• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

firen

spats said:
People are getting desperate for some video! Oh and KZ2's music is sublime.

True. After seeing this I would love an animated comic fleshing out the KZ universe. Maybe something to keep us busy while we wait.

Click

Banned
Yeah that dude did a pretty good job with that video.

Those figures are kinda expensive for what they are.
I wish HOT TOYS would make some KZ figures...

iceatcs

Such a teaser. Look like there will be number different of melee combat depend where what's position you on, like Uncharted.

Are we going to see some before E3, was it GTTV pre-E3 show?

BeeDog

spats said:
Who's Beardy McScruffins though? Can't be Sev, can it?

The shot of the character at 00:20 sure looks like Sev, but the other shots... not really.

Though I wonder what this teaser implies. It obviously shows off the focus on close combat, but does the end indicate that you'll infiltrate the Helghans in some form?

Dressing up as Helghast confirmed? Could be an epic stealth mission followed by sabotaging maybe another nuke attack, then battling your way out once they discover an intruder has ruined their nuclear plans?

Dever

Banned
spats said:
Who's Beardy McScruffins though? Can't be Sev, can it?

It could totally be Sev, I think the model we saw in the earlier screens was the KZ2 model. Soo... I doubt whoever that dude was is joining the Helghast as he's killing them, but maybe you get to disguise yourself as a helghast in the game? Or maybe it's teasing a Helghast campaign(yes please)?

shadowsdarknes said:
Dressing up as Helghast confirmed? Could be an epic stealth mission followed by sabotaging maybe another nuke attack, then battling your way out once they discover an intruder has ruined their nuclear plans?

No, Sev switches to the other side.

So awesome!

2l95eaf.png

Someone needs to make this the new gtfo.gif

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Metalmurphy said:
So awesome!

http://i50.tinypic.com/2l95eaf.png[IMG]

Someone needs to make this the new gtfo.gif[/QUOTE]
that picture is like what happened when doombringer got banned. :lol

magicaltrevor said:
I don't know, I was just messing around...

Though he could realize that he's actually fighting on the wrong side. :p

Since when has he been fighting on the wrong side?
I doubt they will try to make Helghans good since in KZ2 they pretty much compared them to Nazis. I doubt that in KZ3 they will say, "wait, they are actually good Nazis!"

Kos Luftar said:
Since when has he been fighting on the wrong side?
I doubt they will try to make Helghans good since in KZ2 they pretty much compared them to Nazis. I doubt that in KZ3 they will say, "wait, they are actually good Nazis!"

The the story in Killzone 2 was presented from the eyes of the ISA. They could quite easilly make us feel sympathetic in Killzone 3 to the Helghans. After I read the backstory on the Killzone website about the orgins of the Helghast I came away feeling pretty sorry for them.

An easy way to achieve this would be to show Helghast family life. In many shooters they just glance over the fact that every person you put a bullet in has a family, had a childhood etc. You can still present that in a shooter and still have it be a brutal war.

An example of this would be epic poetry such as The Iliad or The Aeneid. When people of significance or someone interesting dies in those works we get an insight into that person. I remember one striking peice from The Aeneid where we follow an arrow through the air and through the various layers of a young mans armour. As this happens we are told that his mother lovingly sat there and wove some of the layers herself, that the man came from a small town and enjoyed playing by the river in his childhood. We still read about him dying and his blood soaking through the various layers of his armour.

I'm not saying every character should get something like that, but maybe some of the significant characters should get very fleeting flashbacks just before they die. You've shot them to peices, you are still killing them with the brutal melee system, but you get an insight on what it was like to be the victim. Thats one way of introducing the humanity of these people and seeing behind the mask.

God of War III did
something interesting with first person kills. In those we get an insight on how brutal Kratos is
. I'd like something like that taken further in other video games.

Think of a boss battle and the behind the bullet vignette. You fight the boss as normal but the last bullet you fire we follow through the air and make contact with the boss. As he stumbles and falls, clutching the wounded part of his body, we get a brief flashback of something that shaped who he is.

Dever

Banned
°°ToMmY°° said:
in the teaser on sev's uniform the ISA logo looks different, like there's to bones under it making it resemble a pirate logo.

Whoa, you're right. What the hell is going on in that teaser? :lol

2a0jqms.jpg

Or was it like that before?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The best thing is - there's a possibility that this teaser is indeed realtime. Done in a similar way as their "Bullet" TV commercial / interactive demo. Face at the end gives it away mostly.

If so, DOF, particles and lighting in this are asolutely insane, and yeah music is like Massive Attack at their best. Really good stuff.

Lord Error said:
The best thing is - there's a possibility that this teaser is indeed realtime. Done in a similar way as their "Bullet" TV commercial / interactive demo.

Not a chance due to the water splashes. The models look to be in-game ones though.

Yoboman

Dever said:
Whoa, you're right. What the hell is going on in that teaser? :lol
They said the story is going to be like Inglorious Basterds

Perhaps Guerrilla are living up to their name and making us into Guerrillas

KingDizzi

Banned
Yeah totally got a stealth vibe frmm that, awesome if we have a level where you wear Helghast uniform and take them out from the inside. :D

Metalmurphy said:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2l95eaf.png

Someone needs to make this the new gtfo.gif

I'm refreshing...and not seeing....

sidenote: what's a good program to edit/create .gifs on? I have final cut pro right here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom