• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV gets a graphical upgrade in 1.10 patch

Rhapsody

Banned
It seems like KoFXIV gets another patch, this time with a small graphical boost. The new version 1.10 will be playable at PSX. Date for the patch along with what else it will include is unknown. They've made patch notes in the past, so it's pretty safe that we can expect one later when they're ready.

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/803068526231621632
G-Mantle (ゲーマント)
‏@SNKPofficial
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
Be one of the first people to play the newest version of KOF XIV (Ver. 1.10) at PSX2016! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

For a comparison https://twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/803075614571757568
Old
CyUY8vOUoAMhBSb.jpg

New
CyUY9smVIAEVuyb.jpg

While I'm sure fans are wanting something more, it's a start, and it's nice to see SNK still trying to address the issue even months after its release.

Edit: Even more

Neoxon

It's honestly amazing what a difference improved lighting can make.....unless SNK is improving more than the lighting (it seems like they edited the background for Kyo's Level 3, so perhaps the visual changes will be more comprehensive than just lighting).

That being said, Kyo looks a bit sinister with the new lighting.

Cleve

Gotta love the support they're putting in to the title. I wonder if it will get a pro update at all with nicer AA.

Oh wow, that's pretty cool. They didn't have to, but they did anyway. Nice job, SNK!

Maybe this could be a continuous process with further updates down the line?

Cool, hopefully they keep it up. No matter how fun KoF14 is, hard to deny its got some ugly character models. Glad to see the improvement though.

sephi22

This will be the first game on console to go from base to HD remaster on the same unit Kappa

In all seriousness, this is awesome. I played the shit out of it in the first 2 weeks of launch but then my internet was shit for 2 months. I'm back on gdlk broadband now but I'm afraid the ps4 online scene would be a ghost town. Is it?

Then again, I can always play with gaffers.

Game looked like hot plastic garbage before, so this is much needed. Hopefully it gets another down the line at some point. The franchise deserves better than it's been given as of late.

Gitaroo

need pro update, that would eliminate a lot of the jaggies in the background and faster loading time would be nice too.

Spman2099

I appreciate the effort, but I wish they would just get on to adding Vanessa. The game is quite simply never going to look good. That ship has sailed. Tweak gameplay and content, don't concern yourself with the lacking visuals. Basically, work on having a good personality, KoF XIV.

Mister Wolf

Real nice improvement. Kyo doesn't look like he's wearing lipstick anymore. Glad I bought this game and appreciate that the developer is still working to improve their product.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Character models still look like ass though. :x When they patch in PS3-era models instead of these PS2 ones, that'll be a patch.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
And people laughed on here and SRK when I said they could do graphical updates post-release...

... it's very good to see how SNK is supporting this, with the incoming monthly costume DLC, the patches, and the tournament support offered to almost anyone who wants to run one for the game. They actually treat this like a long-term product, rather than a one-and-done.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them continue on like this. It's what I wanted for XIII, and it's actually happening this time.

Top Bottom