• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall | Full Forest level gameplay | Best looking game of show?

nib95

Banned
Have to say, it looks absolutely amazing. The scale, lighting, textures, geometry, post process effects. All stunning. Very different to previous KZ titles. Many more gadgets and options. The developer even mentions that the game is going for a more open world style approach this time, as is evidenced by the gameplay.

Here's Gamespot's footage. It shows more of the forest stuff and is a little bit cleaner. Edges go arse when watching in full screen mind. Larger normal thumbnail version is recommended.

Gamespot | Full Killzone Shadow Fall Forest Gameplay

Here's IGN's version, a bit less clean but smoother in full screen. Shows more indoor stuff, a different weapon plus some other characters.

IGN | Full Killzone Shadow Fall Forest Gameplay

Some landscape and environment shots from this vid with Sessler.

Killzone SF E3 Environments | Sessler

Have to admit, best graphics of show have to be between this and Division imo. Whilst there's the odd animation or hit detection issue, it'll likely get polished out before release. Sort of reminds me of a more CG or stylised version of Crysis, or even Halo.

High quality captures.

kzsf3n3yhh.png

kzsfodx0q.jpg

kzsf1e8bhl.png

kzsf526lxo.png

kzsf4s0lle.png

Some low quality captures from the video.

We need some screenshots rather than captures from a compressed video. The compression artifacts make it look very ugly. Why hasn't Sony released any?

Showaddy

I was honestly shocked when they said there would be semi-large non-linear sections where you can choose what missions to do and in what order.

With the neat looking guns & gadgets I'm actually pretty interested in the gameplay now lol

Edit: Also is Killzone the only console shooter that's running at 1080p? Most of the other FPS's seem to be going for 720p 60FPS.

Boss Man

Sony...what in the fuck?

Why would they not show this and Infamous at the conference? Seriously...more Watch Dogs and you had this? I went from underwhelmed and waiting until more games come out to looking for a preorder in two videos.

Killzone is looking surprisingly not bland. That touch pad drone with zip lining across an open environment...shit looks like a blast. What a great application of the controller; gives me hope for what it might be used for later.

The "shadow marshal" stuff looks like it's going to do wonders for the franchise.

george_us

As good as the graphics looked, I was actually more interested in the gameplay. Zip-lining around on the OWL is going to be fun as fuck.

Amir0x

Banned
Man it looks sick. But more than that is how it changes up the Killzone formula. One of the problems I had with the series - besides the infamous input lag and rather mediocre weapon selection - was the level design was always tedious and straight forward.

Killzone: Shadowfall looks like it opens things up dramatically, and on top of that adds a plethora of dynamic new gameplay options. And if it really is 1080p@60fps for launch, the visuals will be crazy for a launch game.

Tapejara

I loved Killzone 3's campaign, but the changes they're incorporating for Shadow Fall are certainly welcome.

I was shocked at how much more open and slow paced it all was. Really impressed.

I agree, feel it's a nice direction for Killzone's singleplayer.

Hrm, I really like the openness of the forest level there. The OWL zip-line traversal was especially neat; looks like there's a lot more freedom/options to play.

I've always thought KZ 2/3 campaigns were okay, but I see myself becoming more interested in this now.

Regardless, KZ mp is what I'm most excited more; hoping it's more like 2 (which I loved)

jjasper

The way they are talking about the game it seems like it is more in line with Goldeneye and Perfect Dark with open levels and multiple objectives than the corridor with random open areas of the last games. I would very much like that to be the case.

Mikey Jr.

Finally, I was looking for some new footage.

This streaming shit is garbage though. I need direct feed here.

From what I saw, it looked great. Thats only 1 half of the game for me though, I want to hear about the other half.

Sojgat

It looks lovely, but that forest isn't a very memorable environment. There are areas of the original Killzone that still stick in my mind, due to their unique and striking design.

BadAss2961

Looks spectacular, but we need some direct feed material.

Gameplay looks way more tactical. Loving the idea of that sentry buddy and how it could work with the touchpad.

JB1981

It is more open but also looks boring. The zipline just seems like another mode of traversal. The slowdown gimmick doesn't belong in a Killzone game. Killzone 2 funneled you down corridors but also had you up against smart and resourceful AI. This lacks the overwhelming intensity of that game

nib95

Banned
If you're talking about good looking forests, I still think Witcher 2 takes the crown.

W2/3 have awesome looking forests. Really rich and detailed. But the lighting and post process effects don't hold a candle to this imo.

repeater

Killzone: Shadowfall looks like it opens things up dramatically, and on top of that adds a plethora of dynamic new gameplay options. And if it really is 1080p@60fps for launch, the visuals will be crazy for a launch game.
I thought it had (quite infamously) already been confirmed to be 1080p@30fps? It was certainly said to be so during the Gamespot interview linked above.

Pics don't even do its justice. See the demo in hd on gamespot. I love the new things they are doing too like that little thing that follows you so you can zip line and more.

I want to know how this game is structured?

Do you start at a hub and go out to missions?

Is it entirely linear progression?

Do you have access to parts of the city?

Seems like a waste of a setting if they just make it into a linear affair

Clott

Was KZ 1-3 done by the same team? If so how is this game done for this year, there has to be two teams, any ideas?

It looks like it has been cooking for at least 3 years.

KZ, The Division, Infamous, and The Order really gave me those next gen chills. They've exceeded my expectations, and have me excited about what's to come. I've seen a better quality video of this playthrough on my iPad, and it looks even better than this; the IQ is insane!

The only concern I have is how fun this game will be cause using that Rifle the whole campaign..yeah no thanks :/. Another thing is that this game will be in Vekta and it's definetely no Helghan so the environments will probably end up looking urban/city like.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
bright colors in shooters whats going on lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
This area doesn't come off as well as the original reveal in the city center. The scale there really helped and it seemed like the rendering effects were more mature in that area. But some of the new gameplay elements shown here are encouraging.

Top Bottom