• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary Reviews Thread

LevelUp 8.6/10
Since it was launched, the PS Vita has been longing for a game like this. Not only Killzone: Mercenary a good FPS, but it is also a solid addition to the scarce lineup of games in this portable console. Leaving aside some problems with the running and covering controls, the game offers a pleasant experience that we can't really see happening on another console.

TotalPlayStation 8.5/10
Killzone: Mercenary makes us believers in the FPS on a handheld. An excellent experience that is only held back by a lack of variety in the multiplayer and a touch too much playing it safe in single player. Certainly a top Vita game.

NZGamer 8.4/10
A seriously impressive game. It’s a little on the short side, and has a few little quirks all its own, but there’s no question that Guerilla Cambridge have delivered the goods. I still can’t quite believe the technical feats it accomplishes, to be perfectly honest.

Gamer.nl 8.0/10
Killzone: Mercenary meets the expectations: finally there’s a great shooter on the Vita that technically impresses, controls like you’d expect from a shooter on a console and goes a long way with its multiplayer. The quality of the single-player campaign isn’t as constant though.

4players.de 7.8/10
The mobile killzone is not as refined as its stationary brethren. But it plays and looks well enough to make me start another one of its shortened missions.

Jim Sterling reviewed Killzone: Mercenary and it was published on site today. He gave it 8/10, which i totally agree with.

Destructoid 8/10
Killzone: Mercenary could have stood to provide more content, but that which is on offer is all very well polished and plays almost impeccably on Sony's latest handheld venture. Distinguishing itself as the first Vita FPS to really showcase the system's strengths, this is one of those ambitious titles the system can be proud to showcase, proving that a console experience can not only work in the handheld space, but be damn fun without suffering too much in the way of compromise.

Nice Review Jim!

Top Bottom