• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinect - $150 / £130 / €150 - Kinect Adventures bundled

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
BritBloke916 said:
Nav controller is optional (you can use the DS3 instead). Nice try though!

I am not holding an entire controller as a nunchuck. :lol

Not sure what of the motion controls I will buy this fall. Kinect has a ton of potential and I like the Minority Report menus, and Move has great games...

Well unfortunately the Microsoft pricing schemes fails to convince me to become an Xbot so soon. The 4G is a bit pricey, in my opinion. Guess my source of power will remain my PS3.

I hope some awesome post holiday deals come around though, maybe Ill be convinced then, lol.

Kinect Adventures is so hot though, do want.

Mad_Ban

The whole point of their slim console was to reduce costs, and hopefully pass it onto the consumer.

I'd hope that they'd price the Arcade bundle at $250 just before launch, but then why announce the official price now?

smh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Are any move games played online?

Socom, Killzone, LBP2, RE5 off of the top of my head.

--

I didn't know that Microsoft was charging fifty bucks for First-Party Kinect titles... Wow.

I was expecting a different pricing structure for the Arcade. I mean, for the fact that the only thing that differentiates the two is now a hard drive, a 100 dollar difference is staggering.

RBH

kinect-bundle-003-rm-eng.jpg

kinect-bundle-002-rm-eng.jpg

kinect-bundle-004-rm-eng.jpg

kinect-bundle-007-rm-eng.jpg

BritBloke916 said:
Nav controller is optional (you can use the DS3 instead). Nice try though!
and are there any move titles that require two separate wands+navis? I thought most were pass & play where you only needed one wand+navi?

I was looking at getting a move bundle plus navi controller, but if i need more than one navi for multiplayer that would make me wait.

Second said:
Well, PS Move offers cheaper games. So you'll be paying less for Move in the end. :p
How much are move games?

Also, does this confirm the new arcade will be $150 at launch?

In any case, I'm going to have to sit out on Kinect, that's like Guitar Hero kinds of expensive.

Is Europe crazy about motion controls or something? between the prices for Move and the PS3 Nunchuck, it seems like both companies think they can get away that shit.

$150 with a game isn't too bad, though. People have spent crazy amounts on guitar heros and rock bands in the past, and that is for a single game.

$50 for games is too much. Sony dropped Move games to $40 and I think that was a good idea, one of the few to come out of this mess.

dose

besiktas1 said:
Ok, spin doctor fanbot here :D :
Kinect aimed for multiplayer (2 people) with game, Total = £130

Move for 2 people =
PlayStation Move Motion Controller & Eye Camera = £50
PlayStation Move Navigation Controller X 2 = £50
2nd PlayStation Move Motion Controller = £35
Move Game = £40

Total = £175

Kinect is cheaper *coolface.jpg*

Price expected but fuu- that's expensive :( No buy for me... at least not at launch. Move I'll get at launch though just for one, then add second one later.
Umm, so what about those people that just want to/can only play single player? They are forced to pay £130 for a multiplayer device, but Move will be cheaper for them.
Close, but....

Vinci

Danish
Dedication Through Light said:
Well unfortunately the Microsoft pricing schemes fails to convince me to become an Xbot so soon. The 4G is a bit pricey, in my opinion. Guess my source of power will remain my PS3.

Nevermind your obsession with 'lol' - what is your obsession with 'power'?

Empty

£130. just wow. right now a full Wii console (with WSR) is sold for £165, to give a comparison. staggeringly idiotic.

CozMick

Banned
Why are you guys talking about Playstation Move?

Oh that's right, to try and justify the One Hundred and Thirty Pound price tag!

What a fucking rip-off :lol

£1=$1? I don't fucking think so Microsoft.

gcubed

i'll leave my comments out re Kinect, but the new $199 arcade with wifi and 4gb built in is going to be pretty big IMO. It makes it a viable online console right off the shelf.

as far as comparison with kinect... oh how the tables have turned from the ps3 launch with list wars. I think it has been made abundantly clear this gen that people don't look past initial purchase price

So is they any hard core games for launch? or do they think casuals will jump in first day? and buy a 360 with this......... good luck

:lol I can really see some casuals thinking you'll not need an 360 at that price

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Maleficence said:
But with Kinect you're only buying Dance Central and never using it again. You'll probably be buying a few games for the Move as Sony support it with "hardcore" games.

Move is clearly the more expensive option. :D
Don't forget Child of Eden.

But yeah, after the response that Kinect has received from online gaming communities, I'd say there aren't any other third party hardcore games on the horizon.

Vinci said:
Nevermind your obsession with 'lol' - what is your obsession with 'power'?

Well my experience has shown me that games on powerful hardware, are more fun that those that are not.

Oh wait, lol, I just realized that I would want the $300 bundle, that is perhaps awesome deal. Though, how much is Xbox Live (would it still come with months free with a new console purchase?)

DMeisterJ said:
Socom, Killzone, LBP2, RE5 off of the top of my head.

--

I didn't know that Microsoft was charging fifty bucks for First-Party Kinect titles... Wow.

I was expecting a different pricing structure for the Arcade. I mean, for the fact that the only thing that differentiates the two is now a hard drive, a 100 dollar difference is staggering.
Shit, I meant to say Kinect games. I wanted to know if Kinect games went online so the person with that bundle would instantly need Live gold.

What a disappointment. Really thought they were going to be more aggressive about getting the standalone unit into the market and growing a large userbase among existing system owners more quickly for the dedicated software to sell more widely. They must really have a lot of faith for this to do well out of the gate. The launch software's going to have to really have to bear even more of the weight of expectation now that the price is so high to start on top of the console cost of entry. Maybe I shouldn't have been so willing to believe that their lack of confirmation and comment on pricing rumors at retail meant a surprise...that's what I get for being too hopeful, I suppose. No more Kool-Aid for me even if I am picking it up on day one.

Vinci

Danish
Well my experience has shown me that games on powerful hardware, are more fun that those that are not.

Wow. Okay. If it works for you, that's cool.

Jb

Krev said:

But yeah, after the response that Kinect has received from online gaming communities, I'd say there aren't any other third party hardcore games on the horizon.
At least if Kinect is a success third party games will have a better chance to sell than on the Wii.

JBuccCP

The Matte 360 looks pretty good. The glossy one looks cheap. Too bad you have to buy a hard drive, how much are the new ones?

Doodis

I must be the only one on GAF picking this up. Purchased the bundle at Walmart with the $30 gift card. I fully expect to have a great time with my 4-year-old.

That being said, if I didn't have a 4-year-old, I'm not sure I'd be jumping in just yet.

Krev said:

I thought it was confirmed for the PS3 and PC already...

The_Technomancer said:
Okay, for those of you who don't know, 130 British Pounds is approximately 198 US Dollars!
v7v9ud.gif

Though in Kinect's shitty defence that includes the VAT, americans still have to pay a few dollars on top of their $149.99

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Microsoft could actually sell A LOT of the $300 Kinect bundle units. I think it will mainly be people who just want the console and see the included sensor as a nice bonus, though. I don't think that Kinect is going to have great long-term support.

I...uh...what

Doodis said:
I must be the only one on GAF picking this up. Purchased the bundle at Walmart with the $30 gift card. I fully expect to have a great time with my 4-year-old.

That being said, if I didn't have a 4-year-old, I'm not sure I'd be jumping in just yet.

You really need to spend $150 to have fun with a 4 year old? I know 4 year olds, they'd probably have just as much fun with a cardboard box.

watership said:
It looks like the short term profit argument won out at MS.
It really feels like they were fighting over 100 vs 150. The 100 argument is that if you get more units into people's hands, you can make money off the software faster. The 150 argument is 'FU this costs us 150 to build!'. The higher price is awful but I think losing 50 bux a sell is the worse way to go for them.

gcubed

Krev said:
Microsoft could actually sell A LOT of the $300 Kinect bundle units. I think it will mainly be people who just want the console and see the included sensor as a nice bonus, though. I don't think that Kinect is going to have great long-term support.

I...uh...what

i agree with both of these, i think the only reason the move will have any kind games after its initial launch and cool down period is because it can get Wii ports.

Deku

Banned
Doodis said:

Getting a bundle ? Get the Wii.

As for the pricing,
$300 for bundle is too much. $150 is too much.

This rebranding/relaunch doesn't look like it will fly. Especially after having a look at the breakdown of the 360 NPD June numbers from Gamastura.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Maleficence said:
I thought it was confirmed for the PS3 and PC already...
Yeah, but you were saying you'd play Dance Central and never use Kinect again. I was saying you'd play Child of Eden with it.

Struggling to see an ounce of potential success in this at that price. In fact, Dance Central peripheral aside, I was struggling to see an ounce of potential success in it at $50.

felipeko

szaromir said:
$299 is a bit steep price of entry, heck they had their "casual SKU" positioned at $199 in 2008 and two years later after hardware revision it's $100 more. I was honestly considering Kinect for Dance Central, it would be a big hit at parties, but at $149 MS can forget about the whole thing.
Then you should consider just dance as Dance Central is single player.

Top Bottom