• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

King Thrash Gaming Defends his analysis after continued trash talking and personal attacks.

LuvOfThaGame

Feb 29, 2016
This ignorant bitch is you, isn't it TLW? Fuck off with your agendas against industry professionals because you don't like it when they don't suck your blue sony dick. You like this king shit so much you be on some hoe shit, stupid motherfucker.**

**I figure since ignorant shit videos are allowed, I can talk the same way in its thread to reflect the same energy the OP wants to convey.

Aug 28, 2019
I'll watch his video he's creating to prove his point.

For those that didn't watch this it's basically an announcement video that he's taking 2 days to make a counter-argument to Digital Foundry. He talks about how he was brought up here and focuses on a response from someone at Digital Foundry that talks about how his video has caused him much grief.

I found the common ground with the guy from Digital Foundry he spoke of and was at peace with that situation but I'm not going to have the knee jerk reaction of believing KingThrash has nothing new to say before even giving him the chance. It's also weird how many people are judging KingThrash's arguments simply on his personality, which honestly is hysterical.

I'd also like to see how Digital Foundry responds to the upcoming video assuming they do respond. Nothing wrong with a healthy debate.

DonF

Jul 10, 2017
Closed that down after about 12 seconds. I assume he rags on John from digital foundry?
come on, dude. no need to be a blind zealot! If this guy makes a compelling case, with proof and evidence, we should hear him.

yikes, 42 seconds intro? Damn...
damn, its 9 minutes of nothing...someone called him a liar and in his next video he is going to show he is not...ok what a waste of time, at least I set it to 2x speed.

Last edited:

SLoWMoTIoN

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
This ignorant bitch is you, isn't it TLW? Fuck off with your agendas against industry professionals because you don't like it when they don't suck your blue sony dick. You like this king shit so much you be on some hoe shit, stupid motherfucker.**

**I figure since ignorant shit videos are allowed, I can talk the same way in its thread to reflect the same energy the OP wants to convey.

MiguelItUp

Feb 24, 2015
come on, dude. no need to be a blind zealot! If this guy makes a compelling case, with proof and evidence, we should hear him.

yikes, 42 seconds intro? Damn...
damn, its 9 minutes of nothing...someone called him a liar and in his next video he is going to show he is not...ok what a waste of time, at least I set it to 2x speed.
Yeah, I couldn't sit through all of this. Just sounds like a dude calling someone else out because they don't believe him. Cool?

Trim down that almost minute intro, Jesus.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa and SLoWMoTIoN

Clear

Feb 2, 2009
Love me some KingThrash. Funny as fuck.

No sympy for DF. Sorry, not sorry.

You put it out there in the public domain, expect commentary that isn't going to always be complimentary. Especially when you're in the business of casting judgement of other people's hard work, you better suck it up, or look like the worst sort of hypocrite.

thelastword

Gold Member
Apr 7, 2006
I'll watch his video he's creating to prove his point.

For those that didn't watch this it's basically an announcement video that he's taking 2 days to make a counter-argument to Digital Foundry. He talks about how he was brought up here and focuses on a response from someone at Digital Foundry that talks about how his video has caused him much grief.

I found the common ground with the guy from Digital Foundry he spoke of and was at peace with that situation but I'm not going to have the knee jerk reaction of believing KingThrash has nothing new to say before even giving him the chance. It's also weird how many people are judging KingThrash's arguments simply on his personality, which honestly is hysterical.

I'd also like to see how Digital Foundry responds to the upcoming video assuming they do respond. Nothing wrong with a healthy debate.
The biggest problem I have with all of this are people pretending they are above scrutiny, I mean really? who are you?...….The president of the United Stated is constantly under scrutiny, but you think no one should question the mighty DF, they can do no wrong.......When in fact, it's been shown they have a knack of getting things wrong.......and misrepresenting details and stats, that could easily be proven otherwise, right there in their videos.....

It's why I said in another thread, it seems its opposites world the last few months; right is wrong and wrong is right, high are lows and vice versa.........It's like someone saying to DF, 1+1=2, when they initially said 1+1=11, but instead they concede, they go on attacking the guy correcting them, talking about this is hard work, they had little time and they are sick and playing the excuses and victim game, when that has nothing to do with presenting proper and factual videos.......If one guy on his off-time with no equipment can do it right, these excuses for a foundry who does this for a living is inexcusable.....

So, King Thrash is wrong, how? where?..........DF said the game in question had great lighting, where? with so many lighting inconsistencies, they said it had great shadows and reflections? Where, when shadows are absent entirely in some cases......They never touched on the lack of physics, but were intent on driving the angle of best graphics......In what world does a game missing so many basic graphical elements or consistency thereof is any type pf graphical standard. To make such a claim when such inconsistencies can easily be highlighted, reflects on the people making the claim of great graphics, great light, reflections and shadows.....

DF is more about trying to shut the little youtuber up who comes with factual data as opposed to opinionated "I'm the premier word on tech", these guys dont know what they are talking about.......butttt he said 1+1=2 and you said 11, what are you on about....I still remember when Nxgamer came on the scene and revealed so many things to gamers about these mulitplat games, FC4 was a real head-turner for me, had it not been for NX we would not have known the real breakdown on so many of these comparisons......On old Gaf
he was attacked silly by Dictator, Durante, Dark1X...….Cataferal is the only guy who does not get in the sway, he may have his biases, but he does not go on forums and make it personal...…..NX was always under attack by these guys at OLDGAF...…..Even Durante was instrumental in causing NXgamer to take a break from analysis, but his fans told him, he should stay on, rightly so, because that man's data and ATD videos are on point...….I still remember that thread, where Durante, Dictator etc... piled on NX at Resetera, because he got somethings right and DF wrong, causing him to take this break. Durante was a mod there at the time and soon after that, was demodded and denutted there, because he was the one putting kerosene on NX the most in that thread. It's the same with Vgtech after the Redout Fiasco, they attacked Vgtech too and their fans went in "poor man's DF", regardless of the fact that Vgtech was right...…..

Its the same here, concede when you're wrong, it's the only way you will do better, make your videos factual, not filled with opinions and
gross misrepresentations...….If KTG shows bad reflections, bad lighting, no SSS in the same shot you said it existed, don't attack the man and say he does not know what he's talking about, prove him wrong and show why you praised these graphical elements and also tell us why you never mentioned any issues with the game's graphics or physics, clearly he is wrong and the biased one right? So make a video showing us the great, lighting, shadows, physics, because I took many pics playing Gears 5 at max, so if you crown this one of the best looking games objectively.............I have over a hundred screens of Gears 5 at ultra settings on PC, not XBONEX settings at medium without Ultra textures.....Gears at it's best. If you want HDR screens I can do that too....I'm sure KTG and others have tonnes of screens and video too, if you want, I can make some videos, but don't go telling people they are wrong, when they are the ones presenting objective data here and all you're doing is showing a body part where there's no SSS, and talking about great lighting, reflections and shadows, when it's debunked all in the same mirror room ........, but yes, just believe you, these guys are loons....

xool

May 29, 2018
Can someone give a summary of this whole situation, and explain it like I’m retarded?
I guess you need to watch these :

and

[edit] missed one - this too

but somewhere inbetween 3rd partys, possibly on resetera got involved or something, don't ask me. I think John Lindeman took some stuff personally, dunno, possibly not related.

Nothing to see here actually.

KingThrash's videos are fun.

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Dec 1, 2012
I like DF as well, thejr videos are informative but i didnt think it was that bad.

Honestly, watch DF's videos on Borderlands 3 and Gears 5. Then watch King thrash's videos. DF missed alot of stuff gfx wise and frankly made it way better than it was or just chose not to talk about it.

King made some very very good points (even though i hate his tone).

DF, just make a video addressing some of things King found in BL3 for example and its all good. If he is a lair, address it.

Reactions: TLZ and thelastword

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
I guess you need to watch these :

and

but somewhere inbetween 3rd partys, possibly on resetera got involved or something, don't ask me. I think John Lindeman took some stuff personally, dunno, possibly not related.

Nothing to see here actually.

KingThrash's videos are fun.
Retarded people don’t watch 60 minutes of video to find out what happened, Xool.

As much as I appreciate it, it’s chocolate milk time. Tell me which man is bad and I hand over my upvote.

thelastword

Gold Member
Apr 7, 2006
GAF continues its descent into GameFaqs land. All of the industry posters are gone so now it’s come down to posting videos from wannabe gangster gamers on YouTube huh? Lol.

Jesus Christ.
You heard it here first folks, all the industry folks left GAF because of King Thrash.....

Dennis Dyack, Randy PitchFord, Zoe Quinn, Aaron Greenberg, Todd Howard, Arthur Gies, Frank O Connor.......…

demigod

Apr 17, 2007
GAF continues its descent into GameFaqs land. All of the industry posters are gone so now it’s come down to posting videos from wannabe gangster gamers on YouTube huh? Lol.

Jesus Christ.
You joined after the exodus, when everyone is gone already. So why are you whining now? If you care for industry posters so much, era is ----> way

I watched the Gears 5 video and am I stupid or is he right about everything he showed?
If he's wrong don't you think DF would've made a video calling him out? Nope, all they did was rant about it on era and twitter.

ROMhack

Jul 14, 2018
Meh, I think it's more than fair to point out that these YouTube drama episodes are kinda stupid. Like reality TV for nerds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psykodad and Pallas

Vol5

Mar 2, 2010
I watched the Gears 5 video and am I stupid or is he right about everything he showed?
Some of his observations are true. I've played the game from start to finish and while overall the game looks good, there are some glaring inconsistencies with it, plus the laughable bugs (at least on PC).

Last edited:
Reactions: Yakuzakazuya

Fiskyfisko

Neo Member
Sep 4, 2019
Well that's a lot of n-words per second and his videos seem to be bass bosted or something.

I watched his videos and I see what he's saying. DFs video on gears 5 was a real head scratcher.
But DF making a 30min long video of them trying to shoot every single object or counting how long it takes for decals to dissapear would be pretty boring, we have a Crowbcat for that.
King Trash really likes his atention to detail, physics stuff and long lasting decals it seems.

This is a pretty stupid drama.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Elenchus

Jun 27, 2018
You joined after the exodus, when everyone is gone already. So why are you whining now? If you care for industry posters so much, era is ----> way

If he's wrong don't you think DF would've made a video calling him out? Nope, all they did was rant about it on era and twitter.
So any critique I make is whining huh? Funny how that same standard doesn’t apply to this ignorant ass video you’re boosting.

The fact that this level of content can form the basis of a thread here should be embarrassing for GAF and it’s moderators.

That the descent of this place is underway is no reason to continue down that path.

The language alone disqualifies the video unless we can all start dropping N-bombs in here. Hell why stop there right?

What other racial epithets are we allowed to hurl here? Smh.

Posters like you are frankly the reason GAF has become such a cesspool.

Absolutely pathetic.

Aug 28, 2019
So any critique I make is whining huh? Funny how that same standard doesn’t apply to this ignorant ass video you’re boosting.

The fact that this level of content can form the basis of a thread here should be embarrassing for GAF and it’s moderators.

That the descent of this place is underway is no reason to continue down that path.

The language alone disqualifies the video unless we can all start dropping N-bombs in here. Hell why stop there right?

Absolutely pathetic.
Not to sound like someone from ResetEra but are you really going off on a black guy for using the n-word because you don't get to?

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015

Absolutely pathetic.
Bye now

demigod

Apr 17, 2007

Absolutely pathetic.
So a black dude on youtube is using the N word and it bothers you? Yet you didn't speak up when some gaffers were fat shaming Jim here. So what's worse, a guy using the N word on youtube or gaffers fat shaming?

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: thelastword

TLZ

Oct 20, 2015
Sydney

What does the way he talks have anything to do with ignorance?

Aug 28, 2019
I don’t?? I’m confused. I thought this meant we all get to use it now.

Are we parsing out rights based on skin color now?
Who mentioned anything about rights? I'm just talking about what's generally accepted in society. If you want to get into what people and should and shouldn't be able to say well I'm as free speech as they come, but you were asking why you can't use the term with impunity on this privately owned forum.

Reactions: thelastword