• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

CqgmENaVIAAQzO4.jpg:orig

Can't unsee Coco talking.

//ARCANUM

So I pre-ordered the premium edition from Amazon months ago, it still says shipping soon and that it's delivering tomorrow. I..... don't believe them. Is this happening to others?

BadWolf

Uh oh, seems it's no minor balance patch after all ?

Sounds pretty beefy actually, via John Grimm from SRK:

Atma doing some quick and dirty side by sides showing off some of the speed increases included with version 1.1 of the game. Long story short for people who don't want to scroll through tweets, the game got MUCH faster, it's almost exactly in line with 98 frame data and some of the floatier characters even got jumps faster than what they had in XIII. Besides Atma's findings, there's tons of talk of walk/run speed increases pretty much across the board and general rebalancing to make some of the stronger characters less insane and some of the weaker characters more interesting/viable/gooder.

From Atma's twitter:

Every character I have tried so far is now FASTER. Both in movement speed and jumps, others reporting the same.

KoFXIII Kim:
27f hop, 40f jump

KoFXIV 1.1 Kim:
28f hop, 35f jump

KoFXIII Benimaru:
28f hop, 35f jump

KoFXIV 1.1 Benimaru:
27f hop, 35f jump.

KoFXIII Joe:
29f hop, 37f jump

KoFXIV 1.1 Joe:
28f hop, 36f jump.

Hyun Sai

Even if I don't have much hope for the online, Floe stream was the land of stupid lol. Judging the netcode on one bar connections because of course nearly no one is online yet.

Tripon

So I pre-ordered the premium edition from Amazon months ago, it still says shipping soon and that it's delivering tomorrow. I..... don't believe them. Is this happening to others?
My best buy order was just shipped today and is still in Kentucky.

I live in L.A.

Yeah, I anit getting shit on Tuesday

Hmmm. This new info is very interesting. If KOD got really buffed, then I hope this was the case with all the other big bodies, because all of their run speed seemed too slow for a KOF game.

I'll be real eager to test things out tomorrow...hopefully before the mid-afternoon.

GeoMantle

Neo Member
Just figured out one of the special illustrations:

Chin/Gang-Il/Tung

Anyone know about any of the others?

And yeah, post-patch the game feels weird. Not as easy to link air to ground stuff.

Shun-Ei's juggle potential was nerfed. Like, after an EX Rising Efreet, you can only get one normal Rising Efreet, not two. That's all I know about Shun.

Regarding Kyo, I don't know. I wouldn't think it's anything too drastic. Kyo and Iori still gon' be good.

Good, I hate combos that have the same move over and over. I hope kyos kicks can't be done 3 times either.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
14 more hours? Fuck...I got home from the gym expecting 9pm PST(ie. midnight EST). Deus Ex has 3 more hours to go as well.

Frak.

Coda

Pretty excited that the game feels faster now. It felt a little slow feeling when I tried the demo and watching early retail copy footage.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
They also talk about how they originally wanted Yamazaki and Blue Mary in the game, but cut them in fear of having too many Fatal Fury characters

Yeah, I also like how they mentioned thinking about bringing in people like John Crawley and Jack Turner from AoF. I'm glad we got Master Tung in the game! The concerns of making it too much of one series are interesting to hear THEM talk about.

And they once again state they're not working on anything, even if western media insist they are. Guess the SamSho rumors will have to rest for a while longer...

They also talk about how they originally wanted Yamazaki and Blue Mary in the game, but cut them in fear of having too many Fatal Fury characters

That's a fair reason. I mean, there's already 8 Fatal Fury characters in the game(Terry, Andy, Joe, Mai, Tung, Kim, Billy and Geese). There's 10 if you include Alice and KOD.

Honestly, as much as I like Yamazaki and Mary, I'd rather have the FF characters that we have already, and that's mostly because of GEESE.

That's a fair reason. I mean, there's already 8 Fatal Fury characters in the game(Terry, Andy, Joe, Mai, Tung, Kim, Billy and Geese). There's 10 if you include Alice and KOD.

Honestly, as much as I like Yamazaki and Mary, I'd rather have the FF characters that we have already, and that's mostly because of GEESE.
They also mentioned Rock, and that they didn't put him in because Geese was in the game and it would be difficult to make that whole scenario work (or something along those lines). Personally, I think the devs team just really wants to make a new Fatal Fury/Mark of the Wolves, but need KOFXIV to sell well enough to get that project greenlit

WarRock

- Kuroki admits that even when they go to schools to recruit potential new workers, none of the students even know SNK, although he notes that it's because fighting games have become kind of niche
Damn =/

Amedo310

Kyo's AAA is negative on block now. cr. D fixed. hcb+D no longer have low invincibility, only hcb+B. qcf+B, B does less dmg. Well it does the same damage as qcf+D, D now. cr. C to f+B is no longer possible due to cr. C having huge pushback.

I was wrong about qcf+A.

Kyo's qcf+A does less damage. I believe 50 to 40 dmg now. AAA is negative on block now. cr. D fixed. hcb+D no longer have low invincibility, only hcb+B. qcf+B, B does less dmg. Well it does the same damage as qcf+D, D now.

I need to check the numbers but this might make cr.B to close C link worth it again. I think they adjusted range on qcb+B too.

Cr. C and jump/hops more than make up for slight nerfs anyway.

Top Bottom