• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall | Full Forest level gameplay | Best looking game of show?

Amir0x

Banned

I know that's what they said, but Sony been releasing 60fps Killzone videos around the net for this, and since the game is only utilizing such a small amount of the systems total power at the moment, I don't see why they can't possibly surprise us. That's why I said "if"

That looked fantastic. Doesn't have the same wow-factor the original unveiling had thanks to that being a complete shock but it looks downright amazing. Love the look of the forest and the area. Stunning lighting, too.

Not sure about the A.I though... it looked pretty retarded which is surprising considering Killzone 2 and 3 had some of the best A.I of the entire generation. I hope it doesn't stay like that. The drone might end up creating some issues for the A.I, too. I like the idea of the special abilities, but the slow motion seems out of place.

Also, the position of the gun is more lower and closer to the bottom corner. I really like the gun being up and closer to the middle more as it was in the original announcement footage. It seems especially strange in the IGN video when he picks up the SMG... it looked wrong.

Otherwise, it looked awesome. Looked quite interesting and I'm pumped to see what other areas and stuff they have planned.

Showaddy

Best thing about it is how open it seems to be compared to previous games.

Sony was really fucking stupid to only spend five minutes on their own games in its two-hour conference.

I got really annoyed when Herman told the IGN guy they didn't want to talk about their new IP at E3. Why couldn't Sony at least hint at it in the conference instead of showing Ass Creed & Watch Dogs for like 20 minutes...

Nikhil

Neo Member
I'll pass... It looks like it's taking the KZ3 route with absolutely zero recoil on the weapons. I loved KZ2, but I hate playing games where firing guns has no impact (like KZ3).

Can't wait for the multiplayer reveal. Hopefully we'll have EXOs again and PRONE!

More Maps and Guns and Balance. It was so one sided with the spawn points on maps and the "Tactical" spawns weren't good.

I think they should make the maps bigger if they are going to put in Vehicles in mp.

Burt

Stop thinking blinding me impresses me, developers. Jesus fucking Christ, stop it. I can stick a fucking flashlight in my eye if I ever feel the need, thank you very much.

That said, it looked good. When I could see it.

CHC

Those screenshots look entirely believable graphically, somehow makes me feel better about next-gen. I always worry when I see these mind-blowing graphics that someone is pulling the wool over our eyes, but this is pretty reasonable looking and I like what I see...

Strike

Looks great as usual, but I really want to see what they've done with multiplayer. Hopefully we get to see that at gamescom.

Himself

After being ready to write the series off after Killzone 3, the ign interview video really made me want to give this a chance.

Open maps with several objectives that change each other according to which order you do them in? That OWL thing that let's you control the pace of the game, promotes stealth, allow a variety of approaches? More open areas? All sound and look awesome.

It looks like the best gameplay elements from Halo and Resistance w/Killzone art direction.

I'm into it for sure.

Guymelef

kzsf526lxo.png
WOW

nib95

Banned
After being ready to write the series off after Killzone 3, the ign interview video really made me want to give this a chance.

Open maps with several objectives that change each other according to which order you do them in? That OWL thing that let's you control the pace of the game, promotes stealth, allow a variety of approaches? More open areas? All sound and look awesome.

It looks like the best gameplay elements from Halo and Resistance w/Killzone art direction.

I'm into it for sure.

Yea, gameplay seems a lot more versatile. I hope they still have some darker traditionally KZ2 esque levels too, but variety here is great.

Saberus

The videos are a very low quality, it can give the illusion for poor textures and frame rate. Sony needs to have a HQ version of this.

Really? Guess I just expected more after seeing the demo from a few months back.

I don't this environment is as eyecatching, but I think some aspects may have been improved compared to the previous demo. At least the new demo looks to have a more vibrant look, if you see the shot over the city at the beginning of the E3 trailer.

sunnz

Ok, that was very AWESOME to watch and love the inclusion of that small robot ( OWL).

Day 1.

Tried to see the pop in, didn't notice it at all though ( the quality is pretty bad for the video though, hard to tell)

Looks a lot of fun, hope a lot of the game/ levels are as open.

Honestly, gives me a crysis 1 feel, in a sense of openness and doing what I want how I want.

Not a fan of that gun though.

Problem with forest levels is that you have to either fully cover the ground with grass, or it wont look that good.

Sadly, KZ:SF seems to have a lot of parts were the ground texture is showing, which looks bland. That ruins it, cover the WHOLE ground with grass. The rocks are hard to judge cause of the shitty quality of the video.

Crysis 1 and maybe FC3 are probably the only games that have done that type of environment the best.

Sorral

I wonder, why are the Higgs still wearing the mask now?

Isn't this just 30 years after what happened in KZ3? (or was it 20?)

Either way, it took the higgs like three generations to adapt to the Helghan planet. I imagine it will take a few more to lessen the need of masks as 30 years isn't enough.
They also have some sort of lung burn, so they have to replicate Helghan's air on Vektan basically.
I don't remember the exact details, but I think this was mentioned in KZ1 or KZ PSP and there is a lot more details on the KZ website about the storyline.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I wonder, why are the Higgs still wearing the mask now?
They didn't need the masks in the other games either. The masks were what they wore when they were first on Helghan but they eventually adapted. Visari brought back the masks as a symbol of pride and intimidation. They're purely symbolic.

Doesn't look that good, not as good as the city footage. This video quality sucks. I need good 1080p footage.

Game looks fairly open, reminds me of Crysis 2/3.

Edit: Starting around 10 minutes in it starts looking better, mainly the lighting with the sunset.

Sorral

They didn't need the masks in the other games either. The masks were what they wore when they were first on Helghan but they eventually adapted. Visari brought back the masks as a symbol of pride and intimidation. They're purely symbolic.

I'm pretty sure that they have some sort of lung-burns that makes require masks all the time. I should look it up.

Artex

Banned
My biggest takeaway from this video is that I want to see Herman Hulst as the lead villain in a Die Hard movie.

Top Bottom