• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 MP Trailer- Gamescom!!

KZObsessed

I can't log in to US blog for some reason, hope someone will ask when this phase of the Beta officially starts.

TheFatOne said:
Seems like you have to get in close before you can do a brutal melee kill. If that is the case like them.

Move close, press L1, get instant kill. Yeah don't like it.

X-Frame

KZObsessed said:
I can't log in to US blog for some reason, hope someone will ask when this phase of the Beta officially starts.

No beta news yet, already been asked. All we know is that the internal beta is currently under-way.

KZObsessed said:

Melee was more or less already an instant kill in KZ2, not to mention knife kills being 1-hitters in just about every other game. Seems par for the course, what's not to like? Knifing in BFBC2 is sweet as hell (when it works, lol) with the added animation time it has over other shooters, imo. Brutal melee seems to be in the same vein. My only concern would be if it were glitchy.

KZObsessed

Melee was two hit kill in KZ2, and most of the time it was better to just shoot the guy, as it should be. BFBC2 knifing was great, tho a little awkward. One hit knife swipes in CoD and MAG are absolutely awful. If there was a way to counter it then great but being locked in an animation where you die no matter what isn't a good thing. I'm thinking about it from being on the other end of it.

Some quotes from Blog:
Are you going to announce the date open beta launches during PAX?

Aryeh Loeb | September 1st, 2010 at 10:52 am

No, we’ll keep that a secret for now. But that shouldn’t stop anyone from going to our booth at PAX :)

Yes, you will still be able to build Turrets and call on Sentry drones. The Medic is now also equipped with a Mini Drone. This is a small drone that will follow the Medic around and provide cover fire. The Career system has been completely revamped, and made a lot better. You will be able to start in your chosen career straight away. There are abilities that carry across all Careers to cater to different play styles.

That’s the short answer, but there is a lot more to it!

Response to me asking if the KZ3 trailer will ever go up on PSN:

When it’s sorted, yes I imagine we will.

What takes 2-3 weeks to "sort" with a 40 second trailer I don't know but that's the reason.

TheFatOne

KZObsessed said:

I like close kills. Easier to string together stealth kills like that. Get behind a group and kill a few guys. Maybe it should be an auto 1 hit kill if I get someone from behind, but I don't know if they could do that. Something like Uncharted 2, but that seems like it would be a difficult thing to do.

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
I like close kills. Easier to string together stealth kills like that. Get behind a group and kill a few guys. Maybe it should be an auto 1 hit kill if I get someone from behind, but I don't know if they could do that. Something like Uncharted 2, but that seems like it would be a difficult thing to do.

I like that idea. Nothing more satisfying than an Uncharted 2 MP stealth kill. Would be great to use with the Infiltrator class as well.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It should be a brutal melee if your victim is not at 100% health. Pistol whip them once, then brutal melee will kick in. I will miss the dancing around melee though.

New?

2uy0ewp.jpg

2exlqmo.jpg

szk6c4.jpg

2d14xno.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201009/02032813.html

mr_nothin

Banned
Redbeard said:
Wait...wat?

Those look like multiplayer shots, and there's a drop ship??
Maybe it's a cutscene from the "Operations" mode?

Looks totally awesome though!
Looks like that's the medic bot in the 1st screen.

fixuis

My god @ those gfx! Look at that lighting :O the famitsu link is broken. What's the correct one. I wanna see high res of these. Amazing.

KZObsessed

Looks incredible of course. No other MP game looks better graphically. I wonder what the player count is for Operations. Hopefully 16 player max.

Cornbread78

alr1ghtstart said:
It should be a brutal melee if your victim is not at 100% health. Pistol whip them once, then brutal melee will kick in. I will miss the dancing around melee though.

LOL, EPIC "Melee Only" matches to get that friggen badge. Actually some of the funniest matches ever.....

I have no problem with the intstand kill as long as you have to basically be spooning the guy to perform it. Any teleporting Commando $hit like MW2 and they will have some major issues with it in MP.

pixelbox

MY GOD...Maybe those intruders are thee way spawns word. I should of recorded my speculations, a lot of what i said came to pass. And btw, does those pictures show any forms of realtime AO?

KZObsessed

Looks that way. Tactitions can use SMG as well. Infiltrator use rocket launcher. Engineers can use LMGs.

Hopefully they've added a few more rifles. Gonna be a bit boring using all the same weapons again, tho they are the best weapons ever.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
You guys with your KZ2 talk make me think about all the fun I had with the game in multiplayer.
The controls are just too different from other shooters to quickly jump in again and be good.
Anyway, new screens, new avatar. ;-)

pixelbox

KZObsessed said:
Spawning from an intruder is an excellent idea.
Come to think of it in the MP videos, we haven't actually seen a player spawn other than the revive on spot perk. And as for the weapons, they are still early in rank so lets hope there are more "different" weapons as you rank and not just adding scopes to existing ones. Either way those models are absolutely stunning!

Top Bottom