• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) announced, launch title [1080p/30fps]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffyside

Banned
These two quotes bode well:

This is a big deal to me. I'm glad they're focusing on traversal and different approaches. Stuff like that is what separates good FPS from great ones.

I didn't realize that there were that many NPCs.

I felt that was blatantly hinted at in the first demo, where the player strafes left, looks at the enemies holding the typical "entrance," and then looks up at the wall he eventually climbs over.

Still, if it's just "you can enter this area head-on, or this one other way," it's nothing but a gimmick, in my opinion. Very hard to create a real sense of openness.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I felt that was blatantly hinted at in the first demo, where the player strafes left, looks at the enemies holding the typical "entrance," and then looks up at the wall he eventually climbs over.

Still, if it's just "you can enter this area head-on, or this one other way," it's nothing but a gimmick, in my opinion. Very hard to create a real sense of openness.

In the demo I couldn't tell if that was the only way through or not.

I just hope it's like Crysis where you can climb a lot.

thuway

I just hope they have more impressive looking environments. What they showed looked great, but didn't inspire me the way Deep Down did.

B.O.O.M

You know in the E3 demo, when you had to climb the wall on the side to flank the enemy, I wonder if instead you can just muscle your way through the front as well. Would make sense

I just hope they have more impressive looking environments. What they showed looked great, but didn't inspire me the way Deep Down did.

I think it's because Shadow Fall showed off great scale, but on the micro level the effect wasn't as impressive. Perhaps they didn't have enough time to polish that section, or they just chose a bad section to show off.

I hope that there are more intimate areas that show insane texture detail and lighting effects. Being in daylight sort of hurt, as I always felt Killzone looked its best at night.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think it's because Shadow Fall showed off great scale, but on the micro level the effect wasn't as impressive. Perhaps they didn't have enough time to polish that section, or they just chose a bad section to show off.

I hope that there are more intimate areas that show insane texture detail and lighting effects. Being in daylight sort of hurt, as I always felt Killzone looked its best at night.

In the lighting presentation they talked about a segment that has spotlights searching for the player so I bet that'll be at night.

I think the area shown in the demo was chosen because it was more vibrant than what the series is typically known for, plus the overview of the city was a perfect next gen money shot.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???

image.php

Excellent

Blizzje

Anyone know where I can find the highest quality gameplay video for this? Gamersyde has the teaser up, but I can't find a nice quality gameplay video anywhere.

Blizzje

Once you've seen the press video (teaser) that clocked in at 1,1 gigs, it's hard to go back to inferior quality. Thanks though!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

I seriously hope so. The only time that the helghast mythos have been explored were in the KZ3 intro, and even then they were from KZ2 or only hinted some less known aspects of the Helghans (like forced worked, the manipulated ascension of Visari to power, people disagreeing with the government, etc.).

I hope they really do fulfill this promise, I really want this game to be good.

It looks like it's from a new screen or something, because I don't recall it being in any of the released footage.

it actually isn't lol.
/beaten

From earlier in the thread.

EDIT: Actually, that's not the full quality one. There was a 1GB version knocking about somewhere.

this is actually the 720p raw quality vid sony released. It has the highest quality of all the vids from the second Kz demo released by GG. Even at 720p, the quality is glorious

raven777

I think this is in-engine. The background looks the same from the reveal, as for the character model notice the wrinkles on the jacket present in the build that was running on 3gb ram, then compare the bottom one. I think it might be the updated in-game model.

the top one look bad but realized that its because the scene is all dusty and brown. Hopefully we will have a lot of scenes like the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom