• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kim Dotcom Says He Is Officially Broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you a high net worth individual, you should not get married legally at all. Put a ring, throw a party, get life insurance, put them in your will, but don't let the state get involved.

It's not even a gender thing. Halle Berry is paying out of her eyeballs in child support to her former husband. Same with Britney Spears.

yeah, i would never get married if i were wealthy.

params7

Banned
Like he said, he's an easy target. Shame on the governments for wasting resources on this.

Rapid share started the whole Http file sharing craze, megaupload was healthy competition.

t26

If you a high net worth individual, you should not get married legally at all. Put a ring, throw a party, get life insurance, put them in your will, but don't let the state get involved.

It's not even a gender thing. Halle Berry is paying out of her eyeballs in child support to her former husband. Same with Britney Spears.
You have to pay child support even if you are not married. Many football players are broke because they have too many kids with different women

oneils

pretty sure that the separation from his wife is strategic. Sounds like it was designed to shelter profits from the new venture (mega) from potential suits and/or seizure.

entremet

You have to pay child support even if you are not married. Many football players are broke because they have too many kids with different women

That's if the parent petitions via court, which of course the types that are NFL groupies, do.

Still marriage is riskier due to community property. Moreover, if you never have kids, you're free and clear.

Savitar

The hot wife left him, who knew this would happen!

And while I hate the industry for how they act towards internet users the guy always came off as a cocky asshole so I hardly feel bad for him.

Qvoth

let's be realistic here, he still probably has a few hundred millions stored in cayman islands or singapore or swiss etc

The guy seems way too smart just to blow all his fortune on legal fee. He definitely stashed extra millions of dollars somewhere the government can't get their hands on.

LosDaddie

Banned
The wife left him too? Damn.

Who didn't see that coming?

I thought his wife was with him for his charming personality.

This thread is hilarious to read in light of this.

I mean, it was obviously love at first sight. A real unexpected turn of events here. One would think their love could weather a storm like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom