• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Beta Details (Starts 10/25, requires PS+, only 10k spots open)

No45

I was pretty gutted with the KZ2 steelbook. I effectively paid £5 extra for that, I was expecting something different at least.

Lince

Banned
KZObsessed said:
I'll probably just get the "steelbook" edition to go with my KZ1/KZ2 "steelbooks" :p

why on earth isn't my KZ1 limited edition steelbook, it's fucking ugly ;_;

killzonesp.jpg

KZObsessed

No45 said:
I was pretty gutted with the KZ2 steelbook. I effectively paid £5 extra for that, I was expecting something different at least.

I got it for £33 a couple of quid cheaper than the standard edition :p

I'm gutted we don't get the art book but I don't think I can justify buying what will no doubt be at least a £60-80 edition. I can get the Helghast Marksman separately as well.

edit: ^^ I think that looks good Lince (maybe I have terrible taste) let's swap! :p

pixelbox

A.R.K said:
wow thats really promising to hear. But they not updating the beta and test out the changes is a risk IMO. Hope they come through at the end and the release game is glorious!

By the way I played another session this weekend and finally got in a balanced match with 8vs8 (both teams were actually working for the objectives, no K/D whoring). And I can tell you despite the recoil, low health issues etc, problems that we have been complaining on here and official forums, I really enjoyed the game. And there was little to no lag for some reason. Which helped a lot to say the least. If they fix the core problems and have some well designed maps, this game will be a winner.
Not sure if you remember but do you remember the God awful demo for MS:pR? Where Evolution stated the it was 70% complete? The final product had major changes to that level not only in looks but in design too. So would it be too hopeful to say the same could possibly happen?

A.R.K

pixelbox said:
Not sure if you remember but do you remember the God awful demo for MS:pR? Where Evolution stated the it was 70% complete? The final product had major changes to that level not only in looks but in design too. So would it be too hopeful to say the same could possibly happen?

All we can do is hope at this point...but that dev comment from the forum sounds promising and they seem to understand what the hardcore KZ fans want. So yeah I am still hopeful :)

KZObsessed

No45 said:
Helghan Cat Helmet edition is going to cost more than £80, surely?

I just checked and you could get the Halo 3 Legendary for aroud £100 at launch so yeah you're right :S

Too rich for my blood.

I wish we were getting the steelbook version in NA. I'm tired of the way SCEA handles major game releases. We either get no CE at all, or the "CE" is really just a regular copy of the game with extra stuff that you can probably buy separately anyhow. There's not even fancier cover art for any of their recent CEs, save R2.

Give me a shiny box or something, plz.

I remember the days when CE meant getting a gold cartridge simply for pre-ordering. =/

Nice shot.

Also,

http://beta.community.killzone.com/t5/Announcements-Events/Thank-You/td-p/47831

LevTrin12 said:
Hi all,

We want to start off by thanking you for contributing to a successful Public Beta Trial so far. So here goes: “THANK YOU!”

Seriously, thank you for all the time you have spent playing the Beta. Thank you for your honest and sometimes brutal feedback. Thank you for all the creative, workable and sometimes unimaginable, but fun, suggestions. Between all the Devs, we have read all of them and responded to half as many as we would have liked.

Thank you, because we now have what we need. Actually, we have received so much feedback, suggestions and bugs, that the general discussion part of the forum has served its purpose and has been closed. There is enough info on there to make six Killzone games, not just one. We know what your opinions are; we know what you think should be altered or different altogether. And we know what we need to focus on to make Killzone 3 all it can be when it launches in February 2011!

During this Beta we’ve had a good mix of participants to help us out: people who were new to the franchise, but also a lot of hardcore Killzone 2 veterans. To those of you in the latter group, please know that we recognize your share in keeping the Killzone community alive and bringing new players to the game. We appreciate your continued support and feedback. Your comments on features such as Matchmaking, Controls, Server lists (or Custom Games) and Tactical Spawn Areas (or Spawn grenades) have been most valuable.

And while we may not be able to implement every suggestion you’ve offered (for instance we can’t “…just implement Killzone 2 spawn grenades-code” – that’s just not how it works!) that doesn’t mean that we aren’t listening to you. Your comments and suggestions form the basis for the changes we are currently making to Killzone 3, along with your bug reports and telemetry data from the game.

While it’s impossible to specify every fix, update and change that we are working on, the game is already in a much better state than what you are playing now. We would have loved to bring all of these changes to you via additional patches, but this would have taken us a lot of time that we’ve chosen to spend on development, fixes and tweaks instead. We will continue to incorporate your feedback up until launch, so the next time you see Killzone 3 it will be a much-improved experience.

We have already improved on a number of things that you listed. These are just a few:

• Matchmaking improvements - lots and ongoing
• Tactical Spawn Areas - functionality and additional TSA’s where needed
• Weapon damage, recoil and range
• Weapon distribution over careers
• Added Weapons
• Exo's - count, health regeneration and damage
• Spawn camping
• Career Abilities (like Recon)
• HUD icons, readability, options
• Tweaked turrets, sentries and drones
• Running speed, stamina tweaks
• Player health

Finally, it’s important to note that we’re nearing the end of the Public Beta Trial. We do not know exactly when the beta will shut down yet. But somewhere in the next couple of weeks the online service will be discontinued. The good news is that you will still be able to play and practice in Botzone after the Beta ends.

The Bug Section will be still open to report bugs. So you can still report issues. Also, don’t be afraid to use the Survey we’ve set up.

In the meantime, have fun with the Beta. And be nice to the new people coming on board! We hope to see you all in February 2011.

Thanks,

Guerrilla

ZeroRay

SolidSnakex said:
http://i.imgur.com/bd0QK.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Preview code, huh? Think we'll be getting an information blowout soon? KZ2 got one around the same time 2 years ago.

Hopefully it won't give away half the campaign like last time.

jett

D-Member
After the state of this beta I have zero faith in GG's game designers, if they pull KZ3 off it'll be nothing short of a miracle.

Sounds to me like the team from KZ2 have put the new MP designer and MP level designer's desks in a corner and are all sitting there glaring at them.

Massa

I remember Insomniac saying they lost 6 months of development in Resistance 2 rewriting code from RFOM. Code which worked, obviously, but was very hard to evolve from.

I wonder if GG had a similar problem with KZ3. Input lag for example probably required a lot of reengineering to fix (and to give them credit, they did fix it).

It also seems strange that the Killzone 3 beta has issues that were present in the Killzone 2 beta and fixed for the final release, like the Saboteur class being difficult to distinguish.

Obviously this is pure speculation.

McLovin

jett said:
After the state of this beta I have zero faith in GG's game designers, if they pull KZ3 off it'll be nothing short of a miracle.
I've been too pissed from not getting the beta to check this thread out. But what's so bad about the beta? Is it not as good as KZ2?

Firewire

Banned
I don't have that much hope for K3, just to many problems with so little time left.

K3 was always a day 1 game for me, but I'm actually thinking about passing up on this one.

jorma

is now taking requests
I'm having a blast for the most part. All the issues i have are beta issues, nothing that looks beyond repair.

Lagspike_exe said:
It's not Killzone 2.5.

I felt they were taking a step backwards in a lot of areas.

Here's what I would have been happy with:

New maps
New game modes
New weapons
Reduce the controller lag
Reduce the no. of players in a game to 24
Take boost off of the Assault class
Do something with the spawn system.

Now, they did that. But they fucked around with other things that didn't need fucking around with, like player health, recoil, ironsight speeds etc. Really fucking annoying. Map design isn't too smart either.

Thankfully it looks like they've seen sense.

Dibbz

Gah I don't really understand the nitpicking in this beta. I don't give a fuck about the recoil or sprint speed at this stage, since there are bigger things to worry about like clusterfucks because of shitty level and mode designs.

It's in GG's hands now but seriously it like their designers don't even play the game with some of the choices they've made. :|

Dibbz said:
Gah I don't really understand the nitpicking in this beta. I don't give a fuck about the recoil or sprint speed at this stage, since there are bigger things to worry about like clusterfucks because of shitty level and mode designs.|

We've been complaining about that a lot too. I've endlessly been moaning about the chokepoints.

Majine

Banned
I hope improved matchmaking means I don't have to play in an entire level with just 2-3 people. Has happened more often than not during this beta.

Zen

Banned
I had a lot of fun with the beta. They made a lot of improvements over Killzone 2 multiplayer, and most of the things that weren't, sound like they are being looked at, as per community feedback.

Violater

Ran into a room full of campers who mowed me down, then proceeded to teabag me.
Love the medic, I hit square pop right up and go stabby stabby on their asses :lol

Eccocid

I hope they make friendly fire enabled as DEFAULT without any other choice in multiplayer mode!which will cut all the clusterfucks and shooting randomly in maps!

Eccocid said:
I hope they make friendly fire enabled as DEFAULT without any other choice in multiplayer mode!which will cut all the clusterfucks and shooting randomly in maps!

I hope its:

+100 for killing an enemy.
-500 for killing a friendly, all ribbons immediately lost.

That'll get peoples attention.

Violater

Galvanise_ said:
I hope its:

+100 for killing an enemy.
-500 for killing a friendly, all ribbons immediately lost.

That'll get peoples attention.

They would seriously have to nerf the sab class for that to make any sense.

someone clearly has their hands on the preview code and has been tickling everyone's fancy with washed out screens all day today. Looks likely.

Also, is Mr. Fucking Convoy is now boasting a 'stache?

Top Bottom