• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinect Sports Rivals seemingly delayed to Spring 2014

wrog

According to the new fact sheet I found on Xbox Wire, Kinect Sports Rivals is no longer a launch title...

agJA632.jpg

Link

Link 2

A Microsoft representative confirmed the delay to Polygon, saying that the game was pushed back so developer Rare had extra time to polish the title and release Kinect Sports Rivals without compromising the game's quality. The Xbox One game will be playable for the first time at PAX Prime and Gamescom in August.

jond76

Banned
Uhg. I hope they can manage this for launch. They need something to show off Kinect.

As for the low reply count: its Kinect, is it really that surprising here?

Miles X

Gees really? There are loads of games at launch! (where do you people find the time and money?!)

I'm glad this is spring now, will give me something to play other than Titanfall.

lord pie

I am slightly disappointed they brought tennis back from KS2, instead of table tennis from KS1. I felt TT was a perfect fit for the device in KS1 and worked really well.

Ohh well. I'll hold out hope for a RockStar TT 2.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Gees really? There are loads of games at launch! (where do you people find the time and money?!)

I'm glad this is spring now, will give me something to play other than Titanfall.
This is the Kinect 2.0 showcase, though. People will really point to this when complaining about mandatory Kinect if not at launch.

bronzeP

Banned
What's so special on Kinect Sports? I didn't find it that entertaining. The only Kinect title I barely played was Kinect Adventures (which came with the Sensor).

I use Kinect much more for menu navigation, voice search and Skyrim's voice commands (best Kinect feature for a core game ever made).

According to the new fact sheet I found on Xbox Wire, Kinect Sports Rivals is no longer a launch title...

agJA632.jpg

Link

Link doesn't work anymore.

I'd assume that it's still a launch title though and that was just a mistake, which they now pulled. Kinect Sports Rivals even has some extra DLC included with the Day One editions.

It would suck if it was delayed though. Kinect Sports is actually pretty awesome. Fun to play with a bunch of friends. We used to play tons of Volleyball at my house.

Kerub

Banned
I am slightly disappointed they brought tennis back from KS2, instead of table tennis from KS1. I felt TT was a perfect fit for the device in KS1 and worked really well.

Ohh well. I'll hold out hope for a RockStar TT 2.

Yes please.

jaypah

Saw this coming. Just not a lot of details for a game coming out so soon, especially as it looked to be a Kinect 2.0 showcase. I figured it would be delayed. Maybe I'll have my 180 by then!

edit: yeah, I thought this had a Day One edition? Maybe this was a typo.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Bad news, I expected it to be the best Kinect showcase. Their family lineup is pretty thin this fall then. I know a company that will take this news with even more relief than the $500 Xbox One price.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Bad news, I expected it to be the best Kinect showcase. Their family lineup is pretty thin this fall then. I know a company that will take this news with even more relief than the $500 Xbox One price.

The Wii-U gets a nice christmas sales bump out of this, i'd wager.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Link doesn't work anymore.

I'd assume that it's still a launch title though and that was just a mistake, which they now pulled. Kinect Sports Rivals even has some extra DLC included with the Day One editions.

It would suck if it was delayed though. Kinect Sports is actually pretty awesome. Fun to play with a bunch of friends. We used to play tons of Volleyball at my house.

Or it's pulled because this wasn't how they wanted to unveil the delay. We'll see.

Tonguer

This is the Kinect 2.0 showcase, though. People will really point to this when complaining about mandatory Kinect if not at launch.

This!

I'll hold out hope that this is a mistake. Not sure it will be a lunch purchase for me, but likely - fun to play with family.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So with this (assuming the release isn't a mistake) and Fantasia being 2014 what Kinect based games will there be at launch?

Has anyone else actually tried the link? Is it working for anyone else?

It really just seems like this is a typo. They're still selling the game as the Day One edition everywhere, and if they were to delay the game, we'd probably know by now.

Jb

Weird, if there's one launch game I'd expected to be delayed, it would have been Dead Rising.

Alx

I wasn't already sure I'd get the X1 this year, but if kinect sports doesn't release before 2014 that may seal it.

Top Bottom