• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone "4" available Tuesday (gamestop)

Well the box isn't flimsy like so many "economical" blu-ray and DVD cases are nowadays. Which I am grateful for.

It is nice, solid plastic just like the PS3 cases except the coverart extends to the top of the case and not just 95% of the way.
That's actually the question I came here to ask, nice to know.

So I went by my local GameStop expecting to pick up Shadow Fall and the girl behind the counter told me games were not for sale until the system launch date, but the camera and DS4 were available. I respectfully purchased the camera and left without contradicting what she told me. Should I go make a thread about Women GameStop Employees?

On a serious note, the camera is TINY, like not even dildo size... impressive.

-PXG-

So I went by my local GameStop expecting to pick up Shadow Fall and the girl behind the counter told me games were not for sale until the system launch date, but the camera and DS4 were available. I respectfully purchased the camera and left without contradicting what she told me. Should I go make a thread about Women GameStop Employees?

On a serious note, the camera is TINY, like not even dildo size... impressive.

Employee is dumb. The game isn't street dated. DMs or corporate should have sent an email stating that it's okay to sell. If they have it, sell it.

Timu

Oh fuck, I forgot to go to Gamestop, now I have to check whenever I have the time this week.

Also I'm jelly of those pics.

MilkBeard

The guy at my Gamestop said the game will be able to be bought whenever it actually gets in the store. At least for my area anyway. He didn't know when this particular store would get it, but he said sometime this week, and you can buy it when they get it.

ckohler

I have an important question for you.

Are the edges of the disc delightfully rounded like the Wii U?

I don't know. I debating waiting to open it on 11/15.

Because it seems to use the same shade of blue, how does the KZ:SF box compare to a typical Blu-Ray movie case? I would imagine the box itself is thinner than PS3 due to the dying off of instruction booklets.

The thickness of the PS4 case is the same as the PS3 case, so it's slightly fatter than a Blu-Ray movie case. The corners of the PS4 case are also less rounded than PS3 or Blu-Ray cases.

SnakeEyez

After serious contemplation, I am worried this game may not be received well outside of it being 'solid'. Or maybe I just don't like FPS that much. Would be so much better as a TPS. I'm sorry Killzone fans, please don't kill me. These are just honest feelings.

Ive thoroughly enjoyed the Killzone franchise so I'm sure I'll like this one. with that said..

Jack_sad.gif

nictron

With Sony removing many of it's street dates from it's software does anyone think its possible that Amazon might ship a few of those June PS4 preorders early?

mr2t

Banned
I went in and picked up my copy. They said I might want to wait because they didn't know if the preorder bonus code would print but it did.

I went in and picked up my copy. They said I might want to wait because they didn't know if the preorder bonus code would print but it did.

See, that's my concern. I don't want to miss out on the pre-order bonus. I'm hoping this means its safe to pick it up now. I know someone else said they were missing their code though.

Anyone else got their bonus?

koorigashi

Neo Member
Posted in another thread, but yeah, I went to pick up the DS4 at mine and they asked me if I wanted to buy KZ4 too, was tempting but it's not a must by for me, I got to hold it and look at the disk though, 2 more weeks.

Oozer3993

Because it seems to use the same shade of blue, how does the KZ:SF box compare to a typical Blu-Ray movie case? I would imagine the box itself is thinner than PS3 due to the dying off of instruction booklets.

The blue of the PS4 case is a little darker than the standard Blu-Ray case (though that may be hard to tell from the poor quality of my cell phone camera). The PS4 case is thicker as well. The PS4 case seems to be the same thickness as the PS3 case. Maybe a millimeter or two thinner.

cr1SX6k.png

ViciousDS

Banned
See, that's my concern. I don't want to miss out on the pre-order bonus. I'm hoping this means its safe to pick it up now. I know someone else said they were missing their code though.

Anyone else got their bonus?

shit....I didnt even check my receipt till now and nope no pre-order bonus was printed on my receipt...........I can usually get them to print another though.......uh

EDIT:The Shadow Pack will gain you access to these extras:

OWL Skin
Give your OWL a unique appearance with these exclusive skins. Who says combat drones need to be devoid of personality?

MP Spotlight Move
Celebrate your triumphs over enemy players in multiplayer mode in a new and unique way with this special victory move.

Official Soundtrack
Listen to the epic cinematic score for Killzone Shadow Fall as it brings both sides of the conflict to life like never before.

Remember, the only way to obtain the Shadow Pack and get your hands on these exclusive bonuses is by pre-ordering the game!

MEH.....nvm I probably won't bother fighting for it....nothing special

anddo0

With Sony removing many of it's street dates from it's software does anyone think its possible that Amazon might ship a few of those June PS4 preorders early?

Could happen.

I've received consoles early from both Amazon and GS in the past. I got my PS2 two days early and the PS3 1 day early.

Kibbles

The blue of the PS4 case is a little darker than the standard Blu-Ray case (though that may be hard to tell from the poor quality of my cell phone camera). The PS4 case is thicker as well. The PS4 case seems to be the same thickness as the PS3 case. Maybe a millimeter or two thinner.

cr1SX6k.png

Nice, nice. ;) Ahh 17 more days

Verendus

Banned
Could you post impressions of what you have played and why you were not a big fan of it?
I'll correct myself. My post was part in jest. I'm generally not a fan of FPS. SF is the best Killzone yet though from the looks of it (console, haven't played handheld one). I think I would just like it even more as a TPS because I am a big fan of TPS. That's just me though.

After serious contemplation, I am worried this game may not be received well outside of it being 'solid'. Or maybe I just don't like FPS that much. Would be so much better as a TPS. I'm sorry Killzone fans, please don't kill me. These are just honest feelings.

Is this based off what you've seen/heard or what you've played yourself?

EDIT: ha! looks like I posted a second too late.

Shapingo

Why buy the game when the 2for1 deal is right around the corner for next gen titles?

I just returned my shipped pre-ordered copy to the store today for this very reason. I will buy Killzone again, but with another game and a free one (buy2get1free deal).

Hopefully this game won't sell out as it is the game I want the most.

Went to Gamestop today to cancel my preorders of KZ: SF and BF4. Thought I wouldn't be able to cancel KZ: SF since there was a stack of them just...there on the counter. Was kinda funny how the cashier kept asking me questions about the Target deal after I brought it up. Even Gamestop employees want to cancel their preorders.

Timu

Why buy the game when the 2for1 deal is right around the corner for next gen titles?
For me I just want Killzone and Knack and no other PS4 retail game at launch, and the X1 games I want are released after the deal is over with so it wouldn't matter to me.

FaintDeftone

I picked mine up today. I was going to hold off until the Target deal, but I basically got the game for free with some junk trade-ins so it didn't really cost me anything.

Top Bottom