• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

T'Zariah

Banned
One thing I hope they improve on is this: Throughout the entirety of playing Killzone 2 you were fighting Helghast and what not, but you never felt as badass as they were.

Just a random observation. :lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
KZ2
audooj.gif

KZ3
dqheo0.jpg

That's the best I could find for recoil comparisons. And man, the vid on PSN is ugggly low res. The new crosshair needs to go as well.

KZObsessed

You can see your legs while on the jetpack, can see your legs while you're on foot?

edit: lol at the drowning at the end, great vids.

On the gamespot video it said that you meet up with Rico on this 4th level, so he isn't with you through the beginning few levels. Makes sense considering the begining of the E3 trailer with Sev walking through the snow alone. Doesn't make the chances for co-op too high, unless Natko or some grunt just magically appears next to you when playing in co-op.

I'm expecting one of those co-op separate campaigns/missions instead.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
alr1ghtstart said:
KZ2
http://s6.tinypic.com/audooj.gif[IMG]

KZ3
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/dqheo0.jpg[IMG]

That's the best I could find for recoil comparisons. And man, the vid on PSN is ugggly low res. The new crosshair needs to go as well.[/QUOTE]
That preview build .gif is always used for these comparisons even though the recoil was toned down from that in the final build. The recoil in KZ3 looks almost identical to what it was in KZ2.

KZObsessed

alr1ghtstart said:
KZ2
http://s6.tinypic.com/audooj.gif

KZ3
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/dqheo0.jpg

That's the best I could find for recoil comparisons. And man, the vid on PSN is ugggly low res. The new crosshair needs to go as well.[/QUOTE]

Spread definitely reduced, no doubt about that. The difference in size of the crosshair is incredibly telling. The KZ3 one just doesn't expand. :S

JB1981

KZObsessed said:
Spread definitely reduced, no doubt about that. The difference in size of the crosshair is incredibly telling. The KZ3 one just doesn't expand. :S

Exactly! Point and shoot all day. CODified. You don't even need to use your iron sights.

KZObsessed

JB1981 said:
Exactly! Point and shoot all day. CODified. You don't even need to use your iron sights.

Well, CoD is the opposite really, you nearly always have to aim down the sights in that game. But looking at some ADS footage the recoil in KZ3 seems to have been reduced there too, so yeah that's more like CoD.

Loudninja

JB1981 said:
You looking at soemthing thats 8 months away its not a finish prouduct ok?You have no idea what they were doing for this demo.This is the reaons why devs dont wnat to show games this ealry anymore people always take it as the final product.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
alr1ghtstart said:
just going by memory, this is toned way down from KZ2 retail

http://s6.tinypic.com/xkpxzd.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
That one looks does look a lot more toned down. That .gif was from the preview event, right? Maybe they're still playing with the amount of recoil? Personally I think it would be good if they lowered the health of Helghast just a bit from KZ2 and added a bit more recoil. That way they could still be the longer enemy encounters and would still show off the hit animations but it would feel a bit more natural.

JB1981

I want them to widen the field of view and tone down the blur. First game gives me tunnel vision. I constantly run into walls and feel like I have an extremely limited view as a player.

KZObsessed

KZ2 had more responsive controls in the MP than it did in the SP and had more auto-aim in the MP. Way more in fact. So they don't seem to mind having things a little different between the two. Maybe in MP the recoil will remain similar to KZ2.

If not well, there will be a BETA of course so we can offer our feedback on recoil/autoaim then if it's been made too "accessible."

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
JB1981 said:
I want them to widen the field of view and tone down the blur. First game gives me tunnel vision. I constantly run into walls and feel like I have an extremely limited view as a player.
The FoV looks to be slightly wider, at least. I kind of wish they would get rid of the blackened corners in the Campaign. It's a cool effect at first but playing MP with the full screen effect shows it's a bit nicer to feel like you have more peripheral vision.

TheFatOne

KZObsessed said:
KZ2 had more responsive controls in the MP than it did in the SP and had more auto-aim in the MP. Way more in fact. So they don't seem to mind having things a little different between the two. Maybe in MP the recoil will remain similar to KZ2.

If not well, there will be a BETA of course so we can offer our feedback on recoil/autoaim then if it's been made too "accessible."

:lol Like a beta will help. GG will just change the controls, and other things at the first sign of people bitching.

John

Methinks they flatter themselves too much when they compare it to Inglorious Basterds. If they mean the dialogue-intensive Tarantino version, anyway.

Kittonwy

Banned
JFC, you guys are complaining about the recoil being toned down like the end of the world, compared to how badly Insomniac fucked up EVERYTHING going from RFOM to R2, this is NOTHING, you guys can't even be happy about the game for more than one second, this thread is fucking depressing.
Indifferent2.gif

BeeDog

I liked the end of the first part the most. Loved the openness of the stage, and I love the fact that you can use the jetpack to circumvent/flank enemies and fight them in more dynamic ways than in the second game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BeeDog said:
I liked the end of the first part the most. Loved the openness of the stage, and I love the fact that you can use the jetpack to circumvent/flank enemies and fight them in more dynamic ways than in the second game.

Indeed. Every video I see of that section plays out differently.

Now, imagine if we get to drive the mech in a similar "free-roam" set up :O

nib95

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
KZ2
audooj.gif

KZ3
dqheo0.jpg

That's the best I could find for recoil comparisons. And man, the vid on PSN is ugggly low res. The new crosshair needs to go as well.

That's not a good comparison seeing as the first is a prolonged shot, whereas the second shows short controlled bursts.

jett

D-Member
I can't believe they didn't replace Rico's voice actor, come on Guerrilla. :p I don't get why didn't use KZ1's Rico in KZ2, either.

KZObsessed said:

KZ2's MP controls were tighter - yes.

KZ2's MP Auto-Aim was TONED DOWN in MP - FACT. That's straight from Seb on the official KZ boards. They had more auto-aim in SP than MP.

KZObsessed

Ninja-Matic said:
KZ2's MP controls were tighter - yes.

KZ2's MP Auto-Aim was TONED DOWN in MP - FACT. That's straight from Seb on the official KZ boards. They had more auto-aim in SP than MP.

Not when firing from the "hip" with the M82. In multiplayer it locks on/sticks to the enemy and assists you in controlling the spread. That did not happen in SP to anyhere near the same degree. And that is a FACT son.

Kittonwy said:
JFC, you guys are complaining about the recoil being toned down like the end of the world, compared to how badly Insomniac fucked up EVERYTHING going from RFOM to R2, this is NOTHING, you guys can't even be happy about the game for more than one second, this thread is fucking depressing.
Indifferent2.gif

It's not that bad...? Except maybe Lyulf being his usual cheeky self. We're just discussing what we see, we're living off scraps here you know :p

21cfkpj.jpg

This slays me :lol

KZObsessed

jett said:
I can't believe they didn't replace Rico's voice actor, come on Guerrilla. :p I don't get why didn't use KZ1's Rico in KZ2, either.

I replayed KZ1 a few days a go. Better game than I remember. Had some great ideas, just needed a hell of a lot more polish in every area. But one of the worst things about the game? Rico's voice actor. Don't know why you want that back.

oh and I think I remember them saying Rico's voice actor wasn't available when recording his voice in KZ2 so that's why they re-cast him. Dodged a bullet there :p

TTP said:
Indeed. Every video I see of that section plays out differently.

Now, imagine if we get to drive the mech in a similar "free-roam" set up :O

Mech-jetpack combo please.

Mech on mech fight! MGS style! :O

KZObsessed said:
Not when firing from the "hip" with the M82. In multiplayer it locks on/sticks to the enemy and assists you in controlling the spread. That did not happen in SP to anyhere near the same degree. And that is a FACT son.

In fact, auto aim can be so bad in mp that it will sometimes lock you on to a players feet (when you are coming up the stairs and they are above you) which can lead to some very frustrating encounters (i.e a shotgun blast directly into the ground being the last fool thing you experience before getting headshot) - or pulling your reticule over and down as it traces some one jumping over a railing.

Personally I don't see the point of auto aim. If no one has it, then it is all about skill rather than getting a lucky lock. I appreciate that a controller is no mouse - but everyone will have the same handicap.

KZObsessed

the_prime_mover said:
In fact, auto aim can be so bad in mp that it will sometimes lock you on to a players feet (when you are coming up the stairs and they are above you) which can lead to some very frustrating encounters (i.e a shotgun blast directly into the ground being the last fool thing you experience before getting headshot) - or pulling your reticule over and down as it traces some one jumping over a railing.

Personally I don't see the point of auto aim. If no one has it, then it is all about skill rather than getting a lucky lock. I appreciate that a controller is no mouse - but everyone will have the same handicap.

Pretty much totally agree. Tho I can understand why devs add auto-aim of course, the best kind of auto-aim is the kind which isn't apparent. The kind which helps you get that headshot from across the map but is applied so subtley you believe it's your own skill. If it's obvious that the auto-aim helped you get a kill then what is the satisfaction in that?

I hate an abundance of auto-aim. I just don't find games with a lot of it fun, robs me of any satisfaction. I actually kinda dislike cross-hairs as well. The last few days I've been playing online without the crosshair and I havn't done anywhere near as well of course but man is it fun. Although it's much more difficult to aim and get the first shot, it much easy to control the spread as the cross hair isn't there to block your view or distract you. You can also see where every bullet lands a lot easier, which is great.

I really hope there's a true "hardcore" mode in KZ3 where you can remove everything and just go at it. As a separate mode I wouldn't see the harm.

KZObsessed said:

Son?

It's 2010 - take your g-bro smack talk from 1995 elsewhere.

A GG dev stated that they toned it down for MP - I'm believing HIM before you, sorry. That's how it goes. Devs before fanboys.

In SP you can sit behind cover and if you have your ADS setup to HOLD - you can literally LOCK ON an enemy without popping out of cover until you hit R1 - try it. It will even TRACK your enemy and keep you lined up on a HORIZONTAL zone.

Now if that's NOT auto-aim - I dunno what is.

THAT is not in MP. ;)

KZObsessed

g-bro smack talk? shut the fuck up :lol

I'm a fanboy? I'm not the one blindly going off the words of one of the devs and ignoring my own experience. We're talking about the firing of the ISA rifle above, not when using the sights. The amount of auto-aim when firing from the hip is massively increased in MP over the SP. That is a fact, anyone who has played the SP and MP will tell you the same, if they don't they're wrong/stupid.

I think you are misinterpreting/misunderstanding what Seb Downie has said, he may have been talking about another type of autoaim, I use the standard controls the way the game was meant to be played and when online you get most of your kills without going down the sights so that's what's important and it's the subject of this fucking discussion.

And let's not forget that Seb Downie was the man who said in an interview before KZ2 released that they were using dedicated servers. That was completely incorrect/lie. Take your pick. So even if he did claim that firing from the hip with the M82 had less recoil in MP, which I don't think he would have, he'd be wrong about another thing about the game. And you, his cock slobbering lacky would also be wrong.

Don't see what the big issue is, I just mentioned a simple fact about the auto-aim on a weapon when not aiming down the sights. I really should know better than to argue with retards about such inane things but there you go.

Ninja-Matic said:
Now if that's NOT auto-aim - I dunno what is.

Sounds like a bug. Remember the hold to aim auto-aim exploit with the shotgun and the Helghast rifle in MP? The one they had to remove from MP in a patch as it was so bad? If your memory goes back that far of course...

And it's not in MP because the cover system isn't in MP :lol

TheFatOne

KZObsessed said:
Sounds like a bug. Remember the hold to aim auto-aim exploit with the shotgun and the Helghast rifle in MP? The one they had to remove from MP in a patch as it was so bad? If your memory goes back that far of course...

And it's not in MP because the cover system isn't in MP :lol

I don't remember it as a bug. I always thought that was the instant win button good times. Also correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the M4 have a good amount of auto aim on it?

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
I don't remember it as a bug. I always thought that was the instant win button good times. Also correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the M4 have a good amount of auto aim on it?

:lol <3

Yeah it does. Once again a lot more than in SP. Crazy overpowered pistol.

aj was a beast with it, always kicking my ass :p

a0037809_4c1aa949cb53e.jpg

Of course, the 2D mode is being rendered at 1280 x 720 res with MLAA.

a0037809_4c1aabb4d735e.jpg

Even the alpha channel is cut half (alpha in the 2D mode of KZ3 is quater of the 720P res (640 x 360) as KZ2) creating some horrible aliasing artifacts.

I see a lot more pop ups on 3D as well. (even with the halved res, you'd still need to render twice the geometry with 3D)

Here's a pair of comparison shots between 3D & 2D.

a0037809_4c1ab1c3d77f8.jpg

a0037809_4c1ab21a782e6.jpg

I'd personally take 2D over 3D anyday, especially with what the current generation of 3D TV has to offer.

Stillmatic

MazingerDUDE said:
/res analysis
It's pre-alpha code. GG have said it's still early and they're still working on the 3D performance. Obviously it isn't going to end up the same as 2D mode, but i think they'll get it reasonably close. If i had a 3DTV, i'd probably play it in 3D regardless, but 2D will still be there if i want it. :)

edit: Cheers Blim for the uploads!

KZObsessed

That 3D screen is just one of the images that would be outputted in 3D tho correct? 1 image for each eye? I don't know enough about it, can you explain how it works exactly?

Also, I thought someone said alaising isn't an issue with a 3D image, this incorrect? Wish I could see how the 3D effects look for myself but I won't be buying a 3D TV for a long time.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Metalmurphy said:
What is the alpha buffer? And how are they calculating that?
I'm not sure but I do know that pixel counters have eyes that mere mortals like us can never hope to have. It's like they can see into the source code of the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom