• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Eh, I can wait a few days, especially if the trailer uses the extra time do be something really special. Such as setting up a ton of old rivalries (though showing special intros), before letting the new rivals present theirs at the end of those.

Maybe it's time to go from introducing characters, to introducing teams, y'know? If the new build has a load of new features, they could also show those for the first time (Intros, new lighting, modified character select screen or UI, new angles for SDMs, taunts, etc.)

You think they changed VAs for vet characters?

Yeah, it was mentioned in one of the early interviews that they'd finished all the Seiyuu recording work, and that some actors were able to get back, other's weren't. O really wish they'd list each characters CV during their intro trailer, like they do with most JP RPGs and such.

TreIII

Knew the thrill ride couldn't last forever. But after a day like today (crappy day at job, RIP Prince/Chyna, etc.), I could have certainly used the nice boost from another SNKP promo.

JayEH

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/723311528988930048

24 characters will be playable at KOF XIV's trial session held in Tokyo on April 25th, from 6pm JST! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

Cgm4ADPU0AAbAsl.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Weird, I thought King was already announced?

Also big trailer in 25th? Cool!

Yeah, it was mentioned in one of the early interviews that they'd finished all the Seiyuu recording work, and that some actors were able to get back, other's weren't. O really wish they'd list each characters CV during their intro trailer, like they do with most JP RPGs and such.

I wonder whose voice changed. Geese definitely sounded different.

Relique

Weird, I thought King was already announced?

Also big trailer in 25th? Cool!

I am not at all surprised that King was taken out. If I was a betting man I'd have my money on a King rebalance. I think they might be reworking some of her tools because the loss of the air fireball seems to hurt her quite a bit.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

https://twitter.com/FinalFantazC/status/723495726160973824

the single #KOFXIV playable station at the somy booth.

yup same as the asian trade shows it was demo'd at already

CgpfhiXWsAA0tAa.jpg

If there was any doubt it'd be the old 9 chara build.

Prof on MMC seemed pretty confident that Geese was still Kong Kuwata. Even with the same Seiyuu, the performance can change a lot... I didn't like Harumi Ikoma's Mary much in XI, for example, but she's sounded great as King once again in XIII...

Prof on MMC seemed pretty confident that Geese was still Kong Kuwata. Even with the same Seiyuu, the performance can change a lot... I didn't like Harumi Ikoma's Mary much in XI, for example, but she's sounded great as King once again in XIII...

I remember reading an interview where it was said that basically the VAs specifically go out of their way to do that to reflect some sort of character growth. I like how aggressive and rough Kyo sounds this time around, doesn't exactly match his appearance though. XD

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Haven't seen any off screen footage from pax yet.

Give me a day, I'll upload some. But be warned, it's an older build.

I'm not a big KOF fan. I like it, but it's not my main squeeze. But damn, after two matches, it's a level below SFV in hype levels for me, which is pretty damn high! The characters are responsive, it's not as stiff as the other games as far as I remember, and the only issue I had were the five second loading times. Graphics look FAR better in person. Like the way things animate and move absolutely could not be done on a PS2, let alone a PS3 without some huge sacrifices. Case in point - the way the hair looks for Kula looks separated as opposed to being one strand of hair, and it's way more active in terms of facial features and reactions than screenshots would leave you to believe.

Also, it's rock solid 60FPS.

BadWolf

^Thanks for the link!

I'm not a big KOF fan. I like it, but it's not my main squeeze. But damn, after two matches, it's a level below SFV in hype levels for me, which is pretty damn high! The characters are responsive, it's not as stiff as the other games as far as I remember, and the only issue I had were the five second loading times. Graphics look FAR better in person. Like the way things animate and move absolutely could not be done on a PS2, let alone a PS3 without some huge sacrifices. Case in point - the way the hair looks for Kula looks separated as opposed to being one strand of hair, and it's way more active in terms of facial features and reactions than screenshots would leave you to believe.

Thanks for the impressions man, they echo what a lot of other people have said in that it looks a lot better in person. The streamer SAB CA linked to also said that the game looks really good and the reveal trailers and his own footage don't do it justice.

The gameplay continues to look on point, can't wait for your vids and for tomorrow's official stream of the new 24 character build.

I like to think of it the same as the majority Garou's having instant supers.

It would be nice for Terry to have his df+C back it's Garou property of upper invinciblilty until the hit box is active.

Let's leave that for Garou 2 :)

JayEH

Awesome thanks.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Take with much he grains of the salt.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/209188/kofxiv-dlcs-leaked-list

ザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズXIV
ダウンロード可能なコンテンツ
日本 (慎吾)
龍虎の拳 (琢磨)
餓狼伝説 (Blue Mary)
南米 (ブラジルのMMAファイター)
公式招待(shapeshifter ファイター(アッシュ、八代とKrizalid))
もうひとつの世界 (リー)
K' (Whip)
イカリ (ハイデルン)
矢上 (英二)
メキシコ (Vanessa)
キム (Jhun)
南の町 (山崎)
サイコソルジャー (バオ)
女性のファイターズ (和美)
悪役 (Raiden)
中国 (ジンChonrei)

Google Translate Version!:

The King of Fighters XIV
Downloadable content
Japan (Shingo)
Art of Fighting (Takuma)
Fatal Fury (Blue Mary)
South America (MMA fighter of Brazil)
Official invitation (shapeshifter Fighter (Ash, Yashiro and Krizalid))
Another one of the world's (Lee)
K '(Whip)
Ikari (Heidern)
Yagami (Eiji)
Mexico (Vanessa)
Kim (Jhun)
South of town (Yamazaki)
Psycho Soldier (Bao)
Women Fighters (Kazumi)
Villain (Raiden)
China (Jin Chonrei)

Posted by a guy who joined SRK 5 hours ago! WOHOO! (-_-;)

I normally don't post stuff like this, but any tidbits that start there seem to find their way here eventually.

BadWolf

Take with much he grains of the salt.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/209188/kofxiv-dlcs-leaked-list

Google Translate Version!:

Posted by a guy who joined SRK 5 hours ago! WOHOO! (-_-;)

I normally don't post stuff like this, but any tidbits that start there seem to find their way here eventually.

That many characters should be KOFXV territory, not DLC.

...unless they are planning on an expansion model instead of regular new installments.

It would also result in 4 character teams.

just a word of warning that this is most definitely a google translated post based on a lot of incorrect vocabulary, incorrect team names (e.g. south town is literally the characters for south and town as opposed to the phonetic spelling of south town actually used) and incorrect kanji used for names (along with the obvious random names in english lol)

so i mean, while it's possible that a non-japanese speaker with legitimate information could go google translate their information for some reason, combine that with the "too good to be true" nature of the list and... make of it what you will, i suppose

sorry, don't mean to kill the fun or anything, just figured it'd be better to throw that in sooner rather than later

Good job. We need more people saying this. I posted this in December and nobody really believed it. Laban said the same thing too. Oh well. As people see it they will believe it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A game could have 66 characters (68 if you count "shapeshifting" as 2 more), and people would still be bemoaning 1 or 2 being lost. LoL. I do understand it, but man, if this leak is real, I mean... this would be trying REALLY HARD to be the platform that tries it's hardest to usurp every other KoF.

Sure it'd still be missing Shermie, Honoka, Rock... but there'd be like a remixed flavor of every SNKP Archetype in there somewhere.

Uffff! My BS meter is going off! Yeah, it's kinda cute how it's 4th members for all teams.
And since when is Vanessa Mexican?
The only reason Im not calling it fake right off the bat is the fact that every leak so far for this game has been right. Hell, at this point if a leak says they're going to announce GarouxShonen Jump at EVO I'd at least considered it possible.

BadWolf

Uffff! My BS meter is going off! Yeah, it's kinda cute how it's 4th members for all teams.
And since when is Vanessa Mexican?
The only reason Im not calling it fake right off the bat is the fact that every leak so far for this game has been right. Hell, at this point if a leak says they're going to announce GarouxShonen Jump at EVO I'd at least considered it possible.

After 'Kim's master' and 'Kim's master's wife' I will believe anything.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Korigama

Not sure why Eiji would be on the same team as Iori when he hates the guy (plus, the kanji used there for Yagami are completely wrong; there's more than one way to write the family name Yagami, but that's certainly not the one used for Iori's).

Not buying it, particularly when the person who posted it only just joined SRK.

Skunkers

If that leak list did turn out to be true (it won't), I hope they'd sell the characters piecemeal and not just in a pass. I'd pay extra money to NOT have Bao and Ash in my game lol.

Top Bottom