• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

BadWolf

I am looking forward to Kukri too. But at the same time...when they just let us play as (or at least FIGHT) Ron? Me wanna play as Chinese Assassin Necromancer!

CItZMwo.gif

He has potential for sure. Though it seems they have incorporated some of that into Duo Lon with the 'souls' during his super/neomax.

Tangent:

Last Blade 2 PS4/Vita on May 24:

I maintain they revived this because it's next on SNK's list for a new installment

It puts the idea of Last Blade 3 on the table but SamSho is most likely their next project.

Oh and to be taken with a grain of salt but Laban said that the guy who worked on LB2 was at PSX and when he asked him about LB3 he said that he was trying to convince the higher ups to green light the project.

Complain if you like but that won't do much good outside of repeating the same things that have already been said countless times.

Most people, including those who are defending it, know that it doesn't look amazing. They have just dealt with it and are getting excited for everything else, which there is a lot to be excited for.

And at least wait for the game to be finished/released and see it in motion in 1080p/60fps before trying to fix it.

TreIII

Tangent:

Last Blade 2 PS4/Vita on May 24: https://t.co/P32s8x8RyE

I maintain they revived this because it's next on SNK's list for a new installment

Not that I would complain in the least, but it would seem quite random for LB to get this treatment, when all signs pointed initially that SS was the one due up next.

Could be interesting, either way. Wonder if Neo_G is involved with either one, at this point.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Character specific intros are back? Nice. 13 didn't have them, did it?

Just note we haven't seen one in a match yet. We've seen Billy posing to Geese, and the intro from the first few teasers, but nothing special between people in the one build they've had since Hong Kong.

Hopefully, we'll see some soon, in this next build update near month's end. Maybe it'll premiere at PAX? We can only hope.

BadWolf

Hopefully, we'll see some soon, in this next build update near month's end. Maybe it'll premiere at PAX? We can only hope.

Really hope the PAX build is the new build or it would be a lost opportunity, 24 playable characters would leave a much better impression on people than a 9 character build from January.

I need match footage of Angel and Luong.

shaowebb

Buying a PS4 for this game. I've held off till now on next gen stuff, because their weren't any titles I cared too much for that were exclusive yet. KOF is one. I'm in.

Again, I'd think it'd be a perfect fit for Neo_G's official "rite of passage" as a SNKP member, to be directing a game like this.

Take it back to basics, and then add his own personal flavor on top.

I agree; Make it as enjoyable & memorable as Samurai Spirits II/Samurai Shodown II.

Complain if you like but that won't do much good outside of repeating the same things that have already been said countless times.

Most people, including those who are defending it, know that it doesn't look amazing. They have just dealt with it and are getting excited for everything else, which there is a lot to be excited for.

And at least wait for the game to be finished/released and see it in motion in 1080p/60fps before trying to fix it.

I can't wait for KOF XV to come out in a few years so that people like Village will shut up about the graphics, because mainly, SNK Playmore won't have to do much work on the characters because most of the cast has already been made.

Ignore that other pic from the tweet, just saw it was a fake.

Bought a PS4 last week and a new monitor as well, I'll probably buy a few games before XIV hits anyway.

Finaika

I can't wait for KOF XV to come out in a few years so that people like Village will shut up about the graphics, because mainly, SNK Playmore won't have to do much work on the characters because most of the cast has already been made.

KOFXV will surely be a looker.

shaowebb

Now's a great time to buy a PS4.

I need to know a bit more about whats goin on with this incremental PS4.5 stuff first. It'll likely come out real soon and I can decide what I need to grab in terms of system models. I'm looking forward to playing a team of new cast. MuiMui/Kukri/Banderas is my planned flavor.

TreIII

Realistically, I'd expect XV would look much better compared to its predecessor. But I still don't think it will be necessarily top of the line.

If anything, I expect the probable heirs to Samurai Shodown, MOTW and Last Blade's legacies to be the places for SNKP to really experiment with 3D to make for interesting and enthralling art styles to try and capture what the MVS originals accomplished. Which I think will be very possible because, again, none of those games have the kind of roster sizes that KOF demands.

Numb

Buying a PS4 for this game. I've held off till now on next gen stuff, because their weren't any titles I cared too much for that were exclusive yet. KOF is one. I'm in.
Great timing with the PS4K
If the game gets a boost out of it
Mai's legs look kind of... meaty? Especially around the thighs. She looks taller/larger than her XIII version.

A shot of her during the exact same moment from her reveal trailer:
Going after Chun thickness

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Playstation Japan released an awesome Line Up Trailer featuring The King Of Fighters XIV and a bunch of other games

LINK

Those fire effects don't look too hot.
Well .. it's not that the game is a visual master piece... :3
They do have to step it up and release uncompressed screenshots, the JPG compression is not doing any favors.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Banderas sounds familiar - any hints on his VA?

I saw some people throw around ideas (Like thinking he's Law from One Piece or something), but nothing concrete. I'm surprised no one's compiled a list of changed and consistent Seiyuu yet.

I like them in motion (where they perfectly burn out into ash and soot afterwards), but there is a "We're a circular collection of balls!" effect going on that was kinda similar in XIII too that I"d prefer not to see.* Expecially for Mai, where her flame should be more directional in nature.

*And yes, I got the joke too.

Playstation Japan released an awesome Line Up Trailer featuring The King Of Fighters XIV and a bunch of other games

LINK

I linked it above too:) DON DON DON'T STOP! I think the pic of Ralf punching Billy on the ground is new... snippet from upcoming hype trailer?

JayEH

Wait for PS4 Neo for Neo Geo quality effects.

I saw some people throw around ideas (Like thinking he's Law from One Piece or something), but nothing concrete. I'm surprised no one's compiled a list of changed and consistent Seiyuu yet.

The only one that sounds different to me is Iori. I think it is Joseph Joestar/Kaz Miller's VA.

Tizoc

LINK

Well .. it's not that the game is a visual master piece... :3
They do have to step it up and release uncompressed screenshots, the JPG compression is not doing any favors.

You did get the joke at least right?

BadWolf

Sony hints KOF14 might launch before Fall.

Still expecting September personally.

LINK

The character variety makes the game look hype in a montage.

I think the pic of Ralf punching Billy on the ground is new... snippet from upcoming hype trailer?

It is new for sure, at first I thought it might be his ground pound/explosion move from XIII but with that cinematic angle it's probably his EX super or Climax DM.

Top Bottom