• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinect - $150 / £130 / €150 - Kinect Adventures bundled

Official now.

UK
http://bit.ly/ddYO43

Console + Kinect + Kinect Adventures = £249.99

Get all of your controller-free entertainment in one complete package. This includes the all-new Xbox 360 4GB console, the revolutionary Kinect sensor and the Kinect Adventures game. In Kinect Adventures, you’ll get to navigate roaring rapids and mountain-top obstacle courses, and experience numerous other adventures in exotic locations.

Kinect + Kinect Adventures = £129.99

Already got an Xbox 360? This is the package for you! Kinect will work with all versions of Xbox 360, not just the recently released Xbox 360.

US
http://mjr.mn/bqFK6y
Kinect Pricing: Existing Xbox 360 owners can purchase Kinect and Kinect Adventures for $149.99 (U.S. ERP). Remember, Kinect will work with every Xbox 360 ever made.

Xbox 360 4GB Console: The new Xbox 360 4GB Console includes built in Wi-Fi N, 4GB of internal flash memory and a black matte finish. The console begins shipping August 3rd and will be available for $199.99 (U.S. ERP).

Kinect Holiday Bundle: Available later this year will, the bundle will contain: Xbox 360 4GB console, the Kinect sensor and Kinect Adventures packaged together for $299.99 (U.S. ERP).

Pre-order Kinect or the Xbox 360 Kinect Console Bundle today, and at launch receive a token to download three exclusive game levels for Kinect Adventures, the game included with Kinect.

Kinectimals, Kinect Sports and Kinect Joy Ride will retail for $49.99 (U.S. ERP) and are part of the 15 Kinect games that will be available at launch.

EU
149.99 Euro for the camera + Kinect Adventures, 299.99 Euro for the 4GB console bundle.
Source: AceyBongos, Twitter

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
This includes the all-new Xbox 360 4GB console
futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg

kuYuri

Apparently, some of the Kinect first party stuff will be $50.

Kinectimals, Kinect Sports and Kinect Joy Ride will retail for $49.99 (U.S. ERP) and are part of the 15 Kinect games that will be available at launch.

ultim8p00

Banned
Kinect goes up against Nintendo's already established and massively successful Wii console, which sells for $200 and comes with the sensor bar, single remote, single nunchuk, a MotionPlus add-on and copies of Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort.

Yeah....

DaBuddaDa

I think this is going to be a miserable failure. If it were standalone, it might do OK, but you need a 360 already for it to work! $299 + $149 + $games = $holyshit

Because I think it will be a failure, it will be a smashing success!

Who are they aiming this at?

Prexisting 360 owners who don't like sitting down during gaming desperately in need a shameless Wii-Sports knockoff and have $150 to spare during a recession for a two-player-maximum casual gaming experience.

Where are these people?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The $300 console bundle will sell a ton.

$150 isn't too bad, I may consider getting one. Same price as Move bundle with 2 controllers.

$299/£249/€299 bundle is the only good news out of this.

I guess the bundled game softens the blow as well, but I can't see it selling that well to existing 360 owners.

Majine

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:
I think this is going to be a miserable failure. If it were standalone, it might do OK, but you need a 360 already for it to work! $299 + $149 + $games = $holyshit

Because I think it will be a failure, it will be a smashing success!

Didn't you read about the 299 dollar bundle?

WaltJay

::herewego.gif::

Well, at least they included a game. I would have preferred $100 with no games or just some demos. At least the games aren't $60. :lol

The $300 bundle looks decent considering it has wifi and is the latest model.

This will be an interesting holiday season.

DaBuddaDa

Majine said:
Didn't you read about the 299 dollar bundle?
For an inferior product, yes.

In our current economic climate, I can't see people going out in droves spending $150 for a peripheral. The only way Microsoft can make this a success is to get the media on its side raving about how new and unique it is so it makes thousands of "must have this christmas!" lists.

GhaleonEB

Seda said:
Didn't know if this was known already, but the date of the 4GB console is confirmed too
I'm not biting at $150, not even close. That new Arcade SKU is pretty great, though. The Wireless built in, plus the internal memory, plust being able to save onto USB drives means $200 gets you a viable online console. It's about time.

mclem

The console + kinect + game bundle strikes me as actually pretty good, which does make me wonder if there's a catch. One thing did cross my mind: Does it actually contain a controller? I mean, they do say it's "all your controller-free entertainment in one package"...

PSGames

So 299 comes with Arcade unit, Kinect and a game? Now that's a pretty awesome deal for new comers.

The 4GB is internal flash memory, and the console has a black matte finish. Otherwise it's exactly the same as the "whisper quiet" Xbox 360 250GB, and includes built in Wi-Fi, the smaller design, and a hard drive bay.

"It will effectively replace the Arcade console," Greenberg said. "We see it as a great value entry price point for consumers. We're upgrading the storage to a full 4GB, which is quite a bit of storage. At £149.99 we think that's a great price point."

I was wondering how they would differentiate the look of this and the Elite.

Owzers

Deadly Cyclone said:
The $300 console bundle will sell a ton.

$150 isn't too bad, I may consider getting one. Same price as Move bundle with 2 controllers.

That $299 bundle does seem like a better deal but wtf are they doing punishing people who already own a 360 by charging a lawl price for kinect?

Xavien

£130? :lol :lol :lol

The thing will die a quick death in the UK.

Just for comparison, the DSi XL is only £8 more.

Another Comparison the Wii (with Wii Sports, controller and nunchuk) is £1 cheaper :lol :lol

Struct09

If it weren't for Dance Central I wouldn't even be tempted. Dammit Harmonix, I've already spent too much money thanks to you.

I think I'll be able to hold off...

jagowar

The bundle will do very well at $299...... most people were talking about the bundle @ $400.

I'm actually glad they bundled adventures in over sports (and copy the wii again). I was actually going to buy that game and now I don't have to.

Averon

I have to say that the $299 bundle looks excellent for newcomers. Makes the $400 PS3 Move a joke in comparison.

Mad_Ban

Hahaha. Fucking hell! :lol

I really want to get one, but for £130? No fucking way MS. I'll wait until it drops in price.

300 bundle is definitely the better deal,but at least they decided to bundle a game with it. Too bad its not a game I was very interested in. I think Ill upgrade my launch 360 with the 300 package, is this available for preorder?

Good to see that MS knew not to say this at E3 PR at its best lol but they had to tell us at some point and we all knew anyway why they didnt tell us

Top Bottom