life series is largely scripted.

I always thought the combine did a excellent job of setting you up for flanking patterns.
And yeah Fear is another great one.

BeeDog

Half-Life 2 has insanely bad AI and shouldn't even be mentioned along the other games listed above. :p

/continues replaying HL2 with the newly added HDR

SoulClap

_dementia said:
thanks for the response i'll play around with it and see what works

Does your receiver support Audyssey by any chance? The weak mix combined with the center channel being set low after Audyssey calibration could be the reason you're having trouble hearing the dialogue.

-viper-

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
IGN is such a waste of online space. Today I find this article on their site about the top 10 things they want to see improved in the game.

What's the point of making an article like this when all the shit they listed is already known to be being worked on. Better 3D, less cursing, more story, better controls, more varied environments. Where's IGN been for the last week.
Dumb article is dumb.

Guerilla are already addressing 9 out of 10 points in this article.

GamePro article:
The Helghast's written language isn't a load of nonsense, as you might suspect. The team created an entire alphabet for the Helghast, and you could actually learn it if you were so inclined. (74)

I'm not the only one who's going to do this, right? . . . Right?
this is coming from someone who is self taught in Al Bhed *shame*

mr_nothin

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:

This is why:

IGN said:
There you have it. The top things we hope to see included in Killzone 3 when the final game ships. If any of these ideas happen to feature in the finished product, send all thank you mail to the IGN inbox, complete with donations. We accept cheque, Paypal or cold, hard cash.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
The Dean Takahashi on Killzone 3d.

I would agree with that — but only when 3D TV works flawlessly. The visuals I saw last night were not finished, and Hulst said they are still early in development. The imagery did not live up to the billing because 3D TV adds secondary images known as ghosts when you are not perfectly aligned with the screen. When you’re playing a game and moving around, it’s pretty hard to stay in the perfect position. Clearly, Sony is pushing this technology hard because it is something that neither Microsoft nor Nintendo is focusing on; if it’s done right, it can differentiate Sony’s games from the pack.

http://games.venturebeat.com/2010/05/27/sonys-halo-killer-killzone-3-looks-outstanding-but-3d-tv-gaming-is-still-underwhelming/#disqus_thread

Crosstalk and limited viewing angle is the fault of the LCD screen.

From Consumer Reports on Plasma 3d.

When viewing 3D content, the TV was absolutely free from crosstalk, with sharp, clean edges on objects in scenes. Also, the set’s virtually unlimited viewing angle with regular high-def programs held true with the 3D content we played, so even those viewing the screen from an angle could see a great picture. Also, there was no change in the picture if the 3D glasses were tilted sideways, unlike the LCD sets.

Consumer Reports

TVs aren't created equal. Some have better performance in certain areas. When it comes to 3d Plasma, they'll reign over 3d LCD at least for the foreseeable future with better viewing angles and less crosstalk.

KZObsessed

major_killjoy said:
GamePro article:

I'm not the only one who's going to do this, right? . . . Right?
this is coming from someone who is self taught in Al Bhed *shame*

This time next year I'll be posting exclusively in Helghan -_-

June 1st today, original embargo... any chance of a trailer or are they waiting for E3?

Rikyfree

KZObsessed said:
This time next year I'll be posting exclusively in Helghan -_-

June 1st today, original embargo... any chance of a trailer or are they waiting for E3?
June 11. Or rather late June 11 early June 12. Basically whenever the Gametrailers special is.

Click

Banned
Rikyfree said:
June 11. Or rather late June 11 early June 12. Basically whenever the Gametrailers special is.

That's going to be a sweet week.
FIFA World Cup starts and E3.

drooling_homer.png

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
geoffkeighley

The only place to see the world gameplay premiere of KILLZONE 3 is on Spike's Pre-E3 Special, Friday June 11th at 11. less than 20 seconds ago via Power Twitter

Xater

Kagari said:
geoffkeighley

The only place to see the world gameplay premiere of KILLZONE 3 is on Spike's Pre-E3 Special, Friday June 11th at 11. less than 20 seconds ago via Power Twitter

All I am going to say: Don't get your hopes up for too much. It will probably be very short or a render trailer. The real deal will come at E3. It's always the same with GTTV.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Xater said:
All I am going to say: Don't get your hopes up for too much. It will probably be very short or a render trailer. The real deal will come at E3. It's always the same with GTTV.
Good point. Keep expectations in check people.
Still kinda hyped though lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kagari said:
geoffkeighley

Less than 20 seconds is also likely to be the total running time of the footage.

spats

JaseC said:
Less than 20 seconds is also likely to be the total running time of the footage.

I'd actually be happy with them not showing the entire damn game before releasing it. KZ2 was kinda spoiled for me like this.

Kagari said:
geoffkeighley

. . . I'm seriously considering skipping my graduation for this.

Brimstone said:

I would agree with that — but only when 3D TV works flawlessly. The visuals I saw last night were not finished, and Hulst said they are still early in development. The imagery did not live up to the billing because 3D TV adds secondary images known as ghosts when you are not perfectly aligned with the screen. When you’re playing a game and moving around, it’s pretty hard to stay in the perfect position. Clearly, Sony is pushing this technology hard because it is something that neither Microsoft nor Nintendo is focusing on; if it’s done right, it can differentiate Sony’s games from the pack.

http://games.venturebeat.com/2010/05/27/sonys-halo-killer-killzone-3-looks-outstanding-but-3d-tv-gaming-is-still-underwhelming/#disqus_thread

I'd say the same thing about 30fps gaming in general. Final Fantasy XIII is almost impossible to play due to the double imaging I get when rotating the camera, all thanks to developers running games at 30fps on a 60+hz display

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Brimstone said:

The viewing angle part is kinda bullshit and unrelated to display panel quality. Of course the 3D effect goes "off" if you place yourself in a different position since perspective doesn't change (you see from the side what is actually recorded from the front). This is not an issue with 2D since there is no depth at all.

Imagine looking through a window, then moving to the side and seeing the very same thing, even perspective-wise. You brain goes "wtf?"

"Ghost" issue has nothing to do with angle either. It's cross-talking, and occurs when left and right image overlap due to hi-latency of a display.

JardeL

Xater said:
Yeah , no need to be excited about this trailer. Because it'll based on Pre-Alpha code.

RavenFox

Banned
TTP said:
The viewing angle part is kinda bullshit and unrelated to display panel quality. Of course the 3D effect goes "off" if you place yourself in a different position since perspective doesn't change (you see from the side what is actually recorded from the front). This is not an issue with 2D since there is no depth at all.

Imagine looking through a window, then moving to the side and seeing the very same thing, even perspective-wise. You brain goes "wtf?"

"Ghost" issue has nothing to do with angle either. It's cross-talking, and occurs when left and right image overlap due to hi-latency of a display.
Someone needs to send this out to all the morons.

Lagspike_exe said:
I'm a huge Killzone fan and everything, but don't do this, please don't. :lol

I really didn't mind uni sending the diploma through the mail, but I thought about it for a good hour and scrapped the idea. It was a close call though.

JardeL

Lagspike_exe said:
The E3 2007 trailer was pre-alpha as well and it blew everyone away.
But unlike E3 2007, we have KZ2 , a masterpiece, now so Pre-Alpha KZ3 is not gonna blow away the majority imo.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
TTP said:

Not only high latency (slow gray to gray response), but also line by line scanning.

Active Matrix LCD = line by line scanning
Active Matrix OLED = line by line scanning

The Samsung 3d LCD features double line scanning where two rows of pixels are addressed at the same time. This is to help reduce crosstalk.

TTP said:
The viewing angle part is kinda bullshit and unrelated to display panel quality. Of course the 3D effect goes "off" if you place yourself in a different position since perspective doesn't change (you see from the side what is actually recorded from the front).

The viewing angle on LCD ends up being less forgiving because the image gets internally polarized on the LCD panel, then a second time on the LCD shutter glasses.

A plasma doesn't polarize internally, so only the LCD shutter glasses do it. There is no polarization stacked upon polarization.

At least thats how I currently understand things.

JB1981

so basically if you're going 3D, go plasma. I saw the Panny plasma and saw no ghosting at all. in fact, they fixed the phosphor lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom