• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall vs. COD: Ghosts

Tried to find as high-res of photos as I could for comparison.

KZ: SF

KZ4_Chase1.jpg

KZ4_Blast6.jpg

e0ec14f6_Killzone_Shadow_Fall_Trailer_Screenshot_09.jpeg

900x900px-LL-3e4b17f8_Killzone_Shadow_Fall_Trailer_Screenshot_08.jpeg

fcb14e0d_Killzone_Shadow_Fall_Trailer_Screenshot_06.jpeg

COD: Ghosts

codghosts4-lg.jpg

codghosts3-lg.jpg

codghosts1-lg.jpg

codghosts2-lg.jpg

trmas

Banned
Throw the xbox owners a bone! That isn't a fair comparison at all - wait until we see what KZ looks like when not early in development at E3. It REALLY won't be a fair comparison

coldfoot

Banned
If Guerilla can make KZ 60 fps, I honestly believe they have a shot at outselling COD Ghosts on the PS4 (obviously not total sales of a multiplatform game)

Danny 117

I prefer the killzone graphics obviously but it's running at half the framerate.

It it came down to it and I only had $60 I'd buy Ghosts.. :(

Sethos

Banned
Both FPS on next gen systems...

Killzone is a first party exclusive, made by a developer known for their visual talent and it's running 30FPS.

CoD: Ghost is a cross-gen game made for pretty much every single platform meaning it wasn't developed specifically for next-gen console hardware, made by a developer not exactly famous for their visuals as of late and more their iteration churning and it's running 60FPS.

Apples, Bananas.

Waaghals

Hm, COD looks pretty detailed actually, unfortunately at first glance it looks just like the old games.
Lack visual punch.

Killzone is a first party exclusive, made by a developer known for their visual talent and it's running 30FPS.

CoD: Ghost is a cross-gen game made for pretty much every single platform meaning it wasn't developed specifically for next-gen console hardware, made by a developer not exactly famous for their visuals as of late and more their iteration churning and it's running 60FPS.

Apples, Bananas.

well said Sethos. You are the man

I am sure the next CoD which will be Xbone, PC and PS4 exclusive will look great :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If Guerilla can make KZ 60 fps, I honestly believe they have a shot at outselling COD Ghosts on the PS4 (obviously not total sales of a multiplatform game)

Just FYI, if you were to rank Call of Duty and KZ sales in the US on the PS3, here's what you'd get:
Black Ops
MW3
Black Ops 2 (still selling--actually, I don't have April data so it may have moved up)
MW2
... gap of two millon units...
MW
... gap of 500,000 units...
WaW
... gap of one million units...
Killzone 2
... gap of several hundred thousand units...
Killzone 3

So I'm not saying you're wrong, it's not impossible, but you're proposing something that's very very very different than what's been going on for the last 6 or 7 years.

trmas

Banned
My teenage daughter found out from my son that the next CoD has a dog in it - we're getting that right? Geez...

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Have past Killzone games come anywhere close?

No, and if they are both released around the PS4 launch people will go for the game they know, aka COD. Still, a KZ game at launch could help cement it as the premier,exclusive FPS on PS4 which could help it grow throughout the next few years.

Killzone looks like a generational leap, cod looks like a last gen game but is at least 60 fps

Too bad killzone is only 30 fps... (which makes it worthless)

If only we could have both.
we can it's called pc

Top Bottom