• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone - The Complete Collection coming to PC & PS5 late 2022?

Artistic

Only one I played was Killzone 2. SP was decent and put a ton of time in the MP during it's launch.

I'll welcome a remastered collection 100%.

Rykan

I hope this is true, it's fantastic.

There is 0 chance this will have multiplayer. Collections typically come without their multiplayer intact and Killzone's multiplayer ran on dedicated servers. I doubt they will launch new servers for this.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Would be great if it included Killzone: Mercenary, but I’d be happy to give Killzone 2 another shot. I remember the last level being so hard I spiked a DualShock 3.
One of the few games I had to quit because I couldn't beat the final boss. I think I was playing on whatever the default difficulty was too.

It may have just been a cheap fight (I think it was personally), but I am determined to beat the final boss one day.

I think I'd be happy with just KZ2 and KZ3 out of those four games. The multiplayer was surprisingly good too and I wonder if that would perhaps be one of the reasons they'd be looking to bring the franchise back.

ethomaz

Banned
I think that's what made it unique, I preferred how it ran despite peoples complaints.

I mean I made it to the top 1% of all players and loved the MP so friggen much.

It was a gem.
Me too.

Killzone 2’s MP is truly a gem.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
EUBt3Bv.png

Yeah, it is totally happening. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
6335762_preview.png
maxresdefault.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
Would they really have a marketing image like this made if the release is a year away?

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Two totally different things though. The fake one was supposed to include Uncharted 1-3.
Oh yeah I know, it's just funny that you take this picture to imply "it's fake it's not coming" while Uncharted IS coming to PC, and it's a trend that is not about to stop, next Spider-Man then God of War (or the opposite) ;)

Last edited:
I would replay through the campaigns for sure if this happened. I don't know if multiplayer would get any time from me. I've pretty much forgotten all the time I put in multiplayer in KZ2 and KZ3.

Romulus

Killzone 2? No way...

I know, nostalgia is real, but even in the 2000s, that input lag was shit for a competitive shooter.

Here's the thing, the developers improved it for KZ3 for a reason. It sucked. They never believed the "heavy" aiming feel shit themselves or they wouldn't have improved it. The problem is KZ3 is a worse game overall. So yeah, pretty much both the PS3 KZ games are terrible for one reason or another.

At least with KZ2, the input lag could be fixed and it would be a decent game with better input lag.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
It was very unlucky that Killzone 2 came out just right before COD: Modern Warfare boom! Every FPS wanted to be COD. Even Killzone 3.

Killzone 2 was amazing in every way! The "tank controls" made it so unique and very special.
The 200ms of input lag was horrible and made it unplayable for lots of people. Unless they reduce that significantly this will feel terrible in this day and age.

Romulus

Wrong, Killzone 2 could pass as a PS5 game with 60fps and some higher quality textures.

Not even close, maybe an ugly ps4 game. It's super linear and 2 colors. You're basically fighting the same group of 3 enemies over and over too, walking down a hall the entire game with a skybox and people screaming orders while scripted shit happens.

People also forget that the framerate was awful because the input lag stole the show in terms of negatives. Locked 30fps is the bare minimum bottom of the barrel and KZ2 didn't even come close to that.

Last edited:

Retinoid

I would love this to be true but I just can't see it happening. Killzone was never a juggernaut for Sony and they recently shut down their servers and killed killzone.com.

I think the IP is dead unfortunately.

Not even close, maybe an ugly ps4 game. It's super linear and 2 colors. You're basically fighting the same group of 3 enemies over and over too, walking down a hall the entire game with a skybox and people screaming orders while scripted shit happens.

People also forget that the framerate was awful because the input lag stole the show in terms of negatives. 30fps is the bare minimum bottom of the barrel and KZ2 didn't even come close to that.

I'm not sure you understand that, that is the point. It's supposed to be ugly and brown. I think it perfectly captures the atmosphere of a space war. Helghan is an industrial, militarized planet with a disgusting atmosphere that destroyed the health of it's inhabitants. There are such things as art styles in games you know.

The game is also supposed to be linear. It's a linear FPS campaign. CoD games are literally still like that for current gen. So I don't think that's any kind of real argument.

I've played trough the campaign countless times over the years and it's actually quite impressive that it was a PS3 launch title. If a team worked on it and added 60fps support with some updated textures it would be better than any current linear FPS on the current market.

Romulus

I'm not sure you understand that, that is the point. It's supposed to be ugly and brown. I think it perfectly captures the atmosphere of a space war. Helghan is an industrial, militarized planet with a disgusting atmosphere that destroyed the health of it's inhabitants. There are such things as art styles in games you know.

The game is also supposed to be linear. It's a linear FPS campaign. CoD games are literally still like that for current gen. So I don't think that's any kind of real argument.

I've played trough the campaign countless times over the years and it's actually quite impressive that it was a PS3 launch title. If a team worked on it and added 60fps support with some updated textures it would be better than any current linear FPS on the current market.

So why was KZ3 more colorful? War is suddenly more colorful? Just like the input lag, the devs fixed the mistakes. KZ2 wasn't a launch title either. I'm fine with it being linear, but in terms of speaking to what the game is doing technically, that is one aspect because it's not rendering much but outside "hallways."

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Remaster? No thanks. I played the first 2 Killzones...neither one was great. Thought about getting the PS4 Killzone. But nah, never bit.

I just don't really like FPS on Playstation. The controller just doesn't feel right to me. My Playstation is for action adventure, fighting games and exclusives. Maybe sports.

qiqiqiiq

I loved Killzone 3 multiplayer, but even if this turns out to be real I doubt they would include them, Uncharted 2 multiplayer would have been great for the Uncharted remasters but they didn't include it.

manfestival

I loved KZ2 and KZ3 MP. The only thing that sucked was that deadzone stick lag. I would so be in to finally play this with crisp PC controls unless they do something to gimp the experience. If KZ2 did not have that stupid lag, it would probably be recognized far more than it currently is.

Yoboman

I liked KZ2 multiplayer more than the single player. The game was eye candy but the game itself was a bit boring. I did actually finish it though so it must have done something alright

I feel like the original is the one that could use a comprehensive remake

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
People also forget that the framerate was awful because the input lag stole the show in terms of negatives. Locked 30fps is the bare minimum bottom of the barrel and KZ2 didn't even come close to that.
Nah, its bare minimum today but in the PS360 era, locked 30 fps was not very common. Most big AAA games dropped frames on a regular basis. KZ2 was one of the better ones when it came to average FPS at the time.

GTA5 came out 4 years later and he drops to 25-26 fps when driving around the city. On both platforms. TLOU had frame drops. Infamous came out around the same time and had frame drops. Halo 3 had frame drops. Nearly every third party game had framerate drops.

Top Bottom