• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

Tizoc

In celebration of KoF 14 releasing this year, all fans looking forward to it must feature a sombrero in their avatar~

Latest trailer-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeB-4s1Cho4

The leaked roster from 6 or so months ago
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/202160/x

Yup it will announce on TGS2015.It's confirmed.As you know it only on PS4.50 characters and one third are new comers.

There are Japan team,Fatal Fury team,Art of Fighting team,K team,IKARI team,Psycho Soldier team,Iori team,nothing change of them.
So let's talk about the new comers.Women Fighters team have one new member,Alice.And her costume same as the PACHISLOT "餓狼伝説PREMIUM".
Mai,King,Alice,that's the new Women Fighters team.
Kim team has his master and master's wife,all of them three using kick attack,may Taekwondo.
By the way,master's wife very young.So where are Kim's two apprentices?

There's another team,the BAD GUY,all the three are prisoners,Chang,Choi,and one new character,they wearing orange prisoners clothing.
Mexico team,three wrestlers.If you know KOF enough,you may know who they are.Three Mexican wrestler,Ramon,Angel,and Tizoc with a dinosaur mask and tail.
I hope he do not be so cute like Yoshi.

Guess who the Hero team?Chinese team but I don't know the exact name.One youth,one child,and Tung Fu Rue.
The youth have devil's power but is it likes Dante or Oishi?We will see it.
No Elisabeth team this time.You won't see Duo Lon and Shen Woo.

The official team,one Chinese girl with Sichuan Opera mask,one idol singer girl,and one hood man,may looks like Assassin of UBISOFT.

South Town team,Geese,Billy,and a new character.

South America team,one ninja,one cyborg boxer,and one girl.

There also a team with other game or SLOT characters.Nakoruru,Love Heart,and Mui Mui.

One boss from Russian,one final boss we don't know what is it.That's all 50 characters.See it on TGS next month.

Hey if SF5 got one I figure one for KoF 14 should be allowed.

At any rate, much like the Ken Bogard leak, that above list seems true so far at least, and the fact that post hasn't been editted in months gives it a little more credit.

Geese is rumored to be revealed during EVO, that or we might get a special CGI video featuring him.

Tizoc

It's a shame that Vanessa isn't coming back, but I suppose that we could get her via DLC.

Watch as the cyborg boxer turns out to be Cyborg Rick on his quest for REVENGEANCE against Geese for that rigged Death Match that left him a shambling corpse.
Who also uses Vanessa's moves :V

Zerojul

I will miss my man Yamazaki but if the new chars are as fantastic as k.o.d. we're in for a hell of a treat.

My only negative is that Blue Mary is nowhere to be seen, though Vanessa is a minor bummer too. Aside from that the leaked roster is pretty much perfect for me. All of the characters I like, plus the new ones sound pretty appealing as well. Hell if it's true, and The King of Dinosaurs is Tizoc's new design, I'm pretty excited for the changes for the fighters not announced yet.

So, is this looking somewhat better than it did when it was revealed?

Anyone play it yet? Does it still look terrible, etc.,.

delSai

So far the only character i'd put in my mainteam is Benimaru. I hope Mature gets revealed soon.
And maaaybe Rick/Vanessa and Shermie are goin' to be DLC. Please?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I'd like to think the 'Russian Billionaire' is Rugal in disguise :p

BTW Max, did you make a reaction video for the new Kof14 trailer?

Negative, but it is looking better. I'm more wanting to play KOF14 now that Sam Sho has a chance of coming back. If these games are semi successful, it could a resurgence of SNK fighters. Maybe even a new Fatal Fury or Last Blade...

Dio

Banned
So, is this looking somewhat better than it did when it was revealed?

Anyone play it yet? Does it still look terrible, etc.,.

As of the newest material there are far better looking and higher quality 3D models for the promo art, instead of the models they had for char select a while ago. They're working things out and constantly improving the game graphically, as far as I can tell. Hell, there are several clear model tweaks you can see between iterations BEFORE this.

rs8kb7L.jpg

tzare

I wish some characters from classic SNK (and adk too) games could be included at some point:

Lee from AoF

Kim and rasputin from WH

Cheng , Tung and Bob from real Bout series too.

Tizoc

I wish some characters from classic SNK (and adk too) games could be included at some point:

Lee from AoF

Kim and rasputin from WH

Cheng , Tung and Bob from real Bout series too.

Might want to read the list in the first post one more time ;P

Rymuth

Geese returning pleases me to no end. I'm hoping for a new mix on his theme song.

Perhaps this is the year the USA Sports team finally keep their invitations?

Dinosaur Tizoc is the greatest thing ever.
Your name is ironic, given that Tizoc is no longer a 'face' but a 'heel' XP

As of the newest material there are far better looking and higher quality 3D models for the promo art, instead of the models they had for char select a while ago. They're working things out and constantly improving the game graphically, as far as I can tell. Hell, there are several clear model tweaks you can see between iterations BEFORE this.

Alright, thanks. Not a soul that doesn't prefer XIII's art style though, right?

Here's hoping the game lands on its feet in the end..

Tizoc

Geese returning pleases me to no end. I'm hoping for a new mix on his theme song.

Perhaps this is the year the USA Sports team finally keep their invitations?

Your name is ironic, given that Tizoc is no longer a 'face' but a 'heel' XP

#FREETEAMUSA

The game looks markedly better than its first unveiling, but some of the model's faces are pretty wonky. Overall they're hit and miss. Chang, KOD and Kula all look up to par, but no amount of prettying up can save Andy or Kyo's models. Overall the game looks good enough for me though.

seriously wtf is with Andy's model

King of Dinosaurs screams "Our human characters don't look too good so for the new character here's a guy with no human face instead".

Dio

Banned
Alright, thanks. Not a soul that doesn't prefer XIII's art style though, right?

Here's hoping the game lands on its feet in the end..

No, of course, but KOF12/13 sprites were fucking incredibly expensive. In fact, they were working on multiple characters simultaneously but it takes a year and six months PER CHARACTER to get them done in that style.

Even back when SNK had enough money to make a KOF12/13 style pixel art game, they were only able to make like 30 characters BECAUSE that process was so expensive and time consuming. KOF14 has 50, which is more like KOF2002UM and more suitable for a team based game.

Basically, it's completely impossible financially to go back to that unless they magically become as big as they used to be. If the sales justified that money spent, they'd also have more incentive to make good pixel art, but the fact of the matter is that the amount of effort to consumers caring about it ratio is just too shitty to bother anymore, especially as SNK isn't big enough and doesn't have enough money.

Crocodile

Woah so Dino-Tizoc was in that leak from a while back? Yeah I'm becoming more and more convinced its legit.

What engine is being used to make this game BTW? Does anyone know?

No, of course, but KOF12/13 sprites were fucking incredibly expensive. In fact, they were working on multiple characters simultaneously but it takes a year and six months PER CHARACTER to get them done in that style.

Even back when SNK had enough money to make a KOF12/13 style pixel art game, they were only able to make like 30 characters BECAUSE that process was so expensive and time consuming. KOF14 has 50, which is more like KOF2002UM and more suitable for a team based game.

Basically, it's completely impossible financially to go back to that unless they magically become as big as they used to be. If the sales justified that money spent, they'd also have more incentive to make good pixel art, but the fact of the matter is that the amount of effort to consumers caring about it ratio is just too shitty to bother anymore, especially as SNK isn't big enough and doesn't have enough money.

That's kind of on SNK for choosing such an expensive way to make the sprites though no? There are clearly cheaper ways, as seen by other current games, to do high quality 2D art. Of course, time is still the limiting factor - going 2D and launching with a 50 character roster are mutually exclusive concepts if you want the game out soon. I certainly feel the game's looks are improving but I dunno if I can say they are actually good - especially compared to every other fighter out on the market right now using 3D graphics.

Saoshyant

I pray every day that they won't ruin Athena in this game. They will still find a way to use that atrocious XIII design, I just know it.

BadWolf

The less Garou MOTW characters there are in the game the higher the chances of a new Fatal Fury/MOTW game imo.

Is AOF team with Yuri or Mr. Karate?

Better be Yuri, and with a fresh design at that.

And it's about time Ryo took a shot at being Mr. Karate in KOF.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I used to like Tizoc posts... but now that he turn heel i dunno what to think. V__V

Fandangox

Really liking the Ikari warriors new designs. They all look great. Really looking forward to seeing what Ramon is like on this one.

King of Dinosaurs screams "Our human characters don't look too good so for the new character here's a guy with no human face instead".

King of Dinosaurs is almost 100% to be Tizoc, who would have had an animal face mask either way. Not a new character,

TreIII

Seriously though. She deserves to be in the mainline KoF games now. She is awesome!

I can only guess that more MOTW chars will be added (back) into the mix as the series goes on, if successful. Not only because those characters are liked, but because the current team behind KOF XIV is made up of Fatal Fury series devs.

If a MOTW2 truly isn't in the cards, I could think of worse then just bringing in Rock and friends and continuing things in KOF.

Top Bottom