• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Dug

Banned
TTP said:
Someone in the comments sections of my YT video liked me to this devs chat where they state they are gonna fix the jetpack Move controls!

God bless "Guest-41" for asking that.
So I was looking through the chat log and noticed this:
Guest-31: DLC?
JBvB-KZ3: Yes we will have that, and if you preorder at best buy, the first "reclaimed territory" pack is gonna be all yours for free

What is the Reclaimed Territory Pack? Could it be another name for the Retro Map Pack?

EDIT: Also:
Guest-23: I apologize if this has been asked before but are custom soundtracks for multiplayer returning?
MDJ-KZ3: No sorry, this game is so packed with features that we barely managed to get it out of the door in time - and to the AAA quality that we wanted it to be.

:C

TTP said:
My Killzone 3 Move + Multiplayer video analysis is up :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWF0yZCmpNo

Killzone3MP.png

Enjoy!

IMMORTALIZED-ED-ED-ED! >:B

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
shagg_187 said:

You are in the Operation cutscenes as well ;)

The last one with me escaping the dam and you helping me getting on the intruder was perfect for closing the vid!

DoomGyver

I noticed in TTPs video that my mic kept going off during the match, I was using the PSeye. Anyone else ever have that problem? I could be dead silent and that mic icon would still blip. Other times it works like it should. (not sure if I was giving off static or not)

Konosuke

Full Recovery said:
I noticed in TTPs video that my mic kept going off during the match, I was using the PSeye. Anyone else ever have that problem? I could be dead silent and that mic icon would still blip. Other times it works like it should. (not sure if I was giving off static or not)
I have that problem too, it picks up fan noise from my PC. It's really sensitive.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Full Recovery said:
I get this a lot (with Headset 1.0 and 2.0). Nothing is being broadcast but I see my mic light lighting up. Happens with BFBC2 as well. I always worry I am broadcasting my 7.1 with a delay.

Move newb question. I see that the Eye camera that comes with it seems to have a mic built into it. Can this be used as an ingame mic and if so does it work well? I use headphones so it would be perfect with my setup since all other outside noises would be quiet.

Irish

shagg_187 said:

Yeah, I also saw you lying dead on the ground quite a bit. :p

We kept thinking you were talking to us at first, Full, but then we figured you were using the move instead.

Facism

Dug said:
So I was looking through the chat log and noticed this:

What is the Reclaimed Territory Pack? Could it be another name for the Retro Map Pack?

EDIT: Also:

:C

I'd assume they meant the retro map pack, or they're releasing another "LOL OLD MAPS FOR COST" pack after the retro map pack

Dibbz

CozMick said:
Killzone 3

on

PS3

Sponsors

Movies

Well, at least Sony is giving it a good advertising campaign here in the UK.
Yeah saw that yesterday on Five after the Liverpool match, just before that Steven Segal movie.

They've been advertising during every champions league match also, so big audiences there. I only wish we had the Kevin Butler ads that SCEA made.

DoomGyver

KingOfKong said:
Move newb question. I see that the Eye camera that comes with it seems to have a mic built into it. Can this be used as an ingame mic and if so does it work well? I use headphones so it would be perfect with my setup since all other outside noises would be quiet.
You can use the PSeye for the move and as a mic at the same time. Works great with headphones.

ultron87

Unconfirmed street date breakage report:

I was texting my brother and he let me know this Target in Columbus, Ohio is selling the game. He didn't buy it because he's getting it from Amazon.

I have no way to confirm or deny the truth behind this (since I'm not in Columbus) or whether you'd get past a register, but if you're in the area and would like the game early it might be worth a shot.

I felt it was my public duty to let GAF know.

ultron87 said:
Unconfirmed street date breakage report:

I was texting my brother and he let me know this Target in Columbus, Ohio is selling the game. He didn't buy it because he's getting it from Amazon.

I have no way to confirm or deny the truth behind this (since I'm not in Columbus) or whether you'd get past a register, but if you're in the area and would like the game early it might be worth a shot.
It seems to be on the shelf at a lot of Targets (it was at mine) but it wouldn't ring up at the register for me (came up as 0.00 and they said they can't sell till 2/22)

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
TTP said:

The last one with me escaping the dam and you helping me getting on the intruder was perfect for closing the vid!

I wasn't having much problems using Move with the Jetpack? But if they are improving upon it I guess I'm not going to complain, just hope it doesn't make it worse (for me).

GitarooMan said:
It seems to be on the shelf at a lot of Targets (it was at mine) but it wouldn't ring up at the register for me (came up as 0.00 and they said they can't sell till 2/22)

was on the shelf at my local Target but they refused to sell it saying it wouldn't scan even if they wanted to sell it.

Violater said:
Ughh I think people using move have too much of an advantage.

i have one and i agree. i am not sure if this is to make killzone 3 players want to buy a move but I certainly don't hope it backfires and makes dualshock users quit.

Just saw the blog video on the helghast edition.......gonna have to go with the regular version now. I thought the saving grace would be the art book, that thing is about the size of his two hands. No way I'm paying 120 for that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
KingOfKong said:
i have one and i agree. i am not sure if this is to make killzone 3 players want to buy a move but I certainly don't hope it backfires and makes dualshock users quit.

Nah, if you watch TTP's video, while he's kicking ass, there are very few kills that I think would be any more difficult with a DS3. I think the video shows that it's possible to be successful with the Move, not that it's any better. Of course, in two months, Move users may be dominating :)

commish said:
Nah, if you watch TTP's video, while he's kicking ass, there are very few kills that I think would be any more difficult with a DS3. I think the video shows that it's possible to be successful with the Move, not that it's any better. Of course, in two months, Move users may be dominating :)

yep, it will be interesting to see. it would be nice if it showed an icon next to the player on the leaderboards to see if they use the DS3 or Move.

I got KZ3 bought and paid for and I have a Move+Nav, are you guys who have Move thinking about getting the SharpeShooter?

I have the extra $40 and think I'd enjoy the Move more with the SharpShooter, but would love some impressions and opinions.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Watching TTP's video again I noticed that they still kept the slightly different colored crosshairs for MP when using Move. The Helghast one is bright yellow as opposed to slightly green for ISA. Not sure about when using the DS3 in KZ3 but in KZ2 the Helghast one was white while the ISA one was light blue. I've always found it odd that the color of the campaign crosshair corresponds with the Helghast in MP instead of the ISA. I know this is a really, really negligible thing but once I noticed it in KZ2 I couldn't not see it. Really shows the attention to detail Guerrilla puts in.

Majine

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
What kind of accent was Jeff going for there?
I kinda wish Helghasts spoke in a fictional language. It's wierd that they all speak english but have a different written language.

TTP said:

hahaha! I haven't seen all of it cause the damn youtube player on my computer is acting weird. Time to download the whole thing! :D
Irish said:
Yeah, I also saw you lying dead on the ground quite a bit. :p

We kept thinking you were talking to us at first, Full, but then we figured you were using the move instead.

I'm dead in the video? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Shaka

Majine said:
I kinda wish Helghasts spoke in a fictional language. It's wierd that they all speak english but have a different written language.
The Helghast used English as their main language before Visari took over. His deep hatred of humans and strong Helghast pride pushed him to create a new language the Helghast could call their own. It only took of in it's written form because erasing English in it's spoken would have been a ridiculous undertaking.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Quick question, how is no-scoping balanced for the sniper rifle when using Move? The crosshair is still there so It seems like it would be really easy to no-scope. I assume it's just super inaccurate?

nib95

Banned
Dibbz said:
Yeah saw that yesterday on Five after the Liverpool match, just before that Steven Segal movie.

They've been advertising during every champions league match also, so big audiences there. I only wish we had the Kevin Butler ads that SCEA made.

Any links to the UK ads? I haven't seen any yet, but then again I'm not a big footy fan lol.

Just saw the entire TTP's video. Loved every bit of it. Good to see him taking on the things most gamers will miss out on but will subconsciously effect them e.g. rumble recoil, jetpack cursor speed, melee, calibration and more.

Oh and me pulling him up on in the end of Operations = FUCK YEAH :mad:

Fulleffect said:
ttps video is making me want move and kz3! but i almost never stick to playing console games :( could use the 20 bonus twords move tho.. :eek:

well, if it puts you over the edge just remember that Portal 2 is going to be a Move game!

Violater

Might have been covered but

From Amazon
"Hello, I understand your concern and will be happy to help you. I've checked the $20 promotion for the game "Killzone 3" and can confirm that you'll receive this promotional offer as this promotion has been extended to all the existing pre-orders."

Fyea

Torgo

For those that were asking for some less-compressed pics, your pleas have been heard. Hit the link to the album to see everything at full 720p

Album Link

KZ3-1%203.2.jpg

KZ3-1%204.2.jpg

KZ3-1%204.4.jpg

KZ3-1%204.jpg

KZ3-1%206.jpg

KZ3-1%207.2.jpg

KZ3-1%207.jpg

KZ3-1%208.2.jpg

KZ3-1%209.1.jpg

To be continued...

mr_nothin

Banned
KingOfKong said:
Just wait until us good DS players get our hands on the separate sensitivity settings for hipfire/ADS.

Top Bottom