• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of the Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this first came out I just didn't get it. Now it's on the level of Futurama as a show I can continually watch and find humorous.

Anyone else love the characters on this show? Dale is probably one of the best.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Same with me, I hated it when I was younger but now love it enough to buy all the dvds. My favourite character is Peggy.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I loved it as a kid, but I hate it now. I feel like I am watching the same thing over and over again.

I loved Futurama as a kid, and I love it now.

AniHawk

i love this show. i think my favorite episode happens early in the series when dale thinks he has rabies. everything about him high on mushrooms is amazing.

Love the show. Hated it because of the animation/style when I was a kid, and because I thought it was just about white trash rednecks being rednecks. Then I realized it was hilarious.

6mCIU.gif

level of futurama? for my money it's better than that. second best animated series after simpsons even.

some really heartwarming episodes. I really like the one where hank is gonna tell dale that john redcorn is joseph's father, but stops when he sees how good their relationship is.

edit: oh fuck that episode when bobby practices kissing on a manequin is hilarious.

I completely agree, i completely turned around on the show as it went on, i know its not the quality of the show but more my tastes.

i'll give it a re-watch soon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
As one of the few major Asian characters on TV at the time, I really have a soft spot for Kahn... especially later on when they finally accept him as one of the "guys".

The Tiger Woods episode was also amazing, with the Asian golf club admitting Hank as a token white guy. lol

AniHawk

I don't get Peggy hate, she's hilarious too. Her and Hank's naivete, lol, I can't.

she has some legitimately great moments too. i'm conflicted on the exit of cotton's character in death picks cotton, but i liked how she put herself into a genuine win-win situation at the end there.

Mr. F

Banned
Same case, went from finding it boring as a kid to funny as an adult. Haven't given it a proper watch aside from random episodes, though.

Zebra

level of futurama? for my money it's better than that. second best animated series after simpsons even.

Absolutely.

It even had some great guest stars. I just recently watched the one where Alan Rickman plays the voice of a tyrannical renaissance fair king, and another one where Jeff Goldblum voiced a character who runs a fake PhD degree scam. They were both amazing.

I used to watch it because it was on after The Simpsons, but I never really found it funny. I do enjoy it a lot more now when I see it. It's funny to think about, but I enjoyed this show a lot more once it started airing on Adult Swim. Same for the original Family Guy and Futurama. However, I never really watched those two until they aired on AS.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
i love this show. i think my favorite episode happens early in the series when dale thinks he has rabies. everything about him high on mushrooms is amazing.
When I close my eyes, I can see strange characters running around chasing colorful geometric shapes in a dark and infinite limbo. I have stopped closing my eyes.

bill's speech to motivate boomhauer is incredible. i can't find it on youtube but it's pretty funny and seems like required viewing for dating-age.

AniHawk

When I close my eyes, I can see strange characters running around chasing colorful geometric shapes in a dark and infinite limbo. I have stopped closing my eyes.

i'm going to drain all the blood from your body. then i'm going to replace my blood with your non-rabid blood, which will both cure me and give me all your knowledge of propane and propane accessories.

NinjaBoiX

I dunno, it's alright, but I find it really dull. I think that's the point, you know, quite American suburb and all that, but it's everything; Lack of music, very little animation, gently delivered dialogue, it doesn't seem to do a whole lot to keep things "peppy" like other animated sitcoms.

I just think that's Judge's style, B&B was similar in this regard.

tumblr_m83rykek2a1r6470go1_500.gif

Love that gif.

It is pretty funny though, just a little boring with it.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I dunno, it's alright, but I find it really dull. I think that's the point, you know, quite American suburb and all that, but it's everything; Lack of music, very little animation, gently delivered dialogue, it doesn't seem to do a whole lot to keep things "peppy" like other animated sitcoms.

I just think that's Judge's style, B&B was similar in this regard.

Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

My favorite episodes tend to be the most lively ones.

When this first came out I just didn't get it. Now it's on the level of Futurama as a show I can continually watch and find humorous.

Anyone else love the characters on this show? Dale is probably one of the best.

I watch at least 3-10 epsiodes every day on netflix for the last year. My favorite show ever, it helps that hank reminds me of my dad. He's very similar to hank hill, even has a boss like Mr. Strickland. My dad and I used to watch the show ever since the first episode aired, sad its gone. I post a ton of single quotes from the show on my tumblr.
most recent entries:

Dear Lord, I don’t want to go back to college, so please help me be sexy. Amen
- Luanne Platter

Murderers are just bullies, if you stand up to them, they’ll always crumble.
- Hank Hill

Thank god its covered in warning labels because this antifreeze looks delicious
- Peggy Hill

Education is the sleeping pill that makes dreams happen.
- Peggy Hill

I learned something important in college today. I don’t want to be there!
- Luann Platter

There isnt a character I don't love.

Cotton was always spewing gold:

"I don't take no anesthetic. Did Lincoln ask for any girlie gas when they blowed his head off?"

I love how absolutely none of the characters are normal except for Khan Jr. Every character has a quirk, my favorite is Boomhauer because he says "dang ol'" before a lot of things.

I found it funny that I wasn't a huge fan of many of the shows Adult Swim put on, but after they did, I became fans of them. That includes Futurama, American Dad and King of the Hill.

I'm the same way. I found it funny that I wasn't a huge fan of many of the shows Adult Swim put on, but after they did, I became fans of them. That includes Futurama, American Dad and King of the Hill.

I love how absolutely none of the characters are normal except for Khan Jr. Every character has a quirk, my favorite is Boomhauer because he says "dang ol'" before a lot of things.

Remember when Boomhauer talked about what happened in the firehouse and everyone was talking like him and he was speaking eloquently and normal?

aww man. my personal favorite episodes are centered on the relationship between hank and bobby. that one where bobby learns he's fat (that scene in the husky clothing store when he realizes is hilarious) and becomes a model for plus-sized clothing is too funny

tumblr_lyvz3iDyKU1rnrwsbo1_400.gif

Remember when Boomhauer talked about what happened in the firehouse and everyone was talking like him and he was speaking eloquently and normal?

that was great haha. his grandma scared the shit out of me tho

I love how Boomhauer is the smartest one there. During the art episode, he starts talking about Duchamp's fountain and Dadaism and on the Buckley's funeral episode, he is the ony one to get Kahn's story.

Also, I found the finale, the meat team episode, to be the most heartfelt finale I've ever seen for a cartoon. Makes me tear up every time.

I'm still so upset that it was cancelled for the cleveland show... :(

The show was very consistent in quality, even after 12 years. Same can't be said for most other shows...

That episode was on a day or two ago. My favorite:

"Cats are fine animals for little girls and old ladies. Y'know, sick people."

I like when Hank says really crazy things like that.

Definitely my favorite moment involving Boomhauer. I also loved hearing his mother in one episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom